ELAC Debut 2.0 F5.2
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the ELAC Debut 2.0 F5.2 by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
A slender tower with huge sound
ELAC's original Debut F5 floor-standing speaker was a huge hit with our customers. The newly designed Debut 2.0 F5.2 offers the same high level of performance in a taller, slimmer cabinet. It also sports an improved 1" silk dome tweeter for extended high-frequency response, and a trio of updated 5-1/4" aramid-fiber woofers for smooth mids and punchy bass.
"Very loud and clear""For the money you can't beat this tower speaker. The lows are very awesome and the mids come through great. The tweeter handles the clear, loud highs very well.”
— Douglas, a happy Crutchfield customer from Cleveland, Tennessee
Custom-built for excellent sound
Fans of ELAC know that renowned speaker designer Andrew Jones has been at the helm of the Debut series since the beginning. Jones himself designs the magnets, woofers, crossovers, and enclosures for each Debut speaker, which allows for high-quality components without the added cost of outsourcing parts and supplies.
A high-quality crossover directs traffic
One of the F5.2's performance secrets is its custom-designed multi-element crossover. Jones uses this important component to ensure smooth frequency distribution between each of the drivers. The result is full, natural sound from a floor-stander that won't wreak havoc on your budget. Use a pair of the F5.2s as part of a great-sounding stereo or Debut 2.0 Series home theater system.
- 3-way design
- 1" silk dome tweeter with wide-dispersion waveguide for smooth, accurate highs and extended high-frequency response
- 5-1/4" aramid-fiber dedicated midrange driver with oversized magnet and vented pole piece
- dual 5-1/4" aramid-fiber woofers for punchy bass
- frequency response: 42-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: up to 140 watts
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet with rear-firing ports
- custom multi-element crossovers with high-grade components to ensure smooth transition between drivers
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- thick MDF cabinet walls with black ash vinyl finish
- cabinet walls are internally braced for reduced resonance and improved stability
- 7-7/16"W x 41-1/16"H x 10-1/4"D
- weight: 34.4 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Spikes (hex-nuts attached)
- Operating Instructions
I have owned a lot of speakers thru the years. I will say for the money you cant beat these floor tower speakers. The lows are very awesome and the mids come thru great. The tweeter handles the clear loud highs very well.
DOUGLAS, Cleveland, TN
ELAC Debut 2.0 F5.2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||5.25|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Woofer Composition||Woven Aramid-Fiber|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Frequency Response||42-35k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Three-Way Driver Design: The Elac Debut 2.0 series DF52 floorstanding loudspeaker features a three-way driver design with a 1" tweeter, one 5.25" midrange drive, two 5.25" bass woofers, and a 90Hz/2200Hz crossover network. The tweeter, midrange driver, and woofers have been custom designed by Andrew Jones to deliver an exceptional audio experience that can't be delivered with typical off-the-shelf parts.
- Cloth Dome Tweeter w/ Wave Guide: The 1" silk soft-dome tweeter features a wide-roll surround that improves power handling and a waveguide that improves directivity control by eliminating cabinet diffraction inherent in traditional box enclosures. The 1" silk soft-dome tweeter candle handle high frequencies up to 35,000 Hz.
- Woven-Aramid Fiber Woofers: The floorstanding speaker features three 5.25" woven aramid-fiber cone woofers (1 midrange driver/2 bass woofers) with rubber surround, oversized magnet, and vented pole piece. The revised shape of the aramid cone offers even greater stiffness and damping; far superior to polypropylene or paper. The added strength allows more flexibility in design to achieve a smoother, extended low-frequency response.
- Custom Crossover: A custom nine-element crossover (90Hz/2200Hz) with audio-grade components is implemented to ensure smooth transition between the tweeter, midrange driver, and bass woofers.
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet: The Elac Debut 2.0 series DF52 floorstanding loudspeaker uses a bass reflex cabinet with three rear-firing flared ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The cabinet is made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) to strengthen and stiffen the cabinet, helping minimize unwanted vibrations that can discolor music or movie content. The MDF outer walls of the cabinet are covered with a black ash wood-grain vinyl finish. A detachable cloth grille is included.
5-Way Binding Posts: The Elac Debut 2.0 series DF52 floorstanding loudspeaker is fitted with a set of 5-way binding-post terminals which will accept bare-wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Spike Feet: The Elac Debut 2.0 series DF52 floorstanding loudspeaker features an integrated plinth (base) and comes with 4 spike feet. The spikes screw into the the speaker cabinet's integrated plinth (base). The spike feet work great on carpeted flooring. You should place protective discs (not included) under the spikes, if you are placing the speaker on hardwood or tile flooring (no rubber feet are included).
- Dimensions with Spike Feet: 7.4375" (w) x 41.0625" (h) x 10.25" (d)
- Dimensions without Spike Feet: 7.4375" (w) x 40.1875" (h) x 10.25" (d)
Note: There is a pre-installed safety clip on the back of the speaker cabinet for securing the floorstanding speaker to a wall to prevent tip-over. Wall-mount hook, screws, and cord are all sold separately and can be found at your local hardware store.
Applications: The Elac Debut 2.0 series DF52 floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a 2ch stereo application, or used as your front speakers and/or rear surround speakers in a multichannel home theater application.
- 2Ch Stereo or Front Speaker Placement: For optimum stereo imaging, place the speakers so that an equilateral triangle is created between the speakers your main listening position. You can also angle ("toe in") the speakers towards the listening position to gain a more focused central image.
- Rear Surround Placement: In a 5.1channel surround setup, avoid placing the speakers forward of your listening position. The speakers should be spread apart wider than the front speakers.
Note: In either application, the speaker should be placed 1' to 2' away from boundaries such as wall and corners. Close proximity to a side or rear wall will enhance bass performance, but being too close may result in bass that is unnatural.
Elac Debut 2.0 Series: The Elac Debut 2.0 series family of loudspeakers consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (DF52/DF62), two bookshelf loudspeakers (DB52/DB62), two center-channel loudspeakers (DC52/DC62), a Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker (DA42), and two powered subs (S10EQ/S12EQ).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Sound & Vision review [ John May 03, 2018 ]
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
Frequently Compared With
ELAC Debut 2.0 F5.2
Polk Audio RTi A7
ELAC Debut 2.0 F6.2
ELAC Uni-Fi UF5