NAD MDC HDM-2
Add-on HDMI module for select NAD stereo components
Our take on the NAD MDC HDM-2 by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
High-performance two-channel home theater
NAD ingeniously designed their components to accommodate user-installed circuit boards, so you can keep up with changing technology or add capabilities to your existing NAD components. The MDC HDM-2 lets you add HDMI switching and audio capability to five of NAD's most popular stereo amplifiers with MDC (Modular Design Construction).
This add-on module uses the two-channel linear PCM soundtrack encoded on Blu-rays and DVDs for high-resolution two-channel home theater sound. Full support for 4K pass-through to a compatible TV, along with ARC and CEC, provide seamless integration with existing components and remote controls.
- add-on module for select NAD stereo components
- HDMI audio/video switching: 3 in, 1 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10
- supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and CEC (Consumer Electronic Control) for easy integration with existing components and remote controls
- PCM resolution: up to 24-bit/192kHz
- supports 2-channel audio only; does not decode surround sound
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- HDMI upgrade module
- 2 Screws
Love this. Was looking for a way to get my projector, Apple TV, Roku and more hooked up to my NAD C368.
Jonas, Jackson Heights, NY
NAD MDC HDM-2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
MDC (Modular Design Construction): With NAD's innovative Modular Design Construction, adding thelatest cutting-edge technology can be as simple as slipping in a new hardware module into your stereo amplifier. The MDC HDM-2 is the latest MDC module from NAD and adds HDMI switching and audio capability to five of their most popular stereo amplifiers. Based on the latest 6GHz HDMI chip, the MDC HDM-2 includes full support for UHD (4K) video pass through to a video monitor.
Compatibility: NAD's DD HDMI-1 module is compatible with select NAD C series digital integrated amplifiers and Masters series digital preamplifiers.
HDMI Module (HDM-2): The NAD HDM-2 is a HDMI upgrade module for select NAD digital integrated amplifiers and Masters series direct digital stereo preamplifiers. The HDM-2 offers three HDMI inputs and one output with video pass-through.
- 24-Bit/192kHz 2Ch PCM: The MDC HDM-2 uses the mandatory two-channel linear PCM soundtrack (up to 24-bit/192kHz) from Blu-ray or DVD to make a compelling two-channel high definition theatre presentation. There is no surround sound decoding.
- UHD 4K/HDR Compatible: The NAD MDC HDM-2 supports up to HD 4K video resolution with 4:4:4@60 Hz. The MDC HDMI-2 also supports HDR10 for High Dynamic Range video. In addition, it is HDCP 2.2 compliant.
- CEC & ARC Support: The NAD MDC HDM-2 supports Consumer Electronic Control (CEC) and Audio Return Channel (ARC) via HDMI connectivity.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Upgrade to HDM-1 for NAD M12 [ Wayne Jun 21, 2018 ]
Making my stereo integrated into a mini-AVR, the perfect device for my setup. [ Gregory Apr 30, 2018 ]