Peachtree Audio Nova300 XL
Stereo integrated amplifier with built-in DAC, optional Bluetooth® (Piano Black)
Our take on the Peachtree Audio Nova300 XL by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Powerful sound for music lovers
We tend to use Peachtree amps as a go-to power source when demonstrating speakers here at Crutchfield HQ, so we're happy to meet the Peachtree nova300 XL. With an impressive 300 watts per channel, it can drive our most demanding pair of speakers and serve up clear, dynamic sound. This elegant integrated amplifier can accommodate nearly any audio source you can think of, from a turntable to an iPhone®. It even has a discrete amplifier for headphone listening.
Designed by a team of world-class engineers and manufactured right here in North America, this stylish integrated amplifier continues Peachtree's tradition of making products that sound every bit as good as they look.
Ready for high-resolution audio
The nova300 XL features an ES9018K2M Sabre32 Reference digital-to-analog converter that delivers precisely detailed sound with a wide range of digital audio formats, all the way up to 32-bit/384kHz PCM and 5.6MHz DSD.
It also uses an ICEpower® amplifier for lower distortion, less noise, and a simplified overall design. It's powerful, musical and dynamic, and it can drive just about any set of speakers, since it can handle impedances down to 2.5 ohms.
All music sources are welcome
For digital music sources, this amp offers an asynchronous USB Type-B input for a computer, along with a coaxial input and two optical inputs that accommodate signals up to 24-bit/192kHz. Use the cable that came with your iPhone or iPad® to connect your device to the USB Type-A port, and listen to your music and apps with the nova's superior processing and sound quality. You get analog connections for old-school music sources, too. For vinyl lovers, there's a built-in moving magnet (MM) phono preamp stage for a direct turntable connection.
The nova300 XL features Peachtree's popular Home Theater Bypass (HTB) feature for easy integration with a multichannel preamp/processor or A/V receiver. With HTB, the nova's power amplifier drives the front left and right speakers of your home theater. This frees up your receiver to drive the center and surround speakers more efficiently while improving sound quality for your front speakers. The Volume Control Bypass feature puts the Nova300 into "power amp" mode, letting you control volume from a knob or slider on your favorite device or app.
It's also a headphone amp
The nova300 XL has a discrete, low-impedance headphone amplifier that brings brilliant sound to just about any headphones out there. The speakers and preamp outputs are automatically muted when you plug your headphones in, and the volume knob becomes a headphone volume controller. The system reverts back to an integrated amplifier as soon as you unplug your headphones.
- 300 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at less than 1% THD
- 450 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at less than 1% THD
- 2.5-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- ESS Sabre ES9018K2M Reference DAC for high dynamic range, low noise, and jitter elimination
- latest-generation ICEpower® Class D solid state power amp
- USB (Type B) port supports PCM digital audio sources up to 32-bit/384 kHz resolution, plus Direct Stream Digital (DSD) files up to 5.6 MHz resolution
- USB (Type A) port for direct digital audio from Apple® Lightning® devices
- asynchronous USB technology with advanced noise isolation for reduced timing jitter and better sound on USB input
- built-in high-performance headphone amplifier drives demanding headphones with ease
- home theater bypass for easy integration with a multi-channel preamp/processor or A/V receiver
- high-gloss wood cabinet for a cool retro look
- wireless remote
- add Bluetooth® with the optional BT1 adapter (not included)
- rear-panel USB (Type B) port for connection to a computer
- rear-panel USB (Type A) port for connecting USB memory devices and iPod/iPhone
- digital audio inputs: 2 Toslink optical, 1 coaxial
- 2 stereo RCA analog inputs
- switchable phono preamp for use with a turntable
- full-size 1/4" headphone jack (compatible with headphones up to 600 ohms impedance)
- remote (IR), and 12 volt-trigger connections for use with external controllers
- detachable power cord
- 19"W x 10"H x 17"D
- weight: 19 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee