About the JBL Apex PA1254
That's a power amplifier?
That's a power amplifier?
You won't believe how much sound comes out of this tiny amp. JBL's Apex PA1254 puts out four channels of 75 watts RMS from a chassis that's smaller than a shoe. It'll fit in almost any little nook or cranny on your UTV, motorcycle, or boat, bringing the joy of music to your outdoor fun.
Versatility and control
You can also use this amp in 3-channel mode to power a couple of speakers with 75 watts each plus a subwoofer with 250 watts RMS. Selectable high- and low-pass filters let you tune the signals to match your speakers and subs. The tough aluminum chassis and conformal-coated circuit boards protect the amp against the weather. The controls are protected behind an aluminum panel.
- compact 4-channel amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
- 125 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
- 250 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- selectable high-pass filter (60, 80, 120 Hz at 12 dB/octave) on front channels
- selectable high- or low-pass filter (60, 80, 120 Hz at 12 dB/octave) on rear channels
- Class D amp technology (frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz)
- weather-resistant aluminum chassis
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- wire-to-RCA adapters for speaker-level inputs included
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 40A
- dimensions: 10-1/8"W x 1-3/4"H x 3-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # APEX PA1254
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- 4 Speaker to RCA adapters
- Two 40-amp ATO fuses (1 installed/1 spare)
- Four 5/8" Screws
- Four 5" Zip ties
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ Chinese/ Japanese/ Korean)
- 2 Window stickers
Customer reviews for JBL Apex PA1254
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Apex PA1254
Overview: The Apex PA1254 4-channel amplifier is effectively two full range 2-channel amps built into one chassis. The front and rear channels are independently bridgeable, so the amp can be wired as 4-channel, 3-channel, or 2-channel.
Auto Turn-on: When using speaker level inputs, the DC offset circuit in the amp senses when a signal is present and turns the amp on automatically.
Control Panel: The control panel is protected by a cover to help keep the controls dry, and to prevent unwanted adjustments. The front and rear sections of the amplifier have independent gain and crossover controls.
- Input Level: 2-position switch; select High (speaker level) or Low (preamp level)
- Gain: rotary controls; variable from 200mV to 6V with the input level switch in the low position and 500mV to 15V with the input level switch in the high position
- Front Channels: 4-position switch; high pass only; select Off (full-range), 60 Hz, 80 Hz, or 120 Hz
- Rear Channels:
- X-Over: 3-position switch; select High Pass, Off (full-range), or Low Pass
- Frequency: 3-position switch; select 60 Hz, 80 Hz, or 120 Hz
- Speaker Outputs: 4 pair of 8" speaker wires attached; 16-gauge
- Power: 8" wire attached; 10-gauge; ATO fuse holder wired in-line
- Ground: 8" wire attached; 10-gauge
- Remote Turn-on: 8" wire attached; 18-gauge
- RCA Inputs: two pair of stereo RCA inputs, each on the end of a 6" pigtail; compatible with preamp level and speaker level signals (four speaker wire to RCA adapters included)
3 questions already asked