About the Nikon Z Teleconverter TC-1.4X
Give your Nikon Z lens a boost
Give your Nikon Z lens a boost
Sometimes a little extra reach makes all the difference in getting a great shot — particularly if you shoot sports or wildlife. Nikon's Z Teleconverter TC-1.4X increases the effective focal length of compatible Nikkor Z lenses by 40% without adding bulk or sacrificing image quality.
This teleconverter retains 100% resolution, autofocus, and VR capability with compatible VR lenses, all while retaining the close focusing capability of Nikkor Z lenses. Mounting it on the 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S, for example, increases the lens's zoom range to 98-280mm, and allows you to zoom all the way in to 280mm from a distance of just 3.28 feet.
- designed for use with compatible Nikkor Z lenses
- provides 1.4X optical magnification
- light loss: 1 f-stop
- retains full autofocus functionality and speed
- supports the VR function with compatible Nikkor Z lenses
- construction: 6 elements in 4 groups
- 1 aspherical lens element for excellent image quality
- dust- and water-resistant design
- Super Integrated Coating provides excellent color richness and contrast
- fluorine coating on outer lens elements enhances resistance to dirt and water droplets
- includes front and rear caps, soft case
- teleconverter is 2-7/8" in diameter, 1/8" long
- weight: 7.8 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # 20098
What's in the box:
- Z Teleconverter TC-1.4x
- LF-N1 rear cap (installed)
- BF-N2 front cap (installed)
- CL-C4 lens pouch
- User's Manual
- Erratum sheet
- Warranty card
Customer reviews for Nikon Z Teleconverter TC-1.4X
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon Z Teleconverter TC-1.4X
Overview: The Nikon Z Teleconverter TC-1.4x increases the reach of compatible* Z-mount lenses by 40% (1.4x). With the teleconverter mounted between the lens and camera body, you retain auto-focusing, and Vibration Reduction (VR) functions, as well as 100% image sensor resolution, and minimum focusing distances. Like the Z-series lenses, the TC-1.4x is weather-sealed to protect it from moisture. Its "dust and drip" sealing, like that of the Nikon S line of lenses, keeps the teleconverter working for years. The TC-1.4x comes with front and rear caps, and a soft cloth storage pouch.
Lens Construction: The TC-1.4x has 6 elements in 4 groups, including 1 aspherical element. The Aspherical Lens element helps to reduce coma and other lens aberrations. The front and rear elements are fluorine-coated to protect the lens from fingerprints, dust, dirt, or water droplets.
Performance: Using the TC-1.4x allows you to increase the focal length of compatible lenses by 40% without losing a lot of performance. With the teleconverter attached, you can use every focus point of your Z camera's sensor all the way down to f/11. The 30% reduction in depth of field can be used to your advantage by creating beautiful bokeh (unfocused backgrounds), making it ideal for taking portraits or photographing wildlife.
- Mount Type: Nikon Z-mount
- Focal Length: 1.4x that of the main lens
- Format: FX (full frame)
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 1.4x that of the main lens
- Minimum Focusing Distance: Same as that of the main lens
- Dimensions: Diameter: 2.821", Length: 1.46" (1.914" with caps)
- Weight: 7.8 ounces