About the Metra 99-9005
Want to protect the expensive in-dash receiver you installed in your boat? Metra's universal marine receiver cover is a hinged, tinted shield that protects any single-DIN (or 2-shaft) radio from sun, salt, and spray! This rugged cover is also a great option for Jeep or convertible owners.Details:
- plastic cover with hinged tinted window
- available in Black or White
- spring-loaded latch
- heavy-duty hinges
- foam and rubber gaskets protect receiver from water
- tabs hold 2-shaft radios or can be removed for DIN-style radios
- 30-day warranty
Customer reviews for Metra 99-9005
Average review:3.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra 99-9005
Overview: The Universal water-resistant radio cover protects your car stereo receiver in marine applications (or open off-road vehicles). The kit allows you to install most DIN or 2-shaft receivers. No special tools are required to install the cover.
Note: Installing a DIN receiver requires cutting the shaft cups from the frame.
Hinged Cover: The kit features an Accu-view tinted hinged cover with a spring-loaded latch. The heavy-duty hinged cover is supported by dual springs which support the cover while it's open.
Water Resistance: The kit is equipped with a foam gasket to protect the receiver from water seeping in from around the frame. Also, the outer frame has a rubber ring gasket around the receiver opening to protect the face plate from water entering from around the closed cover.
Dimensions: The cover has the following dimensions:
- Outer Dimensions: W=8.948", H=4.206", D=1.909" (D=4.172" with cover open)
- Internal Cover Dimensions: W=7.5" H=2.36" (maximum allowable space for receiver's trim ring)
- Internal Depth: 1.465" (maximum receiver nose depth allowable)
- Sleeve Opening: W=7.17" H=2.08" (allowable space for receiver's DIN sleeve or chassis--some slight filing to kit opening may be required)
1 question already asked