About the RetroRadio M4HD SXM
Modern features, including satellite radio
Modern features, including satellite radio
When I venture to classic car shows, I marvel at all the vintage rides. But, I often cringe at the less-than-optimal audio systems that owners try to work into their vehicles. RetroSound comes up with a solution for drivers who want to show off the inside of their baby just as much as the outside. The RetroRadio M4HD digital media receiver package provides modern audio features, like Bluetooth®, USB ports, and auxiliary inputs, while totally complementing the look of your vintage vehicle. And RetroSound also includes a satellite radio tuner that connects the back of the Long Beach, letting you enjoy great SiriusXM subscription-based radio.
Lots of ways to listen
The RetroRadio M4HD allows you to talk hands-free or stream audio programming to the receiver with your smartphone, and you can connect your iPod, iPhone®, or USB thumb drive to the two rear USB ports. You'll find two auxiliary inputs on the rear of the receiver for other sources, like a portable CD player or portable high-res music player.
Enjoy your radio faves
You can stream your favorite music apps using the built-in Bluetooth. And for radio stations that won't fade away when you drive out of town, plug in the included SiriusXM tuner to this RetroSound and subscribe to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from coast to coast. The Long Beach also lets you enjoy HD Radio® from participating stations, so you'll hear FM that's close to CD quality or AM that comes in clear and static-free. And most participating stations send out secondary programming, giving you more choices when you're in the mood for radio. And if you're not in an area with HD Radio stations, don't worry — this radio's sensitive tuner picks up local analog stations like a pro.
Note: The SXV300V1 SiriusXM tuner will plug into the RetroSound RetroRadio M4HD. You'll also need an XM or SiriusXM subscription. Satellite radio service is available only within the lower 48 states — not available in Hawaii or U.S. territories. Limited service is available in Alaska.
Added installation and sound options
This RetroSound receiver features three sets of preamp outputs that make it easier to add amps and subs to your vehicle. You can adjust your bass from the driver's seat using the subwoofer level controls and variable low-pass crossover. RetroSound's Infinimount mounting system lets you adjust the spacing of the control shafts, so this receiver can fit in a variety of cars and trucks. For further customization, you can choose from 32,000 backlight colors so the LCD display will look just right in your dash.
Make it a complete RetroSound system
Wanna add some serious power to your ride? RetroSound offers strong amplifiers to get the most impact out of your speakers and subwoofer. They also make low-profile car speakers that fit into a wide range of older cars and trucks, so you can be sure that your sound system will do justice to your vintage vehicle.
Adapt the Long Beach to a DIN opening
If your classic car has already been altered to accept a DIN (2" tall) radio, we offer a repair kit to convert your dash opening back to its original splendor!
This digital media receiver will not play discs.
- digital media receiver with black and chrome control face designed for classic cars (no built-in CD player)
- includes SiriusXM SXV300V1 tuner (satellite radio subscription required)
- black bezel, chrome buttons
- built-in amplifier (25 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- plays MP3 and WMA music files from external sources (no internal CD player)
- InfiniMount shaft/bracket system fits most car dash openings
- LCD display with 32,000 backlight color choices
- AM/FM tuner with 18 FM/12 AM presets and RDS
- 3 EQ presets plus user-controlled bass/treble adjustment
- subwoofer crossover and level controls
- iPod/iPhone direct control and charging via USB input
- inputs: two rear auxiliary inputs, two rear USB ports, satellite radio port
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2.85-volt front, rear, and subwoofer)
Other Features and Specs:
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # LBC-M4-B
What's in the box:
- RetroSound Long Beach:
- Shaft-style radio (M4HD body)
- 2 Infinimount shafts (with 11" harness attached to each one)
- 2 Infinimount metal brackets
- Main harness
- Power/Ground harness
- Speaker harness
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 8'cable terminated by a mono-male 3.5mm connector)
- 10 Large machines screws
- 4 Small machine screws
- 12 Large hex-nuts
- Medium hex-nut
- 4 Small hex-nuts
- 3 Lock-washers
- 8 Large flat-washers
- 8 Small flat-washers
- 2 Large spacers
- 2 Small spacers
- Large self-tapping screw
- Small self-tapping screws
- Rear-support stud
- Rubber boot
- User's Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- "STOP" note
- SiriusXM SXV300:
- SiriusXM Connect vehicle tuner (w/ attached 25" cable terminated by a proprietary connector)
- SiriusXM antenna (w/ attached 23' cable terminated by a right-angle SMB connector)
- Alcohol Prep Pad
- Installation Guide
Customer reviews for RetroRadio M4HD SXM
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the RetroRadio M4HD SXM
Floating Front-Panel + Infinimount Shaft/Bracket System: The RetroSound Long Beach (M4HD)'s floating front-panel and infinimount shaft/bracket system allows you to mount the radio in a variety of other classic cars and hot rods. This is because the front-panel and shaft-knobs are not mounted to the radio's chassis-body, but instead connect to the chassis via harnesses; allowing the front-panel to be mounted remotely from the chassis and customizing the location of the shaft knobs.
- Separate Faceplate & Chassis: Unlike most shaft-style radios, the front-panel is separate from the chassis-body and can be mounted remotely or attached to the front of the chassis via four screws. The front-panel plugs into the chassis-body via a proprietary 5" harness. Mounting the front-panel in a separate location from the chassis requires an optional extension harness (sold separately). The front-panel measures 3.5625" (w) x 1.5625" (h) x 1.5625" (d). The chassis-body measures 4.125" (w) x 2.005" (h) x 4.75" (d).
- Adjustable Shaft Knobs: The shaft knobs are not affixed to the radio either, instead the connect to chassis via two harness. You can space the radio's shaft knobs at various distances (0.3125"-2.1875") from the chassis of the radio, using the supplied side-mount brackets. You can move these brackets forward or backward and move them in any direction. You can even cut, trim, or bend the brackets if needed.
Available Installation Kits (sold separately): There are multiple vehicle specific faceplate & knob kits available, as well as an universal faceplate (all sold separately) that fits the Long Beach (M4HD) which allows you to use the integrated break away tabs to modify all aspects of height & width of the plate, and even drill in your own shaft holes to fit virtually any car.
Variable-Color LCD: The RetroSound Long Beach (M4HD) features variable color illumination display with over 32,000 of color variations. Choose from a selection of preset colors, have the unit scan through all preset color continuously, or customize your own color to better match your vehicle's interior lights. You can also adjust the brightness of the display from High, Medium, or Low. The LCD will display clock, audio settings, tuner stations, and song/artist information from USB and iPod/iPhone devices.
Five Style Options: The Long Beach (M4HD) is available in five style configurations.
- Chrome with chrome push-buttons
- Chrome with black push-buttons
- Chrome with ivory push-buttons
- Black with black push-buttons
- Black with chrome push-buttons
Bluetooth Technology: The RetroSound Long Beach (M4HD) is equipped with built-in Bluetooth allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone to the head unit. The Long Beach (M4HD) is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone, Blackberry, and Android smartphones.
Pairing: Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the Long Beach (M4HD). You can only pair one device at a time with this unit. Once paired, when your Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the RetroSound receiver, the auto connection function automatically connects the two units.
Hands-Free Communication (HFP): The Long Beach (M4HD) allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's front-panel control knobs. Incoming phone call information will be displayed on the unit's front-panel LCD and your music will be pause or muted. You will still use your phone to dial a phone number and then the call will transfer to the RetroSound radio. Use the included external microphone to speak into during your phone conversation, while the other party will be heard through your vehicle's speakers.
Wireless Audio Streaming (AD2P/AVRCP): The Long Beach (M4HD) also allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled phone or personal music player using a paired Bluetooth connection. Playback controls included Play/Pause, Stop, & Next/Previous Track. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices.
Dual USB Ports: The RetroSound Long Beach (M4HD) features two USB (type-A) ports connected to its rear chassis by a 20" pigtail. The USB ports enable connection of portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) devices - such as a portable digital audio player or USB thumbdrive. Once you've connected your compatible USB device, the Long Beach (M4HD) will find your songs instantly and automatically start playing them. This unit supports MP3 (128 kbps +), WMA (64 kbps +), and FLAC music files in format FAT and FAT32. The unit can recognize a maximum of 999 songs/files (files will be read in order of creation and not alphabetically or numerically).
- Controls: You will be able to control basic playback functions of your music files such as Play, Pause, Skip Track, Intro Scan, Repeat Track, and Random.
- Display: The Long Beach (M4HD) also supports ID3-tags/WMA-tags for song/artist information.
- Charging: USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (max. 2.1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connect: Either rear-panel USB port can act as an iPod/iPhone high-speed direct connection. The RetroSound Long Beach (M4HD) supports audio playback of stored music or music apps, music navigation, information display, and charging of select iPod/iPhone models.
- Control: You can control your connected iPod/iPhone from the head unit's front-panel control knobs. You can browse your iPod/iPhone's music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Composer, or Podcast. In addition, you can activate Repeat playback modes (all/track). Most iPod/iPhone device's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked during connection (Apple devices w/ iOS 6.0+ will stay unlocked).
- Display: The Long Beach (M4HD) will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information from stored music. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name and Song/Album title.
- Charging: The unit's USB connection provides 2.1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility: The Long Beach (M4HD) supports select iPod and iPhone models (not compatible with iPad).
- Full Size: Classic (all generations)
- Nano: 3rd Generation and newer
- Touch: 2nd Generation and newer
- iPhone: 3G and newer
Dual Auxiliary Inputs: The universal shaft-style receiver features two 3.5mm auxiliary inputs connected to the rear chassis by 7" pigtails. The Aux inputs provide a connection for portable external audio sources such as a MP3 player or CD player.
SiriusXM Radio: The Long Beach (M4HD) is SiriusXM-Ready and comes with the SiriusXM SXV300 Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately). The SXV300 plugs directly into the Long Beach (M4HD) without the need for special adapters or cables. A SiriusXM subscription is also required. The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription. Check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here.
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, and Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's display
- Up to 15 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
HD Radio: The Retrosound digital media receiver features a built-in HD Radio, plus an RDS AM/FM tuner. HD Radio technology gives you access to crystal clear HD Radio broadcasing in your area. HD Radio and the the Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. The unit's tuner features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands. A total of 30 AM/FM presets can be stored manually or automatically. Select between Local and Distant settings can aid in listening to weak FM radio stations or compensate for stations that have too strong of a signal. This unit's tuner can be set to USA or European tuning.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Long Beach (M4HD) is equipped with a 25 watts x 4-channel (RMS)/45 watts x 4-channel (Peak) MOSFET amplifier.
6Ch/2.85V RCA Outputs: The universal shaft-style receiver features front, rear and subwoofer 2.85-volt RCA outputs. The front and rear speaker RCA outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer RCA output is non-fading.
Subwoofer Control: When the subwoofer RCA output is active, you can adjust the output level (0-12) of the sub output. You can also set the low-pass crossover to 80, 120, or 160Hz.
Equalizer: The Long Beach (M4HD) features the following preset EQ curves (Classic, Pop, Rock, or Off) to customize your music listening. The Off mode activates a 3-Band EQ which lets you adjust Bass, Midrange, & Treble manually.
|Bass||60, 80, 100, 200 Hz||-7 to +7|
|Midrange||0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.5 kHz||-7 to +7|
|Treble||10.0, 12.5, 15.0, 17.5 kHz||-7 to +7|
XBAS: This function boosts bass & treble at low listening volumes, and should be turned off at higher listening levels.
Balance & Fader Control: The Balance adjustment function allows you to adjust or pan the stereo sound from left to right; this is helpful to compensate for the position of the driver in relation to the speaker locations. Adjustment range is 0 to 12. The Fader Control allows you to fade the sound from the front speakers to the rear speakers. Adjustment range is 0 to 12.
Turn-On Volume: You can set the Long Beach (M4HD) to power-on to the same volume level (0-46) every time, or let it default to the last volume when turned off.
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every knob turn or button press will output a beep tone.
9 questions already asked