About the Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR
An expansive worldview
An expansive worldview
This ultra-wide-angle zoom lens from Nikon gives you a huge field of view and versatile shooting options. Use this lens to capture sweeping, panoramic landscapes or architecture shots. It's great for interior scenes and group photos too. The large f/4 maximum aperture lets you take bright, vibrant photos in all kinds of lighting conditions.
This fresh lens design includes a pulse motor for lightning-fast, whisper-quiet autofocus - great for shooting smooth video sequences. Built-in vibration reduction minimizes image blur and camera shake when shooting stills or video in low light without a tripod.
- AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR ultra-wide-angle zoom lens
- designed for use with Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 15-30mm
- built-in Vibration Reduction minimizes blur at slower shutter speeds
- pulse motor for ultra-fast, near-silent autofocus
- internal focusing design maintains overall lens length during focusing for greater consistency and faster performance
- Super Integrated Coating on lens elements for rich colors with excellent contrast
- minimum focus distance: 9.6"
- minimum aperture: f/29
- lens construction: 14 elements in 11 groups
- 3 aspherical elements for outstanding optical performance
- attachment/filter size: 72mm
- includes lens hood, front and rear lens caps, and soft case
- lens is 3-1/16" in diameter, 2-7/8" long
- weight: 8.2 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # 20067
What's in the box:
- AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6 G VR zoom lens
- LC-72 front lens cap (installed)
- LF-4 rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-81 Lens hood
- CL-1015 Soft lens case
- User's Manual
- Warranty card
Customer reviews for Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR
Overview: The Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR lens is an ultra-wide-angle zoom lens with Vibration Reduction technology. It is ideal for capturing wide landscapes and cityscapes, architecture, interiors, or large group photos, and works well for videos as well as still images. The lens is part of Nikon's new "P" series of lenses, and uses a pulse motor for fast autofocus. It comes with front and rear lens caps, a lens hood, and soft lens case. This lens is optimized for use on Nikon DX-format cameras with APS-C-sized image sensors, and provides a 15-30mm equivalent focal length range. It will work on FX-format (full frame) cameras in the DX-crop mode.
Nikon Technologies: The Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR lens is equipped with the following Nikon technologies:
- Pulse Motor (P): Nikon's new "P" series of lenses use a pulse motor (utilizing stepping motors) for smoother and quieter focusing, compared to previous drive systems. This type of drive system is very quiet, making it ideal for shooting video.
- A-M: The lens features an Auto-Manual mode, which allows smooth focusing operation in Manual Focus mode. The focus ring has a similar amount of torque compared to conventional manual-focus lenses.
- IF Lens: Internal Focusing lenses contain internal lens elements that shift during focusing. Because IF lenses do not change size during Auto Focusing, you can obtain closer focusing distances.
- Vibration Reduction (VR): Nikon's Vibration Reduction helps reduce blur caused by camera shake, and allows shutter speeds up to 4.0 stops slower than without VR. Vibration Reduction applies lens shift correction using voice coil motors (VCMs).
- Aspherical Lens Elements (AS): The lens contains Aspherical lens elements which contain non-spherical surfaces on either or both sides to eliminate certain types of lens aberration.
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC): The lens features a multi-layered coating of the optical elements.
- M/A: The lens can be used in manual or automatic focusing. You can easily and seamlessly switch from one mode to another with no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring.
- Type of Lens: Type G AF-P DX lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet type
- Focal Length: 10-20mm
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 15-30mm
- Focal Length Scale: Graduated in millimeters (10, 12, 14, 16, 20mm)
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Lens Construction: 14 elements in 11 groups (including 3 aspherical lens elements)
- Image Stabilization: Vibration Reduction
- Closest Focus Distance: 0.8' (9.6") at all zoom positions
- Zoom: Manual zoom using independent zoom ring
- Focusing Method: AutoFocus controlled by a pulse motor; separate focus ring for manual focus
- Diaphragm: Rounded 7-blade
- Aperture Range:
- f/4.5 to f/22mm (10mm focal length)
- f/5.6 to f/29mm (20mm focal length)
- Angle of View: 109° - 70° (DX-format)
- Dimensions: Diameter 3.03" Length=3.297" (3.797" w/lens caps)
- Weight: 8.2 ounces
1 question already asked