About the JVC KW-XR810
JVC's KW-XR810 CD receiver strikes a fine balance between form and function. Its striking looks will make a statement in your dash, but more importantly, you'll enjoy superior sound quality from all your music sources. Adjustable display lighting allows you to select different colors for the display and the controls to match your interior.
JVC includes a Bluetooth adapter, so you can talk hands-free with a compatible phone. Mount the included microphone on your visor, and your callers will hear you loud and clear as you conduct your conversation over your speakers. And if your device supports Bluetooth, you can even stream music straight to the stereo.
Note: Bluetooth compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
It's all about the music
Plug your iPod® or iPhone® into the USB input, and you can browse your music library using the KW-XR810's controls. You can also activate the iPod's controls if you like, so your passengers can use the player to pick the tunes. The KW-XR810 can play all your CDs, including recordable discs. You can burn your MP3 and WMA files to a disc or load them on a USB thumb drive — the choice is yours. And a 24-bit digital-to-analog converter, made by industry leader Burr-Brown, brings out the best in all your driving music.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
Build a system
Three sets of preamp outputs let you add amps and subs to your system, including a dedicated subwoofer output that enables you to dial in the right amount of bass quickly and easily. You can also add a satellite radio tuner, while the handy front auxiliary input lets you hook up a Dock & Play satellite radio or another portable.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use this adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this JVC stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the JVC, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
HD Radio-ready: This receiver is HD Radio-ready, but JVC does not currently offer the outboard tuner module that's required to get reception.
- CD receiver with built-in MOSFET amplifier (20 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- adjustable illumination (you can select different colors for the display and controls)
- fits double-DIN (4"-tall) dash openings
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files
- built-in Bluetooth
- remote control
- built-in iPod and iPhone controls
- iEQ 3-band equalizer
- 24-bit Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converter
- subwoofer level control
- compatible with JVC satellite radio
- inputs: front- and rear-panel USB input, front-panel auxiliary input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2.5-volt front, rear, sub)
What's in the box:
- Double-Din AM/FM/CD receiver with 15-amp ATC fuse inserted into chassis
- Sleeve (attached with 4 screws)
- Trim ring (attached)
- Wiring harness
- Wireless remote control (RM-RK50)
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed)
- KS-UBT1 Bluetooth/USB adapter
- Microphone (with attached 9.75' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- Self-adhesive bracket
- 4" Minijack cable (extension for steering wheel remote input)
- 6 Pan-head screws
- 6 Counter-sunk screws
- Instructions (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Installation/Connection Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- USB/Bluetooth Adapter Instructions (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- US Warranty Sheet
- Canadian Warranty Card
- Product Registration Card/Questionnaire
- "Caution!" note (attached to wiring harness)
Customer reviews for JVC KW-XR810
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC KW-XR810
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Front and Optional Rear|
|USB Input||Front and Rear|
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Sirius|
|HD Radio||Optional tuner not available|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||20 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2.5 volts|
|Key Button Color||VarioColor|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
2-DIN Chassis: The JVC KW-XR810 has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as Double DIN or size DD), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve.
Note: As always, please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to verify fit with your vehicle.
Variable Color LCD and Key Illumination: The JVC KW-XR810 features 29 color presets for the LCD display and button illumination. Additionally, there is a user preset, allowing you to individually adjust the intensity of Red, Green, and Blue from 0 to 31; resulting in approximately 30,000 custom color options. The chosen color can be applied to the display panel and the backlighting for all the buttons, except the Eject and Display buttons (they remain red). You can choose to use the same color for the LCD display and button illumination or use a separate color for each one. You can also select a different color for daytime and nighttime in regards to the unit's LCD display and button illumination, as well as adjust the display's contrast manually (1-8) to make display indications clear and legible.
Display/Button Illumination Dimmer: The display/button illumination dimmer can be set to Off (normal brightness at all times), On (display/button illumination is always dimmed), or Auto (display dims when 12 volts is applied to the illumination lead).
Clock Display: The head unit features a 12/24-hour clock. When you press the Display button during power off, the unit will turn on, display the clock for 5 seconds, then shut off. This can be done with the ignition on or off.
TI/Burr-Brown 24 Bit D/A Converter: The JVC KW-XR810 utilizes a TI/Burr-Brown 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior CD sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The KW-XR810 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the KW-XR810 are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the KW-XR810 are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 20 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 total watts)
Pro EQ: The KW-XR810 is equipped with JVC's Pro EQ. The integrated equalizer offers 6 preset sound modes (Flat, Natural, Dynamic, Vocal, Bass, User) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 3 band parametric EQ (Frequency, Level, and Q-Factor).
|Tone||JVC Pro EQ|
|Bass||50, 100, 200 Hz||+/- 12 dB (-6 to +6)||0.7, 1.0, 1.4, 2.0|
|Midrange||0.5, 1.0, 2.0 kHz||+/- 12 dB (-6 to +6)||0.7, 1.0, 1.4, 2.0|
|Treble||5, 10, 15 kHz||+/- 12 dB (-6 to +6)||0.7, 1.0, 1.4, 2.0|
Loud (Loudness): This feature boosts low and high frequencies to produce a well-balanced sound at a low volume level. You can set the Loudness feature to 1, 2, 3, or off.
Amplifier Gain Control: When you are using the KW-XR810 with factory speakers (or those rated to less than 50 watts peak), the Amplifier Gain Control can limit the amount of power being sent to those speakers. When the Amp Gain Control is set to "low," the volume control ranges from 0 (minimum) to 30 (maximum). When using speakers rated higher than 50 watts peak, you can set the Amp Gain Control to "high," and the volume control will range from 0 to 50.
Source Volume: The input level of each source (other than FM) is adjustable relative to the FM radio volume, so there isn't a significant volume difference when changing sources. Each source is individually adjustable from -5 to +5.
3 Pairs of 2.5V Preamp Outputs: The KW-XR810 is equipped with three pairs of 2.5V preamp outputs (Front, Rear, Subwoofer). The front and rear preamp outputs allow fader control, while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading.
Subwoofer Control: The unit's subwoofer preamp output features a variable low-pass crossover (55Hz, 85Hz, 120Hz, or Through), Phase adjustment (Normal/Reverse), and level control (0 to 8).
High Pass Filter: You can select the unit's high pass filter cut-off frequency (62Hz, 95Hz, 135Hz, or Through) for the front and rear speakers so it matches the subwoofer's low-pass filter setting.
Key-Touch Tone: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
AM/FM Tuner: The JVC KW-XR810 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning.
Preset Tuning: You can store a total of 18 FM stations presets and 6 AM station presets. The radio allows you to set your AM/FM stations manually or automatically.
Title Assignment: You can also assign names (up to eight characters) for 30 AM/FM station frequencies.
IF Filter: You can also switch the tuner's IF filter to Wide or Auto to increase/decrease the sensitivity.
US/European Tuning: You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing.
HD Radio Ready: The KW-XR810 is HD Radio ready, and requires a compatible JVC HD Radio Tuner, such as the KT-HD300.
Note: The KT-HD300 is a discontinued item and is no longer available.
Satellite Radio Ready: There are several options for connecting an optional XM or SIRIUS Satellite Radio receiver to this receiver:
- XM Satellite Radio: To receive XM Satellite Radio connect the optional CNP2000UCA XM Direct2 tuner and the JVC CNP-JVC1 adapter cable (package item number 700XMJVC2, sold separately).
- SIRIUS: The JVC KW-XR810 is compatible with the
SiriusConnect Universal Tuner and Plug & Play Dock.
- SiriusConnect Tuner: Connect the optional SC-C1 SiriusConnect vehicle tuner (item number 607SCC1) and the JVC KS-SRA100 SIRIUS adapter (item number 105KSRA100) - package # 700SIRJVC1, sold separately.
- SiriusConnect Dock: Select dock-and-play and portable SIRIUS radios can be controlled using the JVC KS-SRA100 SIRIUS adapter (item number 105KSRA100, sold separately) and the SC-VDOC1 dock (item number 607SCVDOC1, sold separately).
- Portable: A portable satellite radio receiver can be connected to the head unit via the front panel auxiliary input or a JVC auxiliary input adapter, such as the KS-U57 or KS-U58 (sold separately).
MP3/WMA Playback: The KW-XR810 can play MP3 (5-320 kbps)/WMA files (5-320 kbps) that have been recorded on CD-R and CD-RW discs. The disc must be recorded in one of the following formats: ISO 9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo or Windows long file. Each disc can have a total of 20,000 files and 2,000 folders (999 files per folder). The unit also supports IDTag3 (version 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3 or 2.4) for album and artist information from MP3 or WMA files.
Fast Search: If your MP3/WMA disc contains a lot of tracks, you can fast search (+/- 10, 100, 1000) through the disc by simply turning the head unit's rotary dial to find the right song.
A to Z Search: You can search MP3/WMA tracks alphabetically in a desired folder on a disc.
Disc Resume: If you change the source, playback also stops (without ejecting the disc). Next time you select CD for the playback source, the disc will start from where it has been stopped previously.
Disc Protection: If the ejected disc is not removed within 15 seconds, the disc is automatically inserted again into the loading slot to protect it from dust; playback starts automatically.
Off Eject: The KW-XR810 allows you to eject your disc with the head unit turned off.
Note: The unit will not allow you to load a CD while it is powered off.
Mounting: For proper disc playback you must install the unit within 30-degrees of horizontal.
Dual USB Ports: The JVC KW-XR810 features a front-panel and rear-panel USB 2.0 type-A port for connection of a USB mass-storage class device (these two USB terminals can be used at the same time). The front-panel USB port is behind a sliding cover while the rear USB port is attached to the chassis by a 46" pigtail. The USB port enables audio playback and control of MP3 (32-320 kbps)/WMA (5-320 kbps) audio files stored on a portable USB mass-storage class device (FAT 12/16/32). The KW-XR810 can recognize a total of 20,000 files and 2,000 folders (999 files per folder). The unit also supports IDTag3 (version 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3 or 2.4) for album and artist information from MP3/WMA files. The KW-XR810 provides Fast Search (+/- 10, 100, 1000) and Alphabetical Search (A-Z) to help you find your MP3/WMA files stored on your USB device.
Note: This unit cannot recognize a USB mass storage class device whose rating is other than 5V and exceeds 500 mA. You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit.
iPod Direct: The JVC KW-XR810's front-panel USB port also acts as an iPod high-speed direct connection when used with the USB/iPod cable that came with your iPod. An additional iPod cable is available (469USBPOD, sold separately) so you can leave one at home and one in the car. Menu options allow iPod control from the head unit or from the iPod itself. From the head unit's front-panel controls you can search your iPod/iPhone's music by Category (Playlist/Artist/Album/Song/Genre/Composer/Audiobook). If the selected category contains a high number of tracks, you can fast search (+/-10, 100, 1000) through the music tracks in that particular category by simply turning the head unit's control dial. The KW-XR810 also supports Repeat and Random playback functions of your iPod/iPhone. Regardless of control mode, the KW-XR810 will display your iPod/iPhone's music file text. The iPod/iPhone will also charge whenever it is connected with the head unit turned on. The JVC KW-XR810 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of May 2010):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Headunit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until an newer software update is available.
Front Panel Auxiliary Input: A front panel stereo minijack is provided to allow the connection of a portable audio source. Just connect your portable digital music player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system.
Optional Rear Auxiliary Input: An optional KS-U57 or KS-U58 adapter (105KSU57 or 257KSU58, both sold separately) can be connected to the J-port on the rear panel; giving you an additional auxiliary input. When either of these adapters is used, you cannot connect another external device to this port.
USB Bluetooth Adapter: The JVC KW-XR810 comes supplied with a USB Bluetooth Adapter (KS-UBT1) which can plug into either the head unit's front or rear-panel USB input, making the KW-XR810 Bluetooth 2.0 certified. Once the Bluetooth adapter is inserted, this unit will support the following Bluetooth Profiles: HFP (Hands-Free Profile) 1.5, OPP (Object Push Profile) 1.1, PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile) 1.0, A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) 1.2, and AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile). Bluetooth technology allows you to utilize your vehicle's built-in audio system for wireless mobile phone communication or wireless music streaming.
- Bluetooth Communication: The supplied Bluetooth adapter allows you receive and make calls from your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone using the KW-XR810's controls. You can make a call by entering the phone number, using your downloaded Phonebook (up to 400 numbers), with voice recognition, or by dialing from a call history list (Dialed/Received/Missed). When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker, the head unit's display will flash, and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. The KW-XR810 can be set to automatically answer your incoming calls and mute any music audio to your vehicle's speakers so you can instantly carry on a phone conversation hands-free. An external wired microphone is supplied to carry on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can adjust the volume level of the microphone if needed. You can also switch from the head unit back to your mobile phone for a more private conversation. In addition, you can switch between two paired mobile phones at any time, if you have more than one phone in the car. The head unit can also inform you of the arrival of a text message on your mobile phone with an audible and visual alert. However, you cannot read, edit, or send a text message through this unit.
- Bluetooth Audio: The Bluetooth adapter also allows audio playback and control of a Bluetooth audio player through the KW-XR810. The KW-XR810 will be able to control basic playback features such as Play, Pause, Track Selection, Folder Selection, Fast Forward, Reverse, Skip Next, Skip Previous, Repeat and Random.
Note: You can register up to 5 Bluetooth devices to this unit, however, only one unit of each type can be connected at a time. Not all Bluetooth enabled devices will be compatible with this unit.
Wireless Remote Control: The KW-XR810 comes supplied with a wireless remote control (RM-RK50). The remote has Power, Attenuator, Sound, Source, Tracking, and Volume functions. The remote operates off of a single CR2025 3V Lithium-cell battery (included).
Steering Wheel Remote Ready: The unit also features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit to allow you to keep your vehicle's radio steering wheel remote controls when used with the optional PAC SWI-JACK Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (127SWIJACK, sold separately); or the optional Metra ASWC Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (120ASWC, sold separately).
Note: Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
The JVC KW-XR810 replaces these items
- Double-DIN size CD receiver with MP3/WMA/AAC playback
- front panel USB and aux inputs
- optional Bluetooth adapter, iPod adapter, satellite radio, and CD changer