2.1-channel speaker system (White)
Our take on the Bluesound Duo by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Powerful sound from a compact three-piece system
The Bluesound Duo speaker system was made to fill your room with beautiful music, not big boxes. The makers of NAD electronics and PSB speakers used their years of audio experience to create this system for the discerning listener who wants fantastic sound in a discreetly sized package. You'll be impressed by the accuracy, detail, and realism from the two compact satellite speakers. And the matching 8" subwoofer delivers deep, powerful bass without eating into your living space. The Duo can be powered by virtually any stereo receiver or amp, but it's been specially designed to work in harmony with the Bluesound Powernode, a music streamer/amplifier with a custom equalization setting to bring out the best this speaker system has to offer.
Speakers engineered with passion
The Duo was carefully designed and tested by Paul Barton and his team at PSB speakers for incredible sound. Each satellite speaker uses a 4" metalized poly midrange with a rubber surround for exceptional clarity and durability. And each features a ferrofluid-cooled, 1" aluminum dome tweeter to deliver extended highs that sparkle and shimmer without a trace of edginess.
NAD-powered subwoofer for truly dynamic bass
The matching subwoofer uses an 8" front-firing driver paired with a downward-facing port for tight, punchy bass. It's powered by an NAD-designed amplifier that pumps out 110 watts of continuous power, with dynamic peaks up to 280 watts. Bluesound makes it easy to integrate the sub with your system. You can hook your receiver or separate audio components up to the sub through its LFE, line-level, or speaker-level connections. The crossover and bass volume controls let you dial in the sound to match the satellite speakers and your room. And a phase switch lets you tweak the sub's output for more precise bass response.
The Absolute Sound's 2014 Product of the Year Awards: All-In-One System of the Year
The designers at NAD and PSB have come up with a brilliant solution to the problem of high-res, whole-house audio that combines superb sound reproduction with twenty-first-century connectivity.
— From The Absolute Sound January, 2015
- includes two 2-way satellite speakers and a powered 8" subwoofer
- system frequency response: 36-23,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 15-80 watts
- built-in Wi-Fi (2.4GHz only)
- attractive high-gloss finish
- warranty: 5 years speakers, 1 year subwoofer amp
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- developed in partnership with Paul Barton and PSB speakers
- recommended amplifier power: 15-80 watts
- 1" ferrofluid-cooled aluminum dome tweeter
- 4" metalized polypropylene woofer with rubber surround
- sealed (acoustic suspension) enclosure
- binding post terminals
- threaded metal insert for use with optional mounting bracket
- 5-1/8"W x 8-1/8"H x 7-3/16"D
- weight: 5.35 lbs. each
- built-in amplifier developed in partnership with NAD Electronics
- 110 watts RMS (280 watts dynamic peak power)
- 8" front-firing woofer
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure
- continuously variable 60-160 Hz crossover
- phase control switch
- line-level/LFE subwoofer input
- speaker level inputs
- auto on/off mode
- 9-5/8"W x 14-13/16"H x 16-1/4"D
- weight: 24.5 lbs.
What's in the Box:
- 2 Satellite loudspeakers (D20)
- Powered subwoofer (D10)
- 2 Detachable speaker grilles
- Detachable subwoofer grille
- Two 6' AC power cords (US/UK)
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Quick Start Guide/Safety Instructions
Bluesound Duo Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4|
|Woofer Composition||Metalized Poly|
|Impedance (Ohms)||Not Given|
|Frequency Response||35-23k Hz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||28-31|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years spkrs/1 Year amp|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years spkrs/1 Year amp|
Proprietary Digital Equalization: The Bluesound Duo Sub/Sat System incorporates proprietary digital equalization specifically designed for the Bluesound PowerNode or PowerNode 2 network music amp (sold separately), enhancing the performance of the speaker system. However, this sub/satellite system can also be used with other stereo amplifiers and AV receivers.
Two-Way Satellite Speakers (D20): The Bluesound Duo Sub/Sat System includes a pair of two-way satellite loudspeakers for full-range sound. These speakers were developed in partnership with PSB. Each satellite speaker employs a 1" aluminum dome tweeter with waveguide and a 4" metalized polypropylene woofer with rubber surround. The drivers are housed in an acoustic suspension polymer enclosure and hidden behind a detachable cloth grille. The satellite speakers are fitted with binding post speaker terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors and banana plugs (single only).
8"/110W Powered Subwoofer (D10): The Duo's powered subwoofer features a front-firing 8" metalized polypropylene woofer with rubber surround inside a bass-reflex enclosure with a down-firing port. The 8" woofer is driven by a 110-watt RMS (280-watt Peak) class H discrete MOSFET amplifier; developed in partnership with NAD Electronics.
- Controls: The powered sub provides audiophile-grade fine control over volume, crossover (60-160Hz), and phase (0°/180°) settings; allowing precision balancing of your music experience, no matter what the shape or size of your room.
- Inputs: The powered subwoofer is fitted with high-level (speaker) and low-level (RCA) inputs. The high-level speaker terminals are binding posts that will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and banana plugs (single/dual). The low-level inputs consist of stereo RCA jacks to connect the subwoofer or LFE output of your amplifier or receiver.
- Auto On/Off: The powered sub has a 3-way power switch on the rear panel. You can select Auto, which turns the unit on automatically when an input signal is received and off after the signal stops. You can also select On, which keeps the unit on; and Standby, which turns the unit off.
Note: If you are connecting the Bluesound PowerNode direct digital amplifier (sold separately), use the Right low-level (RCA) input on the powered sub and set the crossover dial to half-way and the phase switch to 0°. Then configure the Power Node for the Duo Sub/Sat System through the Bluesound app on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device.
Mounting/Placement Options: Each satellite loudspeaker comes with four self-adhesive rubber feet to safely and securely place the speakers on floor-stands or other AV furniture. The rubber feet add 0.4375" to the height of the speaker. Each satellite speaker also features a rear-panel 1/4"-20 threaded insert to wall-mount the speakers using optional articulating brackets (sold separately). You may place the powered subwoofer anywhere in your room, but it will perform best when it's on the same side of the room as the satellite speakers. Also, placing the subwoofer near a wall or in a corner will increase its loudness.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
by Video Team
Bluesound marks a collaboration between NAD and PSB to bring Hi-Fi into the wireless age. You can stream your hi-res digital music files over your home network.
Why did you buy this?
researched for weeks and it looked like this would blow away Sonos on sound quality and it does indeed - there really is no comparison!! [ BRYAN G Dec 18, 2015 ]
Frequently Compared With
2.1-channel speaker system
Monitor Audio Radius 225
Slimline, multi-purpose home theater speaker with wall bracket
Revel Concerta2 M16
Dynaudio Excite X14