About the Sanus VMPR1
Ceiling-mounting your projector keeps it safe, secure, and out of the way. Sanus's VMPR1 provides a sturdy, convenient way to ceiling-mount most projectors up to 50 pounds.
The included ceiling and projector mount brackets boast high-quality steel construction. Hardware is supplied for securing most projectors to the VMPR1 (ceiling mounting hardware not included). Pitch, roll and yaw adjustment lets you precisely tweak the angle of the projector. (To display an image with straight edges on all sides, the projector's lens should be parallel to the screen.)
- weight limit: 50 lbs.
- pitch, roll, and yaw adjustment for perfectly even images
- securing ceiling bracket to a ceiling joist is recommended
- warranty: 10 years
- MFR # VMPR1S
What's in the box:
- Flush mount ceiling bracket
- Adjustable top portion
- Adjustable bottom portion (with 4 attached extension arms)
- 2 Extension arms
- Four 10-24 Thumb nuts
- 4 Phillips-head pan screws (M3 x 12mm)
- 4 Phillips-head pan screws (M4 x 12mm)
- 4 Phillips-head pan screws (M5 x 12mm)
- 4 Phillips-head pan screws (M6 x 12mm)
- 2 Phillips-head pan screws (M6 x 8mm)
- 2 Button-head cap screws (5/16-18 x 1/2")
- Allen-head set screw (M6 x 12mm)
- 4 M3 flat washers
- 4 M4 flat washers
- 4 M5 flat washers
- 8 M6 flat washers
- 2 Allen key wrenches (4.5mm and 5/32")
- Assembly Instructions for VMPR1
Customer reviews for Sanus VMPR1
Average review:4.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sanus VMPR1
Product Overview: The Sanus VMPR1 is a universal ceiling mount for inverted LCD/DLP front projectors. The mount adjusts in all directions to give you a perfectly shaped projected picture.
Weight Capacity: The maximum weight to be installed on the mount is 50 pounds. It is recommended that the ceiling's structural members can support a redundant weight factor five times the weight of the equipment you intend to install. If the structure cannot support that amount of weight, the structure must be reinforced before you install the ceiling mount.
Construction: All components of the VMPR1 are made of heavy-gauge steel for a secure and long-lasting mount.
Main Parts: The VMPR1 consists of three main parts:
- Flush Mount bracket: Mounts to ceiling; has slotted screw holes to allow adjustments for yaw position (rotation left or right)
- Top Adjustable portion: Mounts to Flush Mount bracket; has adjustments for pitch (vertical elevation) and roll (horizontal tilt)
- Bottom Adjustable portion: Mounts to Top adjustable portion and to projector; has 4 adjustable arms (and two extension arms if needed) to accommodate the projector's mounting holes. Each of the arms has adjustable leveling feet, so no spacers are required.
Quick Release Feature: You can easily remove and reinstall the projector without removing any screws. The top and bottom portions are held together using thumb screws and open ended screw holes. To remove, you simply loosen the four thumb nuts and rotate the projector counter-clockwise 1/8 of a turn.
Threaded Pipe Mount: The top portion of the VMPR1 has a 1-1/4" diameter internal threads to accommodate mounting to a 1-1/2" diameter extension pipe.
Mounting Recommendations: The Flush Mount bracket should be secured to a wood framing member, such as a ceiling joist, using the front and rear screw holes (5.25" apart). Screws up to 3/8" diameter can be used for joist mounting. For a solid back ceiling, you can use the four screw holes (3.71" apart in a square pattern) using four 1/4" lag screws. If the area is accessible from above, you may also use four 1/4" machine bolts, nuts and washers.
Supplied Hardware: The Sanus VMPR1 can accommodate a variety of projector mounting patterns and screw sizes. The mounting arms can cover an area approximately 12" in diameter. If the 2 extension arms are added, an area up to 18-1/2" in diameter can be covered. If the projector uses less than 4 mounting screws, the mounting arms can be removed. The VMPR1 also comes with the following hardware for attaching the projector:
- M3 screws: 12mm long + M3 flat washers
- M4 screws: 12mm long + M4 flat washers
- M5 screws: 12mm long + M5 flat washers
- M6 screws: 12mm long + M6 flat washers
Required Tools: You will need the following tools to install the VMPR1 ceiling mount:
- Open End Wrenches: M10 and M12
- Phillips Screwdrivers
- Allen Wrenches: No. 1 and No. 2 Allen wrenches provided
- Other: Other tools may be needed depending upon the method of installation
The Sanus VMPR1 replaces these items
- supports up to 56 lbs.
- tilt range: +30° to -45°; 360° rotation
- mounting distance from ceiling with adjustable arm: 17" to 25-5/8"
- Ceiling mount for ScreenPlay 4800, 4805, 5700, 7200 and 7205 projectors
4 questions already asked