About the Bose® Smart Soundbar 600
Another knockout bar from Bose
The slim Bose Smart Soundbar 600 offers detailed, powerful sound for movies and music.
Another knockout bar from Bose
Bose is at it again with their sharp-looking Smart Soundbar 600. This powerful new Atmos bar has all the helpful features that made its predecessors a hit with our customers, like built-in voice control and robust music streaming options. The 600 brings your favorite movies and games to life with immersive Dolby Atmos sound. And Bose's TrueSpace™ technology upmixes traditional soundtracks and stereo audio to create an Atmos-like experience, no matter what you're watching.
Cinematic, articulate sound
The Smart Soundbar 600 has five built-in speakers, expertly arranged to aim discrete sounds towards different parts of your room. A pair of side-firing drivers widen and deepen the soundstage, while up-firing drivers deliver immersive overhead effects. This means you can hear a plane soar above you, or track cars as they whiz from one side of the room to another. And a dedicated center channel helps keep dialogue clear and intelligible.
Improved voice control
Amazon Alexa is built-in, making it easy to control the Soundbar 600 and other connected smart devices in your home. The sound bar's mic rejects noise, allowing it to pick up commands in loud environments — even while the bar is playing full blast!
With Voice4Video™ your voice becomes the ultimate remote. The sound bar allows Alexa to control your TV (or cable/satellite box) and can combine several steps into a single command. Leave your remote on the table and use your voice to skip straight to your favorite TV show in the blink of an eye. When it's Shark Week you can plop down on the couch and just say: “Alexa, watch the Discovery Channel.”
Music all around your home
As part of the Bose Smart Family, the sound bar can be grouped with other compatible Bose Smart speakers throughout your home. This lets you wirelessly stream music wherever you want it. Whether you need something to jam to while you cook dinner or a little background music while you play a board game in the living room, Bose has you covered.
A la carte sound
The Smart Soundbar 600 has several options to further enhance your surround system. If you're looking to bring some low-end rumble, you can add Bose's wireless Bass Module 500 or Bass Module 700. With their compact wireless Surround Speakers or Surround Speakers 700, you can envelop yourself in wraparound sound effects. If you want more of everything, add both a sub and surrounds for a rich, full surround sound experience.
Bose's SimpleSync™ feature lets you pair the sound bar directly with compatible Soundlink Bluetooth speakers or the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. Connecting the headphones is a lifesaver if you're watching TV late at night and have kids with school in morning.
- sleek design allows the sound bar to fit under most TVs
- slim sound bar delivers accurate, spacious sound with support for Dolby Atmos
- TrueSpace™ technology analyzes and upmixes conventional surround soundtracks and stereo audio for an Atmos-like experience no matter what you're watching
- five built-in speakers precisely separate and aim sounds for detailed, immersive sound
- two side-firing drivers for a wide, deep soundstage
- center channel driver ensures dialogue is projected clearly
- two up-firing drivers for realistic overhead effects
- connects wirelessly with other speakers in the Bose Smart Family to play music throughout your house
- built-in voice control with Amazon Alexa
- control compatible music streaming and smart home services with your voice
- noise rejecting mic system picks up voice commands even if the sound bar is playing loudly
- Voice4Video™ technology expands Alexa, combining commands and allowing you to control your TV and cable/satellite box with just your voice
- connect via Bluetooth to stream music audio from compatible smartphones or tablets
- Apple AirPlay 2 for playing content from Apple mobile devices and computers
- Chromecast built-in lets you stream from the cloud with compatible mobile apps
- Spotify® Connect lets you easily play music using your Spotify subscription
- add the optional wireless Bose Bass Module 500 or Bass Module 700 for deep, balanced bass (sold separately)
- 3.5mm subwoofer output for optional wired connection to Bose Bass Modules only
- optional Surround Speakers or Surround Speakers 700 for true wraparound effects (sold separately)
Bose Music app features:
- set up your sound bar and control it from a mobile device
- connects to your home Wi-Fi network
- customize presets and playlists, browse music services, create unique profiles for multiple users, and adjust the sound bar's settings
- stream from a variety of services, including Spotify, Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn, Deezer, iHeartRadio, and SiriusXM (subscriptions required for some services)
- Bose SimpleSync™ lets you pair to other compatible Bose products
- 1 HDMI port
- eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) to connect to your compatible TV with a single cable
- supports Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby TrueHD
- optical digital audio input
- 3.5mm IR blaster input
- includes remote control
- wall-mountable (bracket sold separately)
- 27-3/8"W x 2-1/8"H x 4-9/16"D
- weight: 6.9 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # 873973-1100
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (pre-installed CR2032 battery)
- 58" HDMI cable
- 5' Optical digital cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Customer reviews for Bose® Smart Soundbar 600
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® Smart Soundbar 600
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||3.0.2|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||Yes|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Subwoofer Output||3.5mm (Proprietary)|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||Not given|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N/A|
|HDR Video Compatible||N/A|
|Voice Control||Alexa & Google Assistant built-in|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||No|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 4.2|
|Bluetooth Audio Playback||Yes|
|Bluetooth Transmitter Mode||Yes|
|Online Music Sources||via Bose Music App|
|Apple AirPlay||AirPlay 2|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11ac|
|Bands||2.4, 5.0 GHz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Optional|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-1/8H x 27-3/8W x 4-9/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||6.9 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||No Subwoofer|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Immersive Bose Surround Sound: The Bose Smart Soundbar 600 supports Dolby Atmos for high-quality 3D (three-dimensional) audio with sound from all directions that surrounds you. A 5-speaker arrangement is precisely positioned in the soundbar for discrete front, center, and height channels; along with matrixed surround channels. The center channel consists of a singular dome tweeter for crips, clear dialog. There are two oval side-firing drivers (one on each side of speaker cabinet) that deliver a broad stereo sound stage for the front channels, as well as matrixed surround that spreads out into the room. The two up-firing drivers reflect sound off the ceiling in order to produce realistic overhead effects from Dolby Atmos movies. The Soundbar 600 utilizes unique Bose Technologies to achieve immersive surround sound.
- PhaseGuide Technology: Proprietary PhaseGuide technology works with the soundbar's tiny transducers to direct beams of multi-directional sound, delivering an unprecedented level of spaciousness.
- QuietPort Technology: QuietPort technology is integrated into the soundbar with recessed ports that use a piece of resistant screen to reduce turbulent noise while getting more sound through a smaller opening, resulting in virtually distortion-free bass from a slim profile speaker.
- TrueSpace Technology: When there's no Dolby Atmos content, like stereo PCM or 5.1 Dolby Digital, Bose TrueSpace technology takes over for the vertical experience, remixing signals to add "height" and overhead effects without adding a ceiling speaker, creating the same immersive sound experience.
- To deliver the Dolby Atmos surround sound experience, you must connect the Soundbar 600 to your TV via HDMI eARC. If your TV doesn't have an HDMI eARC port, you can connect it via HDMI ARC or the optical digital to receive Dolby Digital surround sound.
- The Bose Soundbar 600 does not support DTS or DTS:X.
Optional Wireless Surround: The Bose Smart Soundbar 600 supports wireless rear speakers and a wireless bass module from Bose (both sold separately) to create an even more immerssive and impactful home theater experience.
- Bass Module: The Bose Bass Module 700 or Bass Module 500 (both sold separately) adds deep, thunderous bass to the Bose Soundbar 600. It connects wirelessly to the soundbar speaker and has a wireless range of approximately 30'. Its compact, cube design fits well in any room. The Base Module 700 or 500 can be placed almost anywhere in your room, but placing it on the same wall as the soundbar will provide the best performance. If you desire even more bass, you can wirelessly connect two Bose Bass Module 700s or 500s to the Bose Smart Soundbar 600. The wireless sub will require AC power. There is also a mono-minijack output on the back of the Bose Soundbar 600, if you prefer to make a hardwired connection to the Bose Bass Module 700 or 500 (this mono-minijack output is proprietary and cannot be used with other brands and models of subwoofers).
- Surround Speakers: For a fully immersive sound experience, add the Bose Surround Speakers or the Bose 700 Surround Speakers (both sold separately) to the Bose Soundbar 600. With a wireless range of about 30' and standing less than 4" high, these wireless surround speakers blend nicely into your room. The speakers should be placed behind the main listening area, one on the left side and one on the right of the room, for optimum sound quality. Both speakers will require AC power.
HDMI eARC Jack: The Bose Smart Soundbar 600 is equipped with a single HDMI eARC (enhanced audio return channel) jack to connect the soundbar to your TV's HDMI eARC input. The HDMI eARC jack allows audio from your TV to be sent through the soundbar speaker. The unit supports Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital, and 2ch PCM via HDMI eARC. If your TV only has a HDMI ARC (audio return channel) input then the soundbar will be limited to Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM
- Some televisions will only pass 2ch PCM through the eARC/ARC-enabled HDMI input from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, and will only pass Dolby Atmos/Dolby Digital via the TV's built-in tuner, network apps, or USB.
- The Bose Soundbar 600 does not support DTS or DTS:X.
Optical Digital Input: If your TV is not equipped with an HDMI ARC jack, the Bose Soundbar 600 also features an optical (toslink) digital input that supports 2ch PCM and 5.1ch Dolby Digital.
- The digital optical output of many flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
- The optical digital input does not support Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, or DTS. This soundbar does not offer analog audio inputs.
Built-in Bluetooth 4.2: The Bose Smart Soundbar 600 offers built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio playback (A2DP) and control (AVRCP), plus the option to stream the same audio from the Bose Soundbar 600 to a single Bluetooth-enabled Bose noise canceling headphone or Bose SoundLink speaker via SimpleSync technology and the Bose Music App.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: With built-in Bluetooth, the Bose Smart Soundbar 600 can wirelessly play back stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. You can pair eight Bluetooth source devices to the speaker, but only one can be actively connected and used for playback at a time. The included IR remote can be used to control basic playback (such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next track); Alexa or Google cannot be used to control Bluetooth audio sources. The speaker has a Bluetooth wireless range of approximately 30'.
- Bose SimpleSync: Bose SimpleSync allows you to pair a member of the Bose Home Speaker family (such as the Soundbar 600) with a single Bose SoundLink portable Bluetooth speaker or a Bose noise canceling headphone (all sold separately - see Accessories Tab) for playback of the same audio signal. Use the Bose Music app on your Apple iOS or Android device to setup and enable SimpleSync. SimpleSync then provides a one-to-one connection for a maximum of two Bose products (the Soundbar 600 and a SoundLink speaker or noise canceling headphone). The two products must remain within typical Bluetooth wireless range (30') of each other to stay connected. You'll be able to listen to the same audio signal from the Soundbar 600 on a connected Bose SoundLink speaker or noise canceling headphone (you cannot listen to different sources). You can choose to listen on both the soundbar speaker and the SoundLink speaker or noise canceling headphone at the same time with independent volume control; or just one speaker or the headphone.
- Bluetooth audio streaming can be done without utilizing WiFi, the Bose Music app, Google Assistant, or Alexa. However, the Bose Music app is required for Bose SimpleSync.
- You cannot wirelessly stream Bluetooth audio to the Bose Soundbar and use SimpleSync at the same time. You can only sync audio from the Bose Soundbar to a single speaker or headphone; not from the headphone or speaker to the Bose Soundbar.
- The Bose Smart Soundbar 600 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making or answering phone calls.
Placement Options: The Bose Smart Soundbar 600 uses the reflective surfaces of the room to deliver a spacious home theater experience. To ensure optimal audio performance, the soundbar should be placed equidistant from each side wall and directly in the "front-center" of the TV. No objects should be placed in front of the soundbar, nor should it be placed recessed inside a cabinet, as this would result in a limited sound stage and block the up-firing height drivers. Also, nothing should be placed directly on either side of the Bose Soundbar 600 since there are side-firing transducers located on either side.
Optional Wall Bracket: The Bose Soundbar Wall Bracket (sold separately) has been designed specifically for the Bose Soundbar 600 and hangs the soundbar speaker horizontally above or below your flat-panel TV. A cable cover is included to help hide the HDMI and/or optical cable that is run from your TV to the Bose Soundbar 600 speaker. The Bose Soundbar Wall Bracket features high-quality steel construction and is available in a black or white finish.
AC Power: The Bose Smart Soundbar 600 operates off of standard household current using the supplied 5' detachable AC power cord.
Wireless Network Connection: The Bose Smart Soundbar 600 offers a wireless (WiFi) connection to your home network. The Bose Soundbar 600 is equipped with built-in, dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11ac). The soundbar's network connection can be setup initially from the Bose Music app (for Apple iOS 14.1+ and Android OS 7.0+) on your compatible mobile device.
Note: The Soundbar 600 does not offer a wired Ethernet (RJ45) network connection.
Multiroom Audio: The Bose Smart Soundbar 600 is part of a new family of Smart Home speakers and soundbars from Bose that can be used to create a wireless multiroom audio system over your home's WiFi network. You can start with one Bose Soundbar 600 and more Bose Smart Home Speakers to create a wireless multiroom audio system in your home.
- Number of Audio Zones: You can create up to 4 audio zones. Each zone can be set to play the same audio source or set to play a different audio sources. You can also group different zones together.
- Compatible Multiroom Audio Sources: Internet radio, select online music services, and Bluetooth audio can be listened to on a single speaker or multiple speakers.
- Incompatible Multiroom Audio Sources: HDMI and the optical digital input do not support multiroom audio.
Note: The family of Bose Smart Home speakers and soundbars is not compatible with the family of Bose SoundTouch products.
Online Music Services: The Bose Smart Soundbar 600 can play music directly from select streaming music services over WiFi through the Bose Music app (for Apple iOS 14.1+ and Android OS 7.0+). These music services can be controlled from the Bose Music App on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device, as well as Alexa or Google Assistant using the soundbar's built-in mics. Basic playback functions such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track can be done from the included IR remote.
- TuneIn: TuneIn includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- Pandora: Pandora is personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can even bookmark stations and easily switch between favorites.
- Spotify Connect: Spotify Connect enables Spotify users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the speaker from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android). Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world. Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more. Subscription fees will apply.
- iHeart Radio: iHeart Radio: is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- Amazon Music: Listen to over a million songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Music. Requires an Amazon Prime membership (currently $10.99 per month or $99 per year). You can also upload your personal music collection from iTunes or Google Play Music to your music library on Amazon and then stream your music to the Bose Smart Home speaker.
- Deezer: Deezer is an online music service offering over 43 million tracks starting at $9.99 a month. Discover the perfect playlist or make your own, as well as browse curated collections by genre.
AirPlay 2: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the Bose Smart Home speaker system and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You will also be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on the Bose Soundbar 600. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the Bose Smart Home speaker system.
Note: AirPlay 2 does not support multiroom audio distribution via Bose Smart Home. Multiroom audio distribution can only be done with other AirPlay 2 compatible devices (sold separately).
Chromecast Built-In: Chromecast Built-in lets you cast many of your favorite music apps (including internet radio, online music services, and podcasts) from your Apple iOS or Android device to the Bose Soundbar 600. Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device to start streaming to the Soundbar 600. While you are casting, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room - all without interrupting what's playing through the soundbar speaker system. You'll need to download the Google Home app (for Apple iOS 14.0+ and Android OS 8.0+) in order to setup Chromecast built-in.
- Music & Radio: Chromecast built-in streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the 24-bit/96kHz sound quality and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. Chromecast built-in supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files. Play music from popular music services and search by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, YouTube Music, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply). You'll also be able to stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android OS device to the Bose Soundbar 600. You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device using Chromecast built-in. If you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome web browser to the speaker. For a list of all compatible Chromecast Built-in apps click here.
- Multiroom Audio: By adding multiple Chromecast built-in speakers in your home, you can create a whole house audio experience. You can play the same Chromecast built-in compatible music app (like Tidal, Spotify, or Pandora) on all speakers or groups of speakers in different rooms of your home. You'll be able control the multiroom audio system from the Google Home app on your compatible mobile device or using your voice and the built-in Google Assistant.
- Voice Control: With the Soundbar 600's built-in mics, you can use your voice and the Google Assistant to control playback of compatible Chromecast built-in music apps. With a simple voice command, you can play music from Chromecast compatible music services by artist, song, genre, album, playlist, mood or activity. You can also turn up the volume, skip to the next track, or stop the music.
Notes: Chromecast built-in does not support multiroom audio distribution via Bose Smart Home. Multiroom audio distribution can only be done with other Chromecast built-in compatible devices (sold separately).
Advanced Control Options
Voice Control with Noise-Rejecting Mics: The integration of Alexa & Google Assistant with the Bose family of Smart Speakers will support the vast majority of Alexa & Google Assistant functionality; including music playback, control of smart home devices, setting timers and alarms, and general information requests. An array of noise-rejecting mics on the soundbar is precisely positioned for accurate near-field and far-field voice pickup. You can rest assured that the Bose Soundbar 600 will hear you even when there is a lot of noise in the background, your music is playing loud, or you are across the room.
- Music Control: Currently you can ask Alexa or Google to play music from Pandora, iHeartRadio, Deezer and TuneIn on a specific speaker, a group of speakers, or all speakers. Alexa voice control is also supported by Amazon Music and SiriusXM. Once your music is playing, you can also ask Alexa or Google "what is playing", "turn volume up or down", "skip to the next track", "go to the previous track", or "stop music".
- Smart Home Skills: Various Alexa & Google smart home device skills work through the Bose Smart Soundbar 600, its built-in microphones and the integration of Alexa or Google Assistant. For example, you can ask Alexa or Google- "set my smart thermostat to 72 degrees" or "turn off the lights".
- News & Information: Use the Bose smart speaker to ask Alexa or Google about world & local news, traffic, weather, sports, and other topics or events.
- Alarms & Timers: You can use Alexa or Google to set timers and alarms. Timers & alarms are only done through Alexa or Google and corresponding app, not through the Bose Music app or controls on the Bose Soundbar 600.
- To setup and enable voice control, you'll need to download either the Alexa app (for Apple iOS 14.0+ or Android OS 8.0+) or Google Home app (for Apple iOS 14.0+ and Android OS 8.0+) onto your compatible smartphone or tablet device.
- You can only use one digital assistant; you must choose between Alexa or Google (you cannot use both). There are certain Alexa & Google skills that the Bose Soundbar 600 does not support. Alexa & Google Assistant is not available in all languages and countries.
- The use of a virtual assistant is optional; you can initiate music from the Bose Music app and other sources without using Alexa or Google. The option to enable Alexa or Google can be declined in setup and revisited at any time. You can also remove Alexa or Google from the speaker at any time via the settings menu of the Bose Music app. And when Alexa or Google is installed, the microphones may be turned off at any time with the microphone off button on the speaker.
- The microphones on the Bose Soundbar 600 may be turned off with a single tap of the microphone off button on the top of the speaker. This button completely cuts power to the microphones so Alexa or Goggle will not hear any commands. For security reasons, it is not possible to use a voice command or the Bose Music app to turn the microphones on or off; only a physical button press can control the microphones. When the microphones are off, this button will always be backlit with a red LED light.
Alexa Skills: In addition to the shared Bose Home skills listed above for Alexa & Google Assistant, the Bose Smart Soundbar 600 offers support for unique Amazon Alexa skills that can be used to control your HDMI-connected TV and make phone call using only your voice.
- Bose Voice4Video Technology: Bose Voice4Video technology gives you more control of the soundbar using the built-in mic, Amazon Alexa, and your voice. In addition to controlling the soundbar speaker, you can control your TV and cable or satellite box with just your voice. With one simple ask of Alexa, you can turn on soundbar and your TV, tune to a station by network name or channel number, and start watching your favorite shows instantly.
- Calling & Messaging: Let Alexa turn the Soundbar 600 into an intercom to open up instant 2-way conversations between rooms or homes, or send one-way announcements from any room. Use Alexa and the Soundbar 600 to call or message almost anyone for free. Both parties must have an Alexa-enabled device, as well as Alexa Calling/ Messaging feature available and enabled, and given permission to the other party in the Alexa app.
- These specific Amazon Alexa skills require a wireless WiFi network connection and setup of the Alexa app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device.
- These features are not compatible with Google Assistant.
Bose Music App:The Bose Music app (for Apple iOS 14.1+ and Android OS 7.0+) lets you set up and control compatible Bose smart speakers and soundbars from your Apple iOS or Android device. It works with one or many of the new Bose family of smart speakers and soundbars. Using the app, your mobile device acts as a remote for the speaker. From the app, you can stream music, set and change presets, add music services, explore internet radio stations, configure Alexa and manage speaker settings.
- Music Control: The Bose Music app lets you browse and play the music you love from Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, SiriusXM, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more from your Apple iOS or Android device. The Bose Music app also makes it easy to set your favorite playlists or stations as presets (up to 6 presets), so you can access them effortlessly.
- Multi-Room/Multi-Source:The Bose Music app lets you control one or multiple Bose Smart Speakers and Soundbars in your home. You can play the same music throughout your home or listen to different music in different areas.
- Audio Settings: The Bose Music app can be used to control volume level and adjust the speaker's Bass & Treble level.
- Multiple Users: The Bose Music app lets multiple users personalize their experience and control their content. One person can quickly access their Spotify playlist, while another easily listens to the latest podcast. Now it's simple for the whole household to enjoy their favorite music and more.
- Simple Setup: The Bose Music app also makes setup easy, walking you through each step. Simply download the Bose Music app on your device, plug in the speaker, and open the app to get started. The app will guide you through setting up your account on the speaker, adding your account information for your favorite music services, and adding Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to the product.
IR Remote: The Bose Soundbar 600 comes with a basic IR remote control for wireless operation of basic speaker functions. Basic IR controls included Power On/Off, Source Selection (TV/Bose Music Apps/Bluetooth), Volume Up/Down, Mute, Play/Pause, and Previous/Next Track. The Bose Soundbar 600 also supports HDMI-CEC and is compatible with Bose's optional universal remote.
- HDMI CEC: The soundbar is able to control HDMI-connected devices (such as your TV, Blu-ray Disc player, game console) over HDMI-CEC. HDMI-CEC allows you to turn on other devices and operate them with the soundbar remote without any programming. It also enables one-touch access to entertainment, enabling you to turn on multiple devices and select an input with one button press.
- Optional Universal Remote: Not all devices support HDMI-CEC. In particular, cable and satellite boxes may not respond to HDMI commands. You can control devices that do not respond to HDMI commands by programming the Bose Soundbar Universal Remote (sold separately).
- 3rd Party Remotes: You can also program a third-party remote, such as your cable/satellite box or TV remote, to control the soundbar. Refer to your third-party remote owner's guide or website for instructions. Not all third-party remotes are compatible with the soundbar. The remote must support IR (infrared) signals in order to control the soundbar.
Note: The 3.5mm IR input on back of the Bose Soundbar 600 allows you to connect an IR extender (sold separately) in case the soundbar's IR receiver is obstructed from view.
Network Standby: The Bose Smart Soundbar 600 transitions to Network Standby when audio has stopped and you have not pressed any buttons for 20 or more minutes. To wake the speaker from network standby, simply tap any button on the speaker, play/resume audio using your mobile device and the Bose Music app, or talk to Alexa.
Note: You can still access Alexa or Google Assistant in Network Standby as long as it is set up using the Bose Music app and the microphone is turned on.
The Bose® Smart Soundbar 600 replaces these items
- compact three-channel sound bar is expandable to full 5.1 surround sound by adding optional Bose Bass Module and Surround Speakers
- Voice4Video™ technology expands Alexa, combining commands and allowing you to control your TV and cable/satellite box with just your voice
- can wirelessly group with other speakers in the Bose Smart Family to play seamlessly throughout your house
2 questions already asked