About the JBL HDI-1200P
Even the best sound system can lack oomph without a subwoofer. JBL's HDI-1200P powered sub features a 12-inch Poly-plas™ cone woofer driven by a 1,000-watt amplifier for accurate, powerful bass.
The subwoofer's enclosure is heavily braced to provide a solid acoustic foundation, and it uses a bass reflex design with dual down-firing ports. This sub comes in three beautiful finishes to match just about any decor.
Fill out your sound system
The HDI-1200 makes a great match with the speakers in JBL's HDI line, so you can add bass to a two-channel or surround sound system:
Get the most out of your sub
- frequency response: 28-150 Hz
- 1,000-watt RMS Class D amplifier
- 12" Poly-plas™ cone woofer with 3" long-throw voice coil
- dual down-firing tuned ports
- single-band parametric EQ
- low-pass crossover, EQ, and gain controls
- selectable phase switch (0°, 180°)
- unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR line-level inputs
- selectable auto power on
- 12-volt trigger input and output
- detachable power cord
- removable grille
- furniture-grade walnut wood veneers with satin finish
Dimensions and warranty:
- 16-5/16"W x 17"H x 17-13/16"D
- weight: 70.8 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # JBLHDI1200PWALAM
What's in the box:
- Powered Subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord
- 16.5' Mono-RCA/Mono-Minijack cable
- 4 Spikes
- Owner's Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
Customer reviews for JBL HDI-1200P
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL HDI-1200P
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||1000|
|Frequency Response||28-150 Hz|
|Preamp-Level Inputs||Stereo RCA, XLR|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||50-150 Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||None|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||5 Years|
12" Poly-Plas Woofer: The JBL HDI-1200P powered sub houses a 12" Poly-plas cone woofer that delivers maximum output with significantly reduced distortion. This powerful 12" driver features a cast-aluminum frame that supports a large Symmetrical Field design ceramic motor structure with a vented pole using flared exits. A 3" long-throw voice coil drives the high-density Poly-plas cone. The entire assembly has been Klippel and FEA optimized to extract maximum performance.
1,000 Watt Amplifier: The built-in 1,000 watt amplifier produces powerful dynamics and incredibly accurate sound reproduction. The built-in 1,000 watt amplifier provides significant peak power output to handle even the largest dynamic demands. Advanced protection and monitoring ensures that the HDI-1200P will continue to deliver optimal performance under even less-than-ideal conditions.
Bass Reflex Cabinet: The HDI-1200P's enclosure is heavily braced to provide a solid acoustic foundation, and incorporates a bass reflex design with dual down-firing, computer-optimized flared ports. The sophisticated curved cabinet features a modern design finished in a choice of automotive-grade painted High Gloss Black, or furniture-grade satin Walnut or Gray Oak wood veneers. A black cloth, magnetically attached grille completes the elegant appearance.
HDI (High Definition Imaging) Series: JBL's new HDI Series featuring patented High-Definition Imaging waveguides and revolutionary JBL compression driver technology showcases a wealth of JBL acoustic technologies and high quality audio performance to go with a contemporary and beautiful look. The HDI series consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (HDI-3600/HDI-3800), one bookshelf loudspeaker (HDI-1600), a center-channel loudspeaker (HDI-4500), and a powered subwoofer (HDI-1200) - all sold separately).
Controls: The JBL HDI-1200P offers a full complement of controls to tailor the performance for any given room or system configuration. Gain and Low Pass Crossover controls are provided along with a selectable Phase switch and single-band Parametric EQ controls.
- Gain Level: Use the gain level control to adjust the subwoofer's volume relative to the main speakers in your system.
- Low Pass Crossover: This control determines the highest frequency at which the subwoofer reproduces sound. The low pass crossover can be set between 50Hz and 150Hz.
- Phase Switch: The Phase switch determines whether the woofer's piston-like action moves in-and-out in phase or out of phase with the main speakers. The Phase switch can be set to 0 or 180 degrees.
- Single-Band EQ: The single-band parametric EQ includes variable controls to adjust Frequency (32-100Hz), Bandwidth (0.1-0.6 octaves), and EQ Level (-12 to +3dB) to tailor the sub's performance to your listening room.
Balanced (XLR) & Unbalanced (RCA) Inputs: The JBL HDI-1200P offers a choice of unbalanced stereo RCA and balanced stereo XLR inputs. Balanced XLR connections guard against induced noise and allow long cable runs without compromising sound quality. If your receiver or integrated amp has a single LFE or subwoofer output, then you can use either the Left or Right connection of the stereo RCA or XLR inputs. If your AV receiver has an LFE output, then set the HDI-1200P's low pass crossover to the "LFE" position and use the receiver's built-in low pass crossover settings.
Auto On/Off: When the "Auto On/Off" setting is enabled, the powered sub will automatically turn on when an audio signal is detected at the subwoofer's RCA or XLR inputs and turn off when no audio signal is detected after approximately 10 minutes.
12V Trigger Input/Output: The JBL HDI-1200P is equipped with a 12V Trigger input and output. Each input and output consists of a 3.5mm jack. When the sub's 12V Trigger input is connected to an AV receiver's or integrated amplifier's 12V Trigger output and senses a 5V-12V signal, the powered subwoofer will automatically turn on. I then automatically turns off when that same voltage signal is removed. The subwoofer's 12V Trigger output is used to connect and daisy-chain another HDI-1200P subwoofer, so both subs power on automatically at the same time.
Rubber or Spike Feet: The JBL HDI-1200P features integrated rubber feet and comes with adjustable spikes to isolate the powered subwoofer from your floor. The integrated rubber feet are ideal for hardwood, tile, laminate, and vinyl flooring. The adjustable spikes can be used on carpeted flooring.
- Dimensions With Rubber Feet: 16.8175" (w) x 18.875" (h) x 19.375" (d)
- Dimensions With Spike Feet: 16.8175" (w) x 19.0625" (h) x 19.375" (d)
Placement Options: Follow these guidelines when placing the subwoofer in your room. You may need to experiment with different placement options before you find the right one for your application.
- Placing the subwoofer along the same plane as the left and right speakers can produce the best integration between the sound of the subwoofer and that of the left and right speakers.
- Placing the subwoofer next to a wall generally will increase the amount of bass in the room
- Placing the subwoofer in a corner generally will maximize the amount of bass in the room. However, corner placement can make the bass sound to "boomy" or "muddy".
- The subwoofer can even be placed along the side or back walls in some system and room configuration
Note: Acoustic panels & treatments (sold separately - see Accessories list) can help reduce unwanted acoustical reflections, eliminate standing waves, tame chaotic reverberation, as well as decrease "slap-back" and "room-ring".