About the JL Audio C2-525
I've installed enough car speakers to know that if you're going through the effort of taking off your door panels and creating tweeter locations, you'll want to choose a well-built speaker system that's going to live a long life in your car. Well, you've landed on the right page — this JL Audio C2-525 component speaker system is about as sturdily built and smooth-sounding as it gets for the price.
Powerful woofers for satisfying sound
Framed by a stamped steel basket, the 5-1/4" mineral-filled polypropylene woofer delivers the low frequencies reliably play after play, giving a solid foundation to your favorite music. The butyl rubber surround supports a cone that's designed for extra excursion, giving extended low-frequency response.
Silk tweeters and versatile crossover networks
The C2 3/4" silk dome tweeters gracefully handle the high-frequencies, broadcasting crisp musical detail evenly and without harshness. JL Audio includes surface- and flush-mount hardware so you'll be able to install the tweeters in the best possible location in your vehicle. Separate crossovers use premium components to direct the signal flow to your woofers and tweeters, and you can select from the three levels of tweeter attenuation to match the speaker system to your listening environment.
Installation note: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install the tweeters in the factory locations.
- component speaker system includes two 5-1/4" woofers, 2 tweeters, two external crossovers, and two woofer grilles
- mineral-filled polypropylene woofer with butyl rubber surround
- 2-way external crossover with adjustments for coaxial or separate tweeter placement, and 4-position tweeter level
- 3/4" silk dome tweeter
- tweeter mounting gear included
- frequency response: 63-22,000 Hz
- handles up to 60 watts RMS (225 watts peak power)
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- woofer mounting depth: 2-1/2"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # 99620
What's in the box:
- 2 C2-525cw Woofers
- 2 C2-075ct Tweeters (with 6" wires attached)
- 2 C2-525-XO Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Self-adhesive JL Audio badges
- 2 Flush mount tweeter housings
- 2 Surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Metal spring clips for tweeter fixtures
- 2 M4x30mm Pan-head machine screws
- 2 Crimp-on 0.187" Male quick slides
- 2 Crimp-on 0.110" Male quick slides
- 2 Crimp-on 0.205" Female quick slides
- 2 Crimp-on 0.110" Female quick slides
- Four 7/8" Flat head self-tapping screws
- Twelve 1-1/8" Pan head self-tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- 12 Crimp-on spade connectors (0.25" wide)
- Owner's Manual
- Woofer cutout template
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Customer reviews for JL Audio C2-525
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio C2-525
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||5 1/4|
|Tweeter Design||3/4" Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Mica-filled Polypropylene|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||89|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||92|
|Frequency Response||63 - 22k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||15|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||60|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||225|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 9/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 9/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.213|
Woofers: The JL Audio Evolution C2-525 component speakers feature 5¼" injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone woofers with butyl rubber surround. The woofer has a 1.0" voice coil on a Kapton Former, a flat symmetrical roll spider, and a Ferrite magnet.
Tweeters: The component set features ¾" silk dome, ferrofluid-cooled tweeters with a neodymium magnet. Silk is lightweight and great for high frequency extension and efficiency. It is also designed for durability in the extreme automotive environment. Flush and surface tweeter mounting brackets are included.
|Frame Diameter||Cutout Diameter||Mounting Height||Mounting Depth|
|Surface Mount||1.692"||Screw holes only||0.939"||Screw depth only|
Two-way Crossover System: The C2 component system utilizes a true 2-way crossover system with Mylar capacitors and air-core inductors:
- High Pass: second order (12 dB/octave slope); three tweeter level settings are selectable via jumper pins: +2.0 dB, Reference, and -3.0 dB
- Low Pass: first order (6 dB/octave slope)
Tweeter Protection: The crossover network has an electronic tweeter protection circuit built in; it monitors the current and disconnects the tweeter when it senses and overload. The circuit automatically resets once the overload is removed.
Crossover Wiring: The terminal strip will accept bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.31" wide.
- Width: 3.365"
- Height: 1.445"
- Depth: 4.732" (plus wire)
Connection Note: The C2 component system comes with no speaker wire. Instead, a number of spade connectors and quick slides are included in the hardware pack to be crimped onto speaker wire you provide.
Power Handling: JL Audio publishes several power specifications for this speaker system, 60 watts continuous power handling (RMS), 225 watts peak music power, and 15-100 watts recommended amplifier power (RMS). We've listed the conservative combination of 15-60 watts RMS in the specs table.
7 questions already asked