About the JBL Studio 630
Robust stand-mount speakers
Robust stand-mount speakers
JBL Studio 630 stand-mount speakers offer solid low end and accurate, well-defined highs. They can serve up dynamic, clear-sounding music in your dedicated stereo system, or you can add them to your home theater system as front left/right, surround, or rear speakers. Each speaker features a 6-1/2" PolyPlas® woofer in a ported enclosure for engaging midrange and deep bass, and a 1" horn-loaded tweeter with HDI (High Definition Imaging) waveguide technology that delivers detailed sound across a wide listening area.
We recommend placing them on a solid pair of speaker stands to bring them up to ideal listening height, and to isolate them so they don't produce any unwanted resonance.
Built on JBL's storied audio heritage
JBL famously pioneered horn-loaded compression drivers in speaker arrays at large concert venues — they're able to fill space with clear sound in a way a standard dome tweeter can't.
The cornerstone of the Studio 6 Series' distinctive sound is JBL's 1" compression driver mated to a High-Definition Imaging (HDI) horn. The proprietary design helps this speaker deliver crystal-clear high frequencies throughout your room.
Studio 630s don't come with speaker wire. Read our article about choosing and installing speaker wire.
Shop our selection of speaker wire.
- pair of two-way stand-mount speakers
- 6-1/2" PolyPlas® woofer in ported enclosure for engaging midrange and deep bass
- 1" compression driver with HDI (High Definition Imaging) waveguide technology for detailed sound across a wide listening area
- frequency response: 45-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- power handling: up to 150 watts
- binding post speaker terminals
- removable magnetic grilles
Dimensions and warranty:
- 9"W x 14-13/16"H x 11-5/16"D
- weight: 19.9 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLS630DKWS
What's in the box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- 8 Self-adhesive feet
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Card
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the JBL Studio 630
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Compression Horn|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Power Range||up to 150|
|Frequency Response||45-40k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||24-26|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
2-Way Driver Design: The JBL Studio 6 Series 630 is a bookshelf loudspeaker that utilizes a 2-way driver design, featuring JBL's 1" compression driver (2414H-1) mated to a High-Definition Imaging (HDI) horn and one 6.5" PolyPlas cone woofer.
- 1" HDI Compression Driver: The Studio 630 features a horn-loaded 1" high-frequency compression driver with a High-Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide for exceptional clarity and precision detail.
- 6.5" PolyPlas Cone Woofer: The bookshelf speaker houses one 6.5" long-throw woofer with a PolyPlas cone and rubber bookshelf for high output, high excursions, and extended bass response. The PolyPlas cone is ribbed for improved strength that helps deliver richer and more articulate bass with low distortion.
Bass Reflex (Ported) Enclosure: The JBL Studio 6 Series bookshelf speaker features a bass reflex (ported) enclosure with a rear-firing port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. A cloth grille attaches magnetically to the front of the speaker enclosure.
Binging Post Terminals: The JBL Studio 630 bookshelf loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of binding-post terminals that will accept bare wire (16-12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana-plugs (single or dual).
Mounting & Placement Options: The JBL Studio 630 can simply be placed on a stand (sold separately - see Accessories Tab), shelf, tabletop, or other stable flat surface. The included felt pads help to isolate the speaker from the mounting surface and protect your furniture (the feet add approximately 0.0625" to the overall height of the speaker). The Studio 630 bookshelf speaker can be used in a 2ch stereo application, or in a multichannel home theater setup as front, surround, and/or surround back channels.
- In a 2ch stereo setup or as front speakers in a home theater application, a pair of speakers should be spaced 6' to 10' apart and form an equilateral triangle with the main listening position. The speakers should sit approximately at ear level in your main seated listening position. Angling the speakers toward the listening position can improve stereo imagining. The speakers will produce the most accurate stereo soundstage when the angle between the listener and speaker is between 40 and 60 degrees. Generally, bass output will increase as the speaker is moved closer to wall or corner. For best performance, it is recommended that you place the speaker at least 20" away from the side wall.
- When you use a pair of speakers as surround channels in a home theater system, place them on the side walls slightly behind the listening position, facing each other. An alternate location would be on the back wall behind the listening position, facing forward and 3' to 6' apart. Ideally, the surround speakers should be 3' to 4' above the floor, if possible.
Note: The Studio 630 does not include brackets, keyholes, or inserts to wall-mount the bookshelf speaker.
Studio 6 Series: The Studio 6 Series delivers JBL's big dynamic sound with crisp highs, detailed midrange, and powerful bass for high-fidelity sound. The Studio 6 Series from JBL consists of three floorstanding speakers, two bookshelf speakers, two center-channel speakers, an on-wall surround speaker, a variety of architectural speakers, and two powered subwoofers.