Salamander Designs SD/LS2/W Lighting System II
Ambient lighting for entertainment furniture
Our take on the Salamander Designs SD/LS2/W Lighting System II by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Ambient lighting you can control
Enhance your home audio/video system with ambient lighting. The Salamander Designs SD/LS2/W Lighting System II features two 15” light bars you can control with an included remote. You can adjust the color temperature from cool to warm white light. The lights can be fully dimmed, and come with three memory settings.
Expand the system with up to six light bars total. Installation is simple — just screw the light brackets into your Audio/video rack or cabinet. They grip the light bars tightly for under-cabinet mounting. The lighting system is great for use with Salamander Designs furniture but can be used with just about any shelving system.
- ambient lighting for entertainment furniture
- two 15" light bars
- remote control
- on/off control
- adjust color temperature
- dimmer control
- breath and sleep modes
- 3 memory settings
- power hub
- can be used with up to 6 light bars (additional bars available separately from the manufacturer)
- AC power adapter
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Two 15" light bars w/attached 62" cord terminated in type-A USB plug
- Control hub
- Wireless IR remote control (installed CR2025 battery)
- IR Sensor w/attached 40" cable and 3.5mm plug
- Power supply w/attached 59" cable (12 VDC / 1A output)
- 4 Outlet adapters (US pre-installed on power supply / UK / EU / AUS)
- 4 Light bar clips
- One 3" strip of 3M adhesive
- Eight 1" strips of 3M adhesive
- Ten 10 mm screws
- User manual
Overview: The Salamander SD/LS2/W LED lighting system helps you create the perfect ambiance for your home entertainment experience. This expandable modular lighting system is perfect for backlighting TVs or for highlighting in-cabinet, under-cabinet, and shelf spaces.
LED System: The SD/LS2/W lighting system included two 15" LED light bars, housed in durable ABS tubing, that plug into and get powered by the included control hub. The control hub features 2 connection ports for the light bars as well as an additional 4 expansion ports for adding optional expansion light bars (sold separately). Each light bar uses a "USB style" connector to plug into the hub (type-A, 2.0).
Wireless IR Remote Control: Control of the SD/LS2/W is done with the included IR wireless remote control and IR sensor that plugs into the control hub and gets mounted for line-of-sight control of the lights. The remote includes the following functions:
- Sleep Timer: Allows the system to turn off automatically. Adjusts in 30 minute increments with up to 6 hours before shut down.
- Breath: This setting slowly fades the lighting in and out.
- Brightness: + / - Buttons allow the Brightness to be changed with 20 levels available.
- Fire and Ice: These two buttons adjust the White Color Temperature from cool white to warm white (6500K - 3000K).
- Memory: Settings can be saved to one of 3 Memory settings. Memory can be restored to factory default.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.