About the JBL Boombox 3
Bigger sound all around
Bigger sound all around
Totally waterproof — and dustproof, too.
The JBL Boombox 3 gives you more sound than its predecessor, the Boombox 2, which was already a big hit with our customers. This time around, JBL used a three-way speaker system including a subwoofer for better clarity and bigger bass.
And you can take the Boombox 3 more places. It's totally waterproof and dustproof. So, go ahead, bring it to the beach or on camping trips. Then just rinse it off to clean it. The Boombox 3's built-in battery delivers up to 24 hours of non-stop music, so let the party begin.
3-way speaker design
The Boombox 3 delivers massive, detailed sound. It features two 3/4" tweeters for crisp, clean highs and a pair of 2-3/4" midrange drivers. The speaker also boasts a 3-3/16" powered subwoofer. And that's in addition to the dual side-firing passive radiators. You wanted bigger bass? You got it!
Do more with the JBL Portable app
JBL's control app is a free download for your Apple® or Android™ device. It lets you adjust speaker settings and easily manage software updates. You can also activate PartyBoost — a feature that lets you wirelessly connect multiple compatible JBL speakers for an even bigger sound. How many speakers can you connect simultaneously? All the PartyBoost-compatible speakers you have — there's no limit.
Power to spare
The speaker's built-in rechargeable battery gives you up to 24 hours of portable operation. An AC cable is included for charging the battery or running the system on AC power. There's also a USB Type-A charging output to keep your smartphone or tablet powered up with the Boombox 3. (USB cable not included.)
- two 3/4" tweeters, two 2-3/4" midrange drivers, one 3-3/16" subwoofer, and dual side-firing passive bass radiators
- frequency response: 40-20,000 Hz
- built-in Bluetooth 5.3 for streaming from your smartphone or tablet
JBL Portable app:
- free download from Apple App Store® and Google Play
- remotely controls volume
- adjust EQ settings
- wirelessly connect multiple JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers for simultaneous playback
- solid aluminum handle with silicone grips
- IP67-rated waterproof down to 3 feet for up to 30 minutes
- USB charging port for portable devices
- stereo minijack auxiliary input
- 10,000mAh built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts up to 24 hours
- AC power cable included
- 19-1/16"W x 10-1/8"H x 7-15/16"D
- weight: 14.7 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # JBLBOOMBOX3SQUADAM
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions and Warranty Card booklet
Customer reviews for JBL Boombox 3
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Boombox 3
Features & specs
|Weather Resistance||Dust-proof/Waterproof (IP67)|
|Power and Battery Info|
|Built-in Battery||Y (24 hrs)|
|Charges External Device Via USB||Yes|
|Runs On AC Power||Yes|
|Bluetooth Version And Supported Audio Formats|
|Other Wireless Features|
|Unison Pairing (Party Mode)||Yes|
|Amplification (Watts RMS)||136|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Dust & Water Proof (IP67-Rated): The JBL Boombox 3 features a rugged, rubber housing and is covered with durable waterproof fabric. The JBL Boombox 3 carries an IP67 dust and water proof rating, so you can take the portable Bluetooth speaker almost anywhere - rain or shine. The IP67-rating means the speaker can be safely submerged in water (up to 1m for up to 30 minutes), as well as protected against dust intrusion.
- To ensure that the JBL Boombox 3 is dust and water proof, please remove all cable connections and tightly close the connector cover; exposing the JBL Boombox 3 to liquids without doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker.
- Do not expose the JBL Boombox 3 to water while connected to AC or charging a device, as doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker or power source.
JBL Original Pro Sound: The JBL Boombox 3 Bluetooth speaker employs a 3-way driver design with two 0.75" tweeters, two 2.75" midrange drivers, and one 3.1875" woofers powered by a built-in amplifier; plus twin side-firing 5" passive radiators to deliver JBL Original Pro Sound. The Boombox 3 delivers optimum clarity, bass, and loudness to create the perfect balanced sound for indoor and outdoor environments.
- AC Power Mode: When the JBL Boombox 3 is connected to AC power, the built-in amplifier delivers 10W (RMS) to each tweeter, 40W (RMS) to each midrange driver, and 80W to the subwoofer for a total of 180W (RMS)
- Battery Power Mode: When the JBL Boombox 3 is connected to AC power, the built-in amplifier delivers 8W (RMS) to each tweeter, 30W (RMS) to each midrange driver, and 60W to the subwoofer for a total of 136W (RMS).
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The JBL Boombox 3 offers built-in Bluetooth 5.3 with support for wireless audio stream (A2DP 1.3) and control (AVRCP 1.6). You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer to the JBL Boombox 3 speaker system. You'll also be able to operate Play, Pause, & Skip functions from the speaker's top-panel controls. You will need to continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device for advanced music navigation and to view song/artist information.
- Dual Device Connection: You can pair multiple Bluetooth source devices with the Boombox 3 and connect two devices at a time, making it quick and easy to take turns sharing music from different devices.
- Auto Re-Connect: The JBL Boombox 3 will also automatically re-connect with an already paired device when in wireless range (up to 33').
Note: The JBL Boombox 3 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) for making and answering phone calls.
JBL Portable App: Download the JBL Portable app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ or Android OS 7.0+) onto your compatible smartphone or table device to get the most out of the Boombox 3. From the JBL Portable app and your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device, you can customize settings, unlock advance features, and get the latest firmware updates for the Boombox 3.
PartyBoost: With the PartyBoost feature, you can wirelessly pair two JBL Boombox speakers together for stereo sound or link multiple JBL Boombox and other compatible JBL PartyBoost speakers to create a bigger sound (the same audio source is played back through all the compatible JBL Portable speakers). PartyBoost can be activated directly from the speaker's top-panel controls or from the JBL Portable app.
Aux Input: In addition to built-in Bluetooth, the JBL Boombox 3 is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of almost any portable audio player with a headphone output.
USB Charging Port: The JBL Boombox 3 is capable of recharging the battery of a mobile electronic device (like your smartphone or tablet) from the speaker's USB-A (5V/2.0A) port. Now you don't need to carry an extra charger to keep your mobile device powered up. The USB port does not support audio playback.
Power Requirements: The JBL Boombox 3 speaker can be powered via the included 6.5' AC power cord or built-in battery. The built-in, rechargeable li-ion polymer battery provides more than 24 hours of playback time on a single charge. The battery can be recharged using the included AC power cord. A full battery charge takes approximately 6.5 hours. The AC power cord can also be used to power the speaker.
- Battery Output: 69.12Wh / 7.26V / 1,000mAH
- AC Power Input: 100-240Vac; 50/60Hz
Integrated Carry Handle: The JBL Boombox 3 features a solid aluminum handle with silicone grip for easy transportation of the portable Bluetooth speaker.
The JBL Boombox 3 replaces these items
- built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts up to 24 hours
- IPX7-rated waterproof down to 3 feet for up to 30 minutes
- USB port to recharge smartphones and tablets
3 questions already asked