About the JBL Stage 260CSA
An angled baffle for aiming your sound
An angled baffle for aiming your sound
Conventional in-ceiling speakers fire straight down. While that works well in some cases, in others the speakers may lack the directionality required to give you the best sound. JBL's new Stage 260CSA in-ceiling speaker uses an angled baffle that lets you aim the sound towards your listening position even if the speaker is off-axis. It delivers exceptional performance in both two-channel music systems and home theater setups.
The 260CSA has a 1" aluminum dome tweeter with an acoustic lens that dishes out sparkly, clear highs. A 6-1/2" polycellulose woofer delivers smooth mids and bass. The drivers are set inside an angled, acoustically optimized baffle to aim the speaker's sound and to reduce diffraction and other types of sound-muddying distortion.
Designed for easier installation in your ceiling
This speaker uses JBL's XL-2 installation system. The rear legs can attach to ceilings up to 2" thick, giving you plenty of versatility when it comes to placement. Once installed, the included metal, zero-bezel grille seamlessly hides the speaker inside your ceiling.
Most speakers don't include any. Learn more about in-wall wiring.
Shop our selection of in-wall speaker wire.
- 6-1/2" polycellulose woofer
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter with acoustic lens and waveguide
- angled, acoustically optimized baffle
- frequency response: 50-25,000 Hz (-6dB)
- power handling: up to 100 watts RMS
- impedance: 8 ohms
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- cutout size: 8-5/8"W x 8-5/8"H
- overall size with grille: 9-7/8"W x 9-7/8"H
- mounting depth: 4-7/8"
- discreet, zero-bezel grille
- nickel-plated spring-loaded speaker wire connectors
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBL260CSA
What's in the box:
JBL Stage 260CSA owner's manual
- In-ceiling loudspeaker
- Cut-Out Template
- Quick Start Guide
JBL Stage 260CSA reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the JBL Stage 260CSA
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Outdoor (Partial Exposure)||No|
|Outdoor (Full Exposure)||No|
|Power Range (Watts)||20-100|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Angled Baffle Design: The angled design of the JBL Stage 2 Series 260CSA in-ceililing loudspeaker allows for accurate aiming of it 6.5" polycellulose cone woofer and 1" aluminum dome tweeter towards the listening area for a more accurate soundstage.
2-Way Driver Configuration: The JBL Stage 2 Series 260CSA in-ceiling loudspeaker employs a 2-way driver design featuring a 1" aluminum dome tweeter with an acoustic lens and HDI waveguide, plus a 6.5" ribbed polycellulose woofer with rubber surround for dynamic, full-range sound.
- 1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter with Acoustic Lens & Waveguide: The JBL Stage 260CSA in-ceiling speaker features a 1" aluminum dome tweeter with an acoustic lens and High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide for lifelike high frequencies with clarity & accuracy.
- 6.5" Polycellulose Woofer with Rubber Surround: The JBL Stage 2 Series in-ceiling loudspeaker houses a 6.5" ribbed polycellulose woofer with rubber surround that deliver deep, signature JBL bass performance. The polycellulose woofer is ribbed for improved strength that delivers more accurate bass with less distortion.
High-Quality Crossover Network: The JBL Stage 2 Series 260CSA incorporates a high-quality crossover network that features premium air-core inductors and mylar cap capacitor crossover network components to ensure that sound remains dynamic at all listening levels.
Spring Post Terminals: The JBL Stage 2 Series in-ceiling loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of nickel-plate spring-post terminals to attach your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals will accommodate bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual).
- For wire lengths of less than 50', use at least 16-gauge speaker wire.
- For wire lengths between 50' and 100', use at least 14-gauge speaker wire.
- For wire lengths of greater than 100', use at least 12-gauge speaker wire.
Note: Your speaker wire must comply with all local building and safety codes for use in in-ceiling applications.
Zero-Bezel Profile: The JBL Stage 2 260CSA in-ceiling speaker features a visually discrete zero-bezel profile that blends into almost any room. The included square grille attaches magnetically and is paintable. The grille only protrude 0.375" from the ceiling.
In-Ceiling Installation: The Stage 2 Series in-ceiling speaker utilizes JBL's XL-2 bracket system that is suitable for installation in drywall, plywood, and other ceiling material that is 0.5" to 1.75" thick. The XL-2 bracket system's special mechanical grip design minimizes vibration and improves sound reproduction.
- The Stage 2 in-ceiling speaker requires a square cutout that measures 8.625" (w) x 8.625" (h) x 4.875" (d). The outer dimensions of the speaker 9.875" (w) x 9.875" (w) x 0.375" (d).
- Make sure to allow at least 0.75" between the edge of the cutout and any obstructions behind the ceiling, so the speaker's locking mechanism will have room to engage fully.
- Perform an obstruction survey to be sure that there are no studs, lengths of conduit, pipes, heating ducts or air returns in the ceiling cavity that will interfere with the speaker.
Applications & Placement: The JBL Stage 2 Series 260CSA in-ceiling loudspeaker is the perfect choice for whole-house audio, 2ch music, and home theater applications. The Stage 2 260CSA can act as a Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back, or Top speaker in a home theater setup. Follow these guideline for placement -
- Distributed Audio: Since distributed sound is general sound throughout an area, place the loudspeakers as uniformly as possible for even sound coverage throughout the area. Place the left and right loudspeakers roughly the same distance from the primary listener locations. To avoid "hot spots" where the sound is too loud, plan to use more loudspeakers, with each set to play at a lower volume.
- 2Ch Stereo: Place the left and right loudspeakers the same distance from the primary listening area (or as close to the same distance as possible). The distance from each speaker to its nearest side ceiling should also be as close to the same distance as possible. Ideally, the distance between the left and right loudspeakers should be slightly less than their distance from the primary listening area.
- Home Theater: The front left and front right loudspeakers should be located on either side of the video display. The center loudspeaker should be aligned with the center of the video display. The surround left and surround right loudspeakers should be located to the sides of the main listening area, while the the surround back left and surround back right loudspeakers should be located behind the listening area. Top speakers can be located overhead in the front, middle, or rear of main listening area.