About the Technics EAH-A800
Classic Technics sound with the latest headphone conveniences
The premium Technics EAH-A800 noise-canceling headphones feature the newer Bluetooth version 5.2 for playing music wirelessly.
Classic Technics sound with the latest headphone conveniences
Going back decades and decades, Technics turntables have been a top choice for both discerning listeners and professional DJs alike. So I fully expected their EAH-A800 noise-canceling headphones to deliver in terms of sound. But I'm also impressed with the cutting-edge features offered here — including nearly the longest battery life I've seen yet.
Active noise-canceling circuitry knocks out distractions, keeping you locked into the smooth, layered sound. And on a full charge, you get up to 50 hours of music playback with noise cancellation. That's currently the highest or second highest for the noise-canceling category.
"Free Edge" driver design for strong, smoothly detailed sound
Large dynamic drivers are suspended within a baffle system to significantly lower resonances. Each diaphragm is are made up of three layers of rigid, lightweight polyurethane for smooth, even sound. Technics tuned the drivers to deliver healthy, clear mids and vocals, detailed highs, and tight, potent bass.
Strong, reliable Bluetooth and easy switching
Music plays wirelessly via Bluetooth version 5.2, a strong, more reliable version of Bluetooth. That means a more stable connection for playing music and podcasts — or making calls — with your phone. And you can pair to two devices at the same time — an office game-changer! For example, if you're connected to both your laptop and phone, it's much easier to toggle back and forth between a Zoom meeting and music or calls.
Technics also has Sony's LDAC technology on-board, which allows the wireless signal to retain more musical detail from a Sony High-res Walkman or compatible device.
The 3D-printed ear pads are ergonomically sculpted to avoid pressure points.
Easy controls and clear calls
You have touch control over noise cancellation, and there are tactile buttons on the right earcup for controlling music, volume, and calls. A built-in microphone system keeps calls sounding clear and crisp. Technic strategically placed a series of eight beam-forming mics around the ear cups to help eliminate wind and background noises.
Stay aware when you're out and about
When you need to be aware of your surroundings, you can turn off the active noise cancellation and activate "Transparent" Mode. This uses the built-in mic to increase the volume of ambient sounds, so you can hear what's going on around you. "Attention" mode boosts speech by filtering out other noises, so you can more clearly hear conversations or directions.
(Another nifty touch: the headphones will automatically pause your music when you remove them. Then they'll resume playing when you put them back on.)
Adjust the sound and noise cancellation with the free mobile app
For more noise-canceling control, download the free Technics Audio Connect app to your Apple® or Android™ device. It lets you further dial in the level of noise cancellation. You can also tweak the out-of-the-box sound. Choose from sound setting presets or adjust the EQ manually.
- closed-back, over-the-ear headphones
- Bluetooth 5.2 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- high-quality LDAC audio streaming with compatible device
- multi-point connection for pairing to two devices at once
- active noise-canceling circuitry to minimize external noise
- Transparent mode allows in external sounds to keep you better aware of your surroundings
- Attention mode filters out noise to focus on speech, so you can better hear conversations or announcements
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 50 hours of wireless use with noise cancellation (60 hours without)
- 15-minute quick charge provides enough power for 10 hours of listening
- 40mm dynamic drivers with "Free Edge" diaphragm
- lightweight, rigid diaphragms for a smooth presentation across a wide frequency range
- tuned for spacious sound with clear vocals and strong, clean bass
Easy controls and mobile app:
- touch controls and dedicated buttons for music, calls, and volume
- eight-mic system with echo-cancellation for clear, hands-free calls
- music automatically pauses when headphones are removed
- Technics Audio Connect app lets you manually adjust noise cancellation and sound
- free download for Apple® and Android™ devices
- access Alexa or Siri voice control
- requires one-time setup through the app
- built-in sensor pauses music when you remove headphones
General info and specs:
- premium build with stable, secure fit
- 3D-shaped memory foam for ergonomic fit
- includes USB-A to USB-C cable for charging
- 40" audio cable with 3.5mm plug for wired use
- portable folding design with carrying case included
- frequency response: 4-40,000 Hz
- weight: 10.5 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # EAH-A800-S
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones (silver)
- 42" Audio cable (Straight 3.5mm plug on one end and right-angled 3.5mm plug on other end)
- Airline adapter (single female 3.5mm-to-dual male 3.5mm plug)
- 21" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Zippered storage case
- Owner's Manual pdf sheet
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Card
- Listening Experience statement
Customer reviews for Technics EAH-A800
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Technics EAH-A800
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.2" x 3.933"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||4-40k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Technics EAH-A800 over-ear wireless headphones combine Technics' legendary sound and performance with exceptional comfort and elegant style. The headphones feature Bluetooth 5.2 with multipoint pairing, Active Noise Cancelling, and long battery life. Eight high-performance MEMS microphones are built-in for cancelling noise and enhancing speech. The EAH-A800 comes with audio and charging cables, airplane adapter, and a zippered storage case. The headphones come in black and silver.
Drivers: The EAH-A800s are equipped with 40mm PEEK/Polyurethane 3-layer diaphragm drivers that offer a wide frequency response up to 40kHz. You can listen to your Hi-Res digital audio files while plugged in (using the included audio cable), or wirelessly (via the LDAC codec), hearing your music the way the artist intended.
Ear Pads/Headband: The headphones have soft-cushioned ear pads that distribute the pressure evenly around your ear while creating a seal to reduce ambient noise. The padded headband reduces the pressure across the crown of your head, allowing you to listen for hours without fatigue.
Bluetooth 5.2: The headphones feature Bluetooth 5.2, the latest version of the wireless technology. Bluetooth Multipoint technology allows you to connect to two Bluetooth devices at the same time. That means you can wirelessly listen to your music on your laptop and take an incoming call on your cellphone when it comes in. The headphones support A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, and HFP profiles, as well as SBC, AAC, and LDAC codecs. The LDAC codec, developed by Sony, elevates your wireless listening experience to include Hi-Res audio delivered in 96kHz/24-bit clarity. When you can't (or don't want to) listen wirelessly, you can connect to your music source using the included audio cable. An airline adapter (female 3.5mm jack-to-dual male 3.5mm plugs) is included for listening to onboard entertainment during your flight.
Voice Microphones: The headphones' 4-mic Beamforming and Noise Suppression technology makes your phone calls clear and noise-free. The two main and two sub microphones actively capture your voice while reducing surrounding noise and reducing wind noise.
Active Noise Cancelling: The EAH-A800's Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) utilizes Dual Hybrid Feed-Forward and Feed-Back microphones for picking up ambient noise. When ANC is active, the ambient noise is cancelled by mixing in an equal-but-opposite audio signal. A Transparent Mode captures voices and other surrounding sounds and feeds them into the headphones so you can hear external sounds as if you're not wearing headphones at all. A touch sensor on the outside of the right ear cup lets you switch between Noise Cancelling and Ambient Sound with a double-tap. You can customize the levels of the Noise Cancelling and Ambient Sound features using the Technics Audio Connect App.
Onboard Controls: On the back of the right ear cup are onboard audio and phone controls: a multi-function button and two volume controls (+ and -). In addition to raising or lowering the volume with the outer buttons, you can control audio playback (play/pause, next track, start current track over, fast forward, or fast rewind) or phone calls (answer, reject, end call). You can also use the multi-function button to activate Siri or Amazon Alexa voice assistants.
Technics Audio Connect App: The Technics Audio Connect App adds extra convenience for connecting and configuring the EAH-A800 headphones. The app shows you the charging status of your headphones at a glance. With your fingertips, you can dial in just the right amount of noise cancelling or ambient sound from 0% to 100%. The app also has a 5-band EQ with preset EQ curves to tailor the sound of the headphones to your particular taste. If a headphone update is available, it can be downloaded in the app and loaded to the headphones wirelessly. The Audio Connect App is available from the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 11.0 or later. The app is also available from Google Play for Android devices 5.0 and up.
Wearing Sensor: The headphones have a wearing sensor that automatically stops the music playback if they are removed from your head. When you put them back on, the music automatically resumes. To save battery power, the headphones will automatically shut off if they are not put back on within 60 minutes.
Power: The Technics EAH-A800 is powered by a 3.7-volt rechargeable Lithium polymer battery. The battery charges in approximately 3 hours via a 5V USB power source of 1200mA or higher using the included USB cable. A 15-minute quick charge provide approximately 10 hours of playback time (Noise Cancelling ON, Codec AAC). Standby Time is approximately 120 hours with Noise Cancelling off and 60 hours with NC on. Fully charged playback time varies according to the selected codec and noise cancelling:
|Codec Selected||Noise Cancelling||Approx. Playback Time|
|AAC or SBC||ON||50 hours|
- Frequency Response (Power On): 4 Hz - 40kHz
- Impedance: 34Ω
- Sensitivity: 105 dB/mW (1 kHz)
- Temperature Ranges:
- Operating: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Charging: 50°F to 95°F (10°C to 35°C)
- Humidity Range: 35% to 80% RH (no condensation)
- Ear Cup Dimensions:
- Exterior: Width 3.2", Height 3.933", Depth 2.216"
- Interior: Width 1.597", Height 2.332", Depth 0.851"
- Weight: 10.5 ounces (10.95 ounces with audio cable)