About the Jensen CM901MIR
Built for your smartphone
Built for your smartphone
Nowadays smartphones have brought convenience and portability to almost everyone. You can stream music and other content from the internet, play your own music files, plus connect to other devices via Bluetooth. Jensen's CM901MIR digital multimedia receiver provides you with an expansive 9” screen to let you enjoy these features in your car.
The 5-way adjustable screen lets you set the perfect view.
Jensen's equipped the CM901MIR with phone mirroring for Apple and Android devices. Connect your phone via USB and you'll see your smartphone's display on the receiver. The adjustable 9" touchscreen display can be swiveled, tilted, and pivoted for the optimal viewing angle. It's great for watching video content when you're parked, and also serves as a monitor for optional backup cameras.
Check your dash!
Important Note — The screen measures 9.115" x 6.075". Before ordering, check for possible interference with your dash, your shifter, and all other controls.
A dedicated push-to-talk on the face of the receiver activates Siri and Google Assistant for voice control of your phone. The CM901MIR's built-in Bluetooth wireless technology adds the convenience you've come to expect. You'll be able to access your phonebook and make hands-free calls, plus stream music complete with artist information.
Connect it and tune it!
You can connect and charge a smartphone or access media on thumb drives with the front-mounted USB port. Three sets of high-voltage preamp outputs let you add amplifiers to power your speakers and subs. It's simple to adjust your sound on the fly with the graphic EQ's user-definable preset and seven preset curves, and the tuner's 30 presets let you store a whole city's worth of favorite stations.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play discs)
- 9" LCD touchscreen display
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- USB screen mirroring with Apple or Android phones
- Audio Mix allows additional audio source playback while in mirroring mode
- push-to-talk button for smartphone assistant
- MP3, MP4, Xvid, and FLAC file playback via USB
- 8 preset EQ curves
- inputs: front USB input, rear A/V input (RCA), back-up camera
- outputs: 6-channel preamp (4-volt front, rear, sub)
- Important Note — Monitor dimensions are 9.115" x 6.075". Before ordering, check for possible interference with your dash and controls.
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp: 16 watts RMS x 4 channels (50 watts peak)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # CM901MIR
What's in the box:
- 9" Touchscreen monitor. Source unit (15A fuse)
- Mounting sleeve (pre-installed)
- Wiring harness
- AV/Preout harness
- Microphone with visor-clip (attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male mono-minijack connector)
- Self-adhesive bracket
- 6 Panel covers
- 5 Top-mounting screws
- 4 LCD mounting screws
- 4 ISO-screws
- Rear-support stud
- 2 Lock-washers
- 2 Removal tools
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation Guide
- Operating Guide
Customer reviews for Jensen CM901MIR
Average review:3.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jensen CM901MIR
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||RCA (rear)|
|USB Port Power||1.5A|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|iPhone||5S and newer|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||16 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||N|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Screen Type||Basic (Resistive)|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||10 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, FLAC|
Simple Intuitive Control
9" Touchscreen Monitor: The Jensen CM901MIR includes a large 9" touchscreen LCD monitor with LED backlit and a resolution of 1,152,000. The large display is easy to see and navigate. The large touchscreen display maximizes your driving experience by making it easy to navigate and manage your music and apps effortlessly with the utmost convenience. The 9" capacitive monitor attaches and plugs into the front of the CM901MIR's separate source unit which mounts in a standard 2" single-DIN opening in a variety of vehicles.
- Angle & Position Adjustment: The touchscreen monitor is adjustable allowing you dial it in to the perfect angle and position for your particular installation application. The included hardware locks the screen at the customized angle prior to final installation. The screen angle can pivot side-to-side (+ or - 12 degrees), as well as tilt forward and back (+ or - 25 degrees). The mounting height of the screen can be adjusted up and down (0" to 1.5"), while the mounting depth of the screen can be adjusted forward or backward (0", 0.5", or 1"). You can even position the screen in either a landscape (horizontal) or portrait (vertical) orientation when mirroring your Apple iOS or Android device via USB. The 9" touchscreen monitor measures 9.115" (w) x 6.075" (h) x 1.565" (d).
- Brightness & Dimmer: You can manually adjust the touchscreen monitor's brightness level (0-20). You can set the LCD monitor's dimmer mode to Auto, Day, or Night. The Day mode brightens the display, while the Night mode dims the display. Auto mode changes the brightness level from Day or Night automatically when you turn on and off your vehicle's headlights. The orange illumination wire of the harness must be connected to your vehicle's headlamp circuit.
- Parking Brake Detection: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video or mirrored source on the touchscreen monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video or a mirrored source, the pink parking brake wire of the harness must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged. The parking brake wire must also be connected and the parking brake engaged for certain setup functions and menu options. While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view most of the head unit's menu screens/settings; as well as source information, metadata, and album artwork.
Single-DIN Source Unit: The included source unit fits in a standard 2" single-DIN opening (applicable kit, harness, etc. will be required and sold separately for your vehicle). Once the source unit is mounted in the dash, the 9" touchscreen monitor attaches and plugs into the front of the source unit using the integrated wiring harness and included hardware. All of the CM901MIR's inputs and outputs are found on the rear-panel of the source unit, except for a USB-A 2.0 port that is located on the side of the 9" touchscreen monitor.
Note: The Jensen CM901MIR will not fit in some vehicles with a standard 2" single-DIN opening due to its large 9" touchscreen monitor interfering with your vehicle's factory equipment on the dash.
Hard-Key Controls: In addition to its 9" touchscreen, the Jensen CM901MIR offers front-panel hard-key controls that consist of a 3-way rotary knob and 4 push-buttons that operate frequently used functions such as Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Source Selection, Voice Commands, and Menu.
Push-To-Talk Voice Assistant: When connected via Bluetooth to an iPhone with Siri or Android smartphone with Google Assistant or Bixby, you can access the mobile device's digital voice assistant through the Jensen receiver by pressing the "Push-to-Talk" button on the front-panel. You'll speak your command into the head unit's front-panel microphone and the digital voice assistant will be heard through your vehicle's speakers (music playback will be attenuated). Compatible digital voice assistant functions include hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, and more. You'll be able to ask your digital voice assistant get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your compatible smartphone. The head unit's audio is attenuated while the digital voice assistant provides voice prompts.
J-Link Smart Remote App: The J-Link Smart Remote app (for Apple iOS 9.1+ and Android OS 5.0-13.0) lets you use your compatible smartphone or tablet device like a wireless remote control for the Jensen CM901MIR. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device will need to be wirelessly connected to the digital multimedia receiver via Bluetooth. Control functions include -
- Power On/Off
- Volume Up/Down
- Source Selection
- Playback & Tuning
- Audio Settings
Optional Steering Wheel Controls: The head unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input which lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel control adapter from PAC or Metra (see Accessories tab).
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation (this can be turned On or Off).
Bluetooth Technology: The Jensen CM901MIR is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 4.1+EDR, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles -
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Hands-Free Communication: The CM901MIR supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen and carry on a phone conversation hands-free. The included external microphone carries on your side of the conversation, while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can increase or decrease the volume level of a call, using the head unit's rotary knob on the front panel. You can also transfer calls between the receiver and your Bluetooth enabled phone.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's phone number or assigned contact name will be seen on the unit's LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen. You can also set the unit to automatically answer an incoming call within 5 seconds. Any audio playback will be muted during a call. You can even reject an incoming call using the CM901MIR, so the call will revert to your phone's voice mail.
- Making A Call: You can make a call using the Jensen in-dash head unit's touchscreen controls. Outgoing calls can be made be entering telephone numbers directly via the head unit's touchscreen keypad. You can also make a call from your phone's transferred phonebook (manually transferred) using the Jensen's CM901MIR touchscreen. In addition, you can use the receiver's call log (which consists of dialed numbers, received call, and missed calls) to make a call from the CM901MIR's touchscreen. If your phone supports voice recognition, you can even use your voice to dial a number from your contacts.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Jensen CM901MIR allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or audio player. You can control basic music playback functions (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) from the CM901MIR. Advanced music navigation will still need to be done through your Bluetooth mobile device. This unit will also display song/artist information (no album art) from a connected Bluetooth audio device. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Mirroring & USB Playback
USB Screen Mirroring: Through the USB port (located on the side of the touchscreen monitor) and a Bluetooth connection, the Jensen CM901MIR can mirror the screen of your Apple iPhone (iOS 12.1+) with Lightning connector or Android smartphone (OS 4.4+) on its 7" LCD touchscreen monitor. You'll also be able to hear audio from your mirrored device through your car speakers. USB Mirroring allows you to integrate your favorite apps with the Jensen receiver. Enjoy entertainment apps and more through the Jensen CM901MIR. You can even position the screen in either a landscape (horizontal) or portrait (vertical) orientation when mirroring your mobile device. The Jensen receiver does not offer touchscreen control of your mobile device; you will continue to use your mobile device's touchscreen for control.
- Apple iOS Device Setup: Press the USB Mirroring source icon on the receiver's touchscreen. Connect your iPhone to the head unit's rear-panel USB. You will then see a prompt on your iPhone's screen to "trust" the connected device. Tap on the "trust" button. You will need to perform this procedure every time you connect your iPhone device.
- Android Device Setup: Press the USB Mirroring source icon on the receiver's touchscreen. Connect your Android smartphone via Bluetooth first and then connect to the head unit's rear-panel USB. You will be prompted to download a proprietary app that must be installed on your Android phone. The app will take you through a variety of prompts that will need to be accepted. Once you've completed the installation of the app, you'll need to tap the "re-connect" button on the receiver's touchscreen to start mirroring your phone's screen. You will need to perform this procedure every time you connect your Android device.
- USB Mirroring requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake be fully engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire within the wiring harness of the Jensen receiver to your vehicle's parking brake circuit.
- Initial setup, connection, and installation of the USB Mirror feature does require that your vehicle's parking brake be engaged. The pink wire of the radio's harness must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake circuit and your vehicle's Parking Brake must be engaged to begin setup and connection of the USB Mirror feature.
- Apple iOS and Android OS updates may cause the USB Screen Mirroring feature to not function properly. Make sure the Jensen CM901MIR has the latest firmware update installed. Firmware updates for the CM901MIR can be found on Jensen's mobile website and downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive for installation.
USB MSC Playback: The USB port (located on the side of the touchscreen monitor) can also be used to connect a USB MSC (mass storage class device), such as a USB thumbdrive up to 64GB. The CM901MIR supports playback of MP3 (up to 320kbps) and FLAC (up to 48kHz) music files, as well MP4 and Xvid video files. The unit will recognize up to 2000 files, 200 folders, and 2000 files per folder on a USB MSC device formatted in FAT 16 or FAT 32.
- Control: The CM901MIR provides various playback & search functions that include Folder/File List, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat.
- Display: The CM901MIR will display artist name, song title and album title (including album art). It also displays the elapsed playing time of a song or track.
- Charging: The USB port (5V/1.5A) will also charge USB enabled devices, such as your smartphone and smaller tablets.
Audio & Tuner Section
CTA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the CM901MIR are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
- CTA2006 Specs: 16 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
4V/6Ch Preamp Outputs + Subwoofer Control: The Jensen CM901MIR is outfitted with six 4.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Sub). The front and rear channels are fading, while the subwoofer output is non-fading with a separate level control (-6 to +6). The subwoofer output does not have a built-in low-pass crossover. You'll need to use a subwoofer amplifier that has its own low-pass crossover filter.
Equalizer: The Jensen CM901MIR features a built-in Equalizer with an 8-band graphic EQ and 8 EQ presets. The 8 EQ presets consist of Pop, Rock, Jazz, Classical, Electric, Flat (default), Soft, and User. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the 8-band graphic EQ (20, 60, 150, 400, 1k, 3k, 7k, 15k Hz) from -12 to +12dB.
Time Alignment: Built-in Time Alignment allows you to adjust the delay and distance between the front and rear speakers, as well the subwoofer to the seated listening positions in the vehicle. You can save 3 custom user Time Alignment profiles.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at lower volume.
Audio Mix: The Audio Mix features lets you listen to other sources (such as the AM/FM Radio, a microSD card, or Aux input) while mirroring your compatible Apple iOS or Android device via a USB and Bluetooth connection.
AM/FM Tuner: The head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. The unit features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands with the capability of storing 6 presets for each band giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (30 total). You can also automatically store the six strongest stations in your area inside the current selected band. The unit's tuner also is equipped with a Seek mode that when used with the Local function, only allows radio stations with a strong local radio signals to be played.
Note: The tuner features selectable North America and European tuning.
AV + Camera Connectivity
AV Input: The Jensen CM901MIR digital media receiver features a rear-panel AV input which consists of a composite video jack and stereo RCA jacks for connecting an external audio/video source, such as a DVD player or game console.
Note: The Jensen CM901MIR does not offer an audio/video output.
Rearview Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional rear view camera (sold separately - see Accessories tab) in order to display the area behind your vehicle on the head unit's touchscreen. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (purple/white wire of harness must be connected to the reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.9 seconds. The unit offers a 12V/0.5A accessory power and ground lead to supply power to your optional backup camera once the vehicle's reverse gear is detected.
Note: The rearview camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rearview camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rearview camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
9 questions already asked