Apple® In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic
Our take on the Apple® In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Genuine Apple headphones for your Apple devices
These Apple in-ear headphones deliver detailed sound from your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod®. They use separate high- and low-frequency drivers in each earbud for clearer treble and deeper bass. And because these headphones fit snugly in your ears, they help seal out ambient noise, letting you hear those details at lower volume levels.
Convenient in-line remote
There's a remote built into the headphone cable that lets you operate your connected Apple device. Play and pause music, skip forward or back, and control the volume. The remote also has a built-in microphone, so you can receive calls with your iPhone.
Some nice extras
The headphones come with three sets of soft, silicone ear tips ensuring you'll have a comfortable fit for your ears. And the headphones are both moisture and sweat-resistant, so you can use them in the gym or out on a run. And when not in use, the included carry case keeps your headphones and extra ear tips organized.
- in-ear design provides natural sound isolation
- in-line remote lets you control music and volume on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod
- two drivers in each earbud for clearer highs and deeper bass
- moisture and sweat-resistant
- 42" miniplug cable
- includes assortment of silicone ear tips for optimum fit and sound quality
- built-in microphone on remote for receiving calls on an iPhone
- carrying case
- frequency response: 5-21,000 Hz
- impedance: 23 ohms
- sensitivity: 109 dB
- weight: 0.4 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- White in-ear headphones with 42" cord and in-line remote/microphone (3.5mm plug)
- Pair of Medium ear tips (installed)
- Pair of Large ear tips
- Pair of Small ear tips
- Ear tip storage capsule
- 2 Replacement mesh caps
- Headphone storage case
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Product Information Guide
Apple® In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||5-21k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Apple In-ear Headphones With Remote and Mic (ME186LL/A) are designed to be an upgrade to the Ear Pods that are included with the iPhone. The earphones come with three pairs of silicone ear tips, two replacement steel mesh caps, and a handy storage case.
Ear Buds: The in-ear headphones feature two high-performance drivers (balanced armature) in each earpiece to give you a richer, more detailed audio performance. The ear buds have stainless steel mesh caps to protect the internal components from dust and debris. The caps can be removed for cleaning or replaced with the extra set that's included in the box.
Ear Tips: To ensure you get the best fit and performance, you can choose from three sizes of silicone rubber ear tips. The proper fit and seal can improve bass response and tonal balance, as well as isolate unwanted noise. The remaining ear tips can be stored in the supplied storage capsule.
In-line Remote/Mic: The attached 42" cable has an in-line 3-button remote/microphone is compatible with Apple iPod, iPad, and iPhone. The outer buttons control the volume of your music and phone calls. The inner button can answer and end phone calls, and control music playback with single and multiple clicks. The remote and microphone are fully compatible with the following:
- iPhone: 6, 6 Plus, 5s, 5c, 5, 4s, 4, 3Gs
- iPad: 1st generation, iPad 2, 3rd generation, iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad Air
- classic 120GB, 160GB (with software version 2.0.1 or later)
- touch 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th generation (with software version 2.2 or later)
- nano 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th generation (with software version 1.0.3 or later)
- shuffle 4th generation
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 21kHz
- Sound Pressure Level: 109dB SPL/mW
- Impedance: 23 ohms
- Weight: 0.4 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
My daughter told me exactly what to buy [ Paula Jun 16, 2016 ]