Over-ear studio monitor headphones
Our take on the Yamaha HPH-MT8 by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Accurate sound across a wide frequency range
Our in-house recording studio vet Cory broke down to me why Yamaha monitor speakers are found in so many pro studios: they have a neutral sound with accurate imaging over a wide frequency range. These Yamaha HPH-MT8 headphones boast 45mm drivers that deliver the company's uncolored, revealing sound signature. But these well-padded monitors also offer an isolated, reverb-free "listening chamber" that can often be better for making and mixing modern music.
- over-the-ear, closed-back design offers noise isolation for studio recording
- large 45mm dynamic drivers with copper-covered aluminum wire voice coils
- delivers powerful, highly accurate sound across a wide frequency range
- durable aluminum frame and heavy-duty earcups to handle stage and studio use
- sweat-resistant headband
- flexible earcups and adjustable sliders help ensure a good fit
- earcups swivel and rotate for single-ear use
- cushioned ear pads for long-lasting comfort
- folding design for compact storage
- two detachable cables:
- 118" straight cable with miniplug connector
- 47" coiled cable with miniplug connector
- gold-plated 1/4" adapter included
- nylon carry bag included
- frequency response: 15-28,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 102 dB
- impedance: 37 ohms
- weight: 12.7 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Over-ear headphones (black)
- 10.5' Straight audio cable (3.5mm plug)
- 56" Coiled audio cable (3.5mm plug)
- Threaded 3.5mm-to-1/4" Adapter (installed on coiled cable)
- Padded storage pouch
- Owner's Manual
- Disposal guidelines
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.23" x 4.038"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||15-28k Hz|
|Cord Length||126" + 56"|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Yamaha HPH-MT8 Studio Monitor Headphones are a lightweight, over-the-ear monitor headphone for use in the recording studio, at a gig, or for personal listening. The headphones feature a closed-back design for excellent sound isolation. The MT8s come with interchangeable cables, a 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter, and a padded storage pouch.
Drivers: The HPH-MT8 is equipped with custom 45mm dynamic drivers that deliver balanced sound with a wide frequency response of 15Hz to 28kHz. The drivers feature CCAW (Copper-clad Aluminum Wire) voice coils and powerful neodymium magnets.
Ear Cups: The MT8 uses large ear pads covered with smooth synthetic leather to provide ideal sound isolation, absorb vibrations, and give you hours of comfort for long studio sessions. The ear cups can pivot in multiple directions, allowing one-ear monitoring when necessary. The ear cups fold in for compact storage in the supplied pouch.
Cables: The headphones come with two cables: a 10.5' straight cable and a 56" coiled cable, both terminated with a gold-plated 3.5mm plug. A threaded 3.5mm-to-1/4" stereo adapter is included for use with mixing boards, home components, and other equipment. The gold-plated connectors resist corrosion and provide maximum signal transfer.
- Frequency Response: 15Hz - 28kHz
- Sound Pressure Level: 102 dB/mW
- Maximum Input Power: 1600 mW (1 kHz)
- Impedance: 37Ω (at 1 kHz)
- Dimensions: Ear Cup: 3.23" width, 4.038" height, 1.964" depth
- Weight: 12.5 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Previous experience with Yamaha speakers. [ Roberto Apr 28, 2018 ]
I will be using these for studio mixing at home and portable dj use [ Robert Aug 16, 2017 ]