About the MB Quart MBQX-POD-1
Speakers and pods designed for your Maverick
Speakers and pods designed for your Maverick
Want better sound in your 2017-up Can-Am Maverick X3? These custom-molded speaker enclosures from MB Quart fit right into the dash and hold a pair of powerful 6-1/2" speakers. Bolt-in installation means no cutting and no hassles, and it works with your Maverick's SmartLock™ system.
Outstanding sound and all-weather reliability
Your Maverick is made to perform and so are these weather-resistant NP1-116 Nautic speakers. The 1” titanium dome tweeters create brilliant highs that you can hear over the roar of the outdoors, while the rugged poly cones handle everything else with MB Quart's usual depth and clarity. An Aramid fiber composite spider stabilizes the cone and voice coil for consistent performance. These speakers are made for outdoor use, so moisture and sunlight won't spoil your sound.
An awesome amp
MB Quart's NA2-400.2 powersports amplifier sends plenty of juice to your speakers and features on-board equalization and quick release connectors for easy installation. It uses conformal-coated PC boards that resist corrosion and features an aluminum heat sink that will stand up to life in the outdoors.
Installation Note: If your Maverick has an aftermarket roll cage, you may need to remove the speakers from the pods prior to installation, then reinstall them once the pods are in place.
- custom-fit Can-Am Maverick X3 speaker pods
- package also includes MB Quart NP1-116 speakers (pair) and NA2-400.2 amplifier
- designed for easy installation in your Maverick's dash
- black textured pod finish matches the stock interior
NP1-116 speaker specs:
- 6-1/2" speakers made for off-roading (pair)
- 1" titanium dome tweeters
- weather-resistant poly woofer
- Santoprene rubber surround
- power handling: up to 60 watts RMS (120 watts peak)
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- frequency response: 30 - 22,000 Hz
- impedance: 4 ohms
- warranty: 1 year
NA2-400.2 amplifier specs:
- 2-channel Class D amplifier for powersports and marine applications
- 100 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (200 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- low-pass crossover
- bass boost: 0-12 dB at 45 Hz
- dimensions: 3-11/16" X 5-1/2" X 1-3/4"
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # MBQX-POD-1
What's in the box:
- This package contains 2 individually boxed items:
- NA2-400.2 Amplifier:
- 2-Channel amplifier w/ attached 8" power/ground and speaker output harnesses (terminated with Molex plugs)
- 16" Power/ground harness (inline 30A ATC fuse)
- 16" Speaker output harness
- Four 18mm screws
- Quickstart guide
- Two NP1-116 6.5" coaxial speakers pre-mounted into left and right side mounting panels
Customer reviews for MB Quart MBQX-POD-1
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MB Quart MBQX-POD-1
Overview: The MB Quart Nautic MBQX-POD-1 Can-Am Maverick X3 tuned package includes two custom-fit speaker panels, pre-loaded with a pair of 6.5" NP1-116 2-way speakers, and an NA2-400.2 2 x 100W RMS (@4Ω) amplifier to power both speakers.
Compatibility: The MBQX-POD-1 audio package is designed specifically for installation in 2017-2020 Can-Am Maverick X3 vehicles.
- Note: Power/ground/remote turn-on wire, speaker wire, and RCA cables are not
included and must be purchased separately. 10 AWG power and ground wire is
- Note: An optional amp mounting plate (sold separately), that mounts the amp behind the driver's side dash, is available from MB Quart.com. If installing the amp WITHOUT the mounting plate, you will need to find a suitable place to install the amplifier on the Maverick X3.
NP1-116/Speaker Panels: The MBQX-POD-1 includes two NP1-116 6.5" two-way, all-weather speakers, pre-installed into speaker panels designed to mount into the factory front speaker locations.
- Woofer Cone: The woofer cones are made of UV protected injection molded polypropylene.
- Mounting Gasket: Polymer gaskets are used to keep the speaker isolated from the mounting surface and improve protection from water intrusion.
- Dome Tweeter: The 1" titanium dome tweeters use waterproof, coated silk surround and are bridge mounted, rather than mounted to a pole piece, thus there is no chance of water leaking through the woofer cone.
- Crossover: A 12dB/oct. Butterworth crossover offers a smooth transition from high to low frequencies with conformal coating and PTC (Positive Thermal Coefficient) tweeter protection.
- Grilles: Each driver features a pre-attached composite grille, treated to resist UV sun fade and weather.
- Marine Grade: Tested to the highest marine and powersports standards for resisting the elements, both NP1-116 drivers carry an IPX68 weatherproof rating, making them highly resistant to water, dirt, and UV rays.
- Speaker Specifications: The 4Ω speakers can handle 60 watts RMS (120 peak). They have a frequency response of 30Hz - 22kHz and a sensitivity of 92dB.
- Speaker Panels: The MBQX-POD-1 system includes two
durable, high-impact HDPE composite speaker mounting panels that are custom
designed to install the NP1-116 speakers in place of the factory front
speakers. The left speaker panel includes 3 pre-cut switch openings and is
Smart-Lok Differential compatible.
- Note: Speaker wire is not included and must be purchased separately.
NA2-400.2 Amplifier: The MBQX-POD-1 sound system includes an NA2-400.2 two-channel amplifier for driving the 6.5" speakers. The Class-D amp can output 2 x 100w RMS @4Ω or 2 x 200 RMS @2Ω and has a frequency response of 20Hz - 20kHz. The amplifier features conformal coated PC boards that resist corrosion from salt spray and moisture, and a Q-Stasis pre-amplifier stage that reduces incoming noise from a headunit, greatly improving sound quality. A dual coil Pulse-Width Modulated power supply keeps a constant steady voltage. The Class-D topology combined with aluminum heat sinks allows the amp to produce the maximum amount of power while keeping it cool. Mounting hardware is included for mounting the amp to the driver's side firewall of your compatible Can-Am X3. Amplifier front and rear panels include the following:
- Inputs: One pair of RCA jacks provides the audio input for the amp.
- Outputs: Two speaker output channels are provided on a 7" hardwired harness terminated with a 4-pin Molex connector.
- Power/Ground/Remote: A second 7" hardwired harness with Molex connector is provided for power, ground, and remote connections.
- X-Over: A 3-position slide-switch allows selection of either HP, LP, or Off. The HP and LP options include their own crossover dial with the High-pass filter allowing adjustment from 15Hz - 300Hz and the Low-pass filter adjustment ranging from 50Hz - 300Hz.
- Level: Varies the input signal level with a range of 9V - 0.2V.