About the Denon DP-450USB
Digitize your records while you listen
The Denon DP-450 features a USB output, so you can digitize your favorite albums as convenient, portable WAV or MP3 files. There's also a built-in phono preamp, so you can connect directly to a stereo receiver or a pair of powered stereo speakers.
The 'table's look will surely start conversations, too. It features an elegant, curved tonearm and a detachable dust cover that doubles as a handy "now playing" stand for album covers.
- S-shaped aluminum tonearm optimizes tracking
- pre-mounted Denon DSN-85 cartridge
- tonearm automatically lifts and platter stops spinning at the end of a side
- tonearm must be manually returned to rest
- built-in phono preamp
- when switch is set to ON, turntable must be connected to a standard line input (labeled AUX, CD, or TAPE)
- when switch is set to OFF, turntable must be connected to an outboard phono preamp or dedicated phono input
- USB output lets you digitize your favorite albums (MusiCut software included)
- weighted, belt-driven platter
- dual-purpose dust cover also acts as album display stand
- solid base construction reduces unwanted vibrations
- three speeds: 33-1/3 rpm, 45 rpm, and 78 rpm
- signal to noise ratio: 62 dB
- 16-1/4"W x 5-1/4"H x 13-3/4"D
- weight: 12.4 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # DP450USBBKEM
What's in the box:
- Turntable w/ tonearm
- Headshell w/ cartridge
- AC power adapter (attached 59" DC cord)
- 5 AC power plugs (US/UK/EU/AU/JA)
- 45 RPM adapter
- 39" Stereo RCA cable w/ ground wire
- Dust cover
- Dust cover stand
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Customer reviews for Denon DP-450USB
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Denon DP-450USB
Features & specs
|Speeds||33-1/3, 45, 78|
|45 RPM Adapter||Yes|
|Power Cable||Detachable (12-volt DC adapter)|
|Materials and Construction|
|Tone Arm Shape||S-shaped|
|Tone Arm Material||Aluminum|
|Tone Arm Lift||Finger, Lever|
|Included Cartridge||DSN-85 stylus|
|Tracking Weight||2.0 g (19.6mN)|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||62|
|Wow and Flutter||0.1|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Turntable Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Turntable Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Cartridge Parts Warranty||N/A|
|Cartridge Labor Warranty||N/A|
USB-A Port: The DP-4500USB's integrated USB-A 2.0 port lets you digitize your vinyl collection and allows for one-touch recording of your favorite vinyl records onto a USB thumbdrive formatted in FAT16 or FAT32. Your record's analog audio is converted to a MP3 (44.1kHz / 192kbps) or WAV digital format (44.1kHz / 16-bit) and then saved to a USB memory device. This digital audio can then be played back on any device that supports MP3 or WAV playback from a USB memory device.
- A single file is created on the USB thumbdrive for a single recording operation (recording start to finish). Recording stops and the indicator turns off if the USB memory device runs out of free space during recording. Recording does not stop automatically when record playback ends. Press "REC MP3" or "REC WAV" to stop recording. The volume level on audio recorded to USB memory device cannot be adjusted. Instead, adjust the volume on the playback device before playback starts. If the USB memory device has a lock switch to prevent writing, release the lock before recording.
- The USB port is rated at 5V/1A and only supports USB thumbdrives with this rating. The USB port does not support external hard drives, USB hubs, USB card-readers, Apple iOS or Android devices, and desktop computers or laptops. Do not use any type of USB extension cable.
MusiCut for Denon Digital File Editing Software (for Windows PC): You can install the MusiCut for Denon digital file editing software on your Windows PC from Denon's website. Using MusiCut for Denon, digital files saved to a USB memory device can be split up, song information acquired, and file names edited (compatible with MP3 format only; not compatible with WAV format). Space in between songs (silence) can be searched for manually or detected automatically to split up the file. Track numbers can be assigned to each song and song information can be acquired from the Gracenote audio database. Your Windows computer will need to meet the following requirements -
- OS: Windows 8, 8.1, or 10
- HDD: HDD with 5MB or more free space
- USB: USB (type-A) 2.0 high speed port
Note: The MusiCut for Denon digital file editing software is only compatible with Windows PC and does not support Mac OS X.
Weighted, Belt-Driven Platter: The Denon DP-450USB turntable features a weighted, belt-driven platter that provides precision playback of your vinyl records that is faithful to the original recording.
- Speed Selector: The DP-450USB turntable supports playback at 33 1/3 RPM, 45 RPM and 78* RPM. It easily plays your entire vinyl collection with precision. 78 RPM records require an additional cartridge that is not included and sold separately (see Accessories Tab).
- Auto Sense: Integrated auto sensor accurately controls the platter, preventing unwanted speed fluctuations during playback so you can enjoy audio reproduction exactly as the artist intended.
* A special cartridge/stylus assembly (sold separately) is recommended for playing 78 RPM records.
Solid-Built Construction: The turntable's solid-built construction offers both the strength and high-density needed to reproduce detailed, resonance-free music. Thick cabinet walls and a weighted platter provide the optimal surface for your vinyl collection, reducing external vibration.
Specially Engineered Tone-Arm: The Denon DP-450USB turntable features a carefully engineered curved, horizontal tracking angled tone-arm with auto-lift and playback stop. When the vinyl reaches the end of playback, the tone-arm auto-lifts 10 seconds prior to the groove end, preserving the excellent condition of your album (you will still need to manually return the tonearm to its rest). The curved tone-arm design also reduces harmonic distortion, ensuring a crystal clear sonic signal every time you listen. A counterweight is included and will need to be installed on the tone-arm.
MM or MC Cartridge Compatible: The Denon DP-450USB includes an MM cartridge for more precise listening and added musical detail. If you prefer listening via an MC cartridge, you can easily swap out the existing MM cartridge to fit your audio preferences. The included MM cartridge does not come pre-installed on the tone-arm; you will need to install the MM cartridge headshell onto the tone-arm.
Note: The supplied stylus is good for approximately 400 hours of playback. Replace the stylus in a timely fashion to prevent damage to your record collection. When replacing the stylus, make sure to request the DSN-85.Anti-Skating Dial: Anti-skating adjustment is performed to counter the force which pulls the stylus tip inside due to the record rotation. Make sure that the anti-skating value is the same as the stylus pressure value. The appropriate stylus pressure for the cartridge included with this unit is 2.0 g (19.6 mN).
Built-In Phono Equalizer Preamp: This turntable has a built-in phono equalizer preamp that enables record playback when connected to receivers and integrated amps with external audio inputs, but no dedicated Phono input. The turntable's built-in phono equalizer creates an open, enveloping sound stage that brings to life your vinyl collection while staying true to the original recording.
RCA Outputs: The Denon DP-450USB turntable features a set of stereo RCA outputs to connect to your receiver or integrated amplifier using a set of stereo RCA cables. A 39" stereo RCA cable is included.
Removable Dual-Purpose Dust Cover: The included removable dust cover features a modern design, elevating the overall aesthetic of the DP-450USB turntable, while also eliminating vibration issues that affect music quality associated with attached or hinged covers. The dust cover must be removed during playback of records. Doubling as a display stand for your album cover, you can place the dust cover upright on the included base and show it of proudly to family & friends.
Note: This is not a hinged dust cover. It simply lifts on and off. The dust cover must be removed during playback of records. The dust cover can be put back on the turntable once playback has stopped and the tone-arm is back on its rest.
Auto Stop/Power Off Function: When the Automatic Stop is turned on, the tone arm automatically raises after playback ends and the turntable stops. This keeps the turntable from continuing to turn and cause stylus wear should you accidentally fall asleep while listening to a record. The power will turn off approximately 20 minutes after the turntable stops. Use the power/RPM switch knob to restart playback.
13 questions already asked