About the JVC KS-BTA200
Add hands-free calling to your compatible JVC receiver. This handy JVC Bluetooth adapter lets you answer incoming calls and place outgoing calls with compatible phones all without having to fumble around for your cell phone. You can also stream music from a phone with MP3 storage to your stereo.
To get started, plug the KS-BTA200 into your compatible JVC stereo, then mount the included microphone. Setup only takes a few minutes, and you'll be on your way to safer driving, talking with both hands on the wheel and keeping your eyes on the road. If your phone has voice recognition dialing, you'll even be able to dial your favorite numbers just by saying a name.
The KS-BTA200 includes a pass-through port that allows you to connect it to your JVC receiver while retaining your existing JVC iPod® adapter, satellite radio, or CD changer.
Note: Compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
- Bluetooth wireless adapter for JVC receivers with J-Bus connections
- place and accept calls hands-free via the wireless connection
- supports audio streaming from Bluetooth devices
- Bluetooth digital technology ensures crisp, static-free performance in the car
- included microphone
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # KSBTA200
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth adapter with attached 5' cable using a proprietary DIN connector
- Microphone with attached 10.5' cord using a right-angle male 3.5mm minijack connector
- Microphone stand
- 4 Velcro strips
- 2-sided tape strip
- Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Product Registration card
- US Warranty sheet
- Canada warranty card
- European Guarantee sheet
- "EC Declaration of Conformity" sheet
- "Available characters for the SMS/Text Message" sheet
- "The countries where you may use the Bluetooth function" sheet
Customer reviews for JVC KS-BTA200
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC KS-BTA200
Overview: The JVC KS-BTA200 Bluetooth adapter supports only JVC's Bluetooth-Ready car receivers. By using this adapter, you can operate the following functions from your Bluetooth compatible cellular phone wirelessly with your compatible JVC car receiver.
- Receiving a call: If you receive al call, "Receiving Call", name and phone number appears on the radio's display if applicable.
- Making a call: You can make a call by entering a phone number from your JVC receiver.
- Calling from phonebook: You can call a number from the phone-book in your connected cellular phone using your JVC headunit; before using this function, transfer the phone-book memory of your cellular phone to this unit.
- Calling by voice command: If your cellular phone is equipped with the voice recognition system, you can make a call by your voice using the supplied microphone.
- Calling from call histories: This adapter has three kinds of call histories - redial, missed calls, and received calls. You can make a call using these call histories through your JVC headunit.
- Call Waiting: If your cellular phone is equipped with the call waiting function, you can put the current call on hold and answer the waiting call.
- Calling by preset numbers: You can preset up to six phone numbers for one touch dialing from your JVC receiver.
- Receiving the SMS (Short Message Service)/Text Message: If your cellular phone can use SMS and Text Message, you can read the message on the display or monitor of your receiver.
Headunit Compatibility: The JVC KS-BTA200 Bluetooth adapter is currently compatible with 2008-2010 Bluetooth-Ready JVC headunits.
Bluetooth Technology: Bluetooth is a short-range wireless radio communication technology for the mobile device such as cellular phones, portable PCs and other devices. The Bluetooth devices can be connected to one another without cables and communicate with each other. To send or receive voice and data between this adapter and your Bluetooth device, the units must be within 10 meters of each other.
Bluetooth Profile: The Bluetooth 1.2 certified adapter supports the following Bluetooth profiles.
- HSP (Headset Profile)
- HFP (Hands-Free Profile)
- A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
- AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)
- SPP (Serial Port Profile)
- OPP (Object Push Profile)
Pairing: When you connect a Bluetooth device to your JVC receiver through this adapter for the first time, you must pair the two units. Pairing allows Bluetooth devices to communicate to each other. To pair the two units, you may need to enter the PIN code of your Bluetooth device you want to connect. You can pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices to this adapter.
Note: Not all Bluetooth devices will be compatible. Visit http://www.jvc-victor.co.jp/english/car/bluetooth/ for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled devices.
Auto Connect: You can set the unit to connect to your Bluetooth device automatically when the receiver is turned on.
Auto Answer: You can set the receiver to receive or reject incoming calls automatically.
Message Info: You can set the receiver to ring and inform you of the arrival of the message when your receive an SMS or Text Message.
Microphone Level: You can adjust the supplied microphone volume from levels 1, 2 or 3.
Playback Bluetooth Audio: The adapter allows your JVC headunit to playback audio wirelessly from your Bluetooth compatible portable audio player and operate the following playback options of your Bluetooth compatible portable audio player - Start Playback, Pause, Forward Skip, Reverse Skip and Stop.
Connections: The Bluetooth adapter is equipped with an attached 5 foot DIN-cable that connects to the CD-changer port on the rear of your compatible JVC receiver. The Bluetooth adapter also features a changer pass-through using a proprietary DIN-port for so you can still keep or hookup a CD-changer, Satellite Radio tuner or iPod interface to your JVC receiver. In addition, the Bluetooth adapter is equipped with a 3.5mm minijack port where the supplied wired microphone plugs into.
Mounting: The JVC KS-BTA200 comes with four self-adhesive strips of velcro to attach the Bluetooth adapter to any flat surface of your vehicle within 5 feet of your JVC receiver due to cable length. The unit also comes with a strip of two-sided tape to secure the microphone stand to a flat surface or you can clip the microphone stand to your sun-visor. Once the microphone is secured onto the stand you can adjust the angle of the microphone backward up to 65-degrees and forward up to 90-degrees.