About the Sennheiser AMBEO | Sub
Boost your AMBEO bar's bass
Boost your AMBEO bar's bass
Sennheiser's AMBEO Max and AMBEO Plus sound bars each feature built-in subwoofers to give you impactful low-end, especially for a sound bar. But you can never have too much bass! The Sennheiser AMBEO Sub was specifically designed to complement the AMBEO bars with deep rumble that helps you feel the action onscreen.
This compact subwoofer features an 8" woofer powered by a 350-watt Class D amplifier. And it easily integrates into the AMBEO system. A built-in microphone lets the sound bar take advantage of AMBEO's impressive auto-calibration technology, matching the bass to your room. And you can control the sub with the same app you use to control your AMBEO sound bar.
The AMBEO Sub can make a wireless connection to the AMBEO Plus for easy placement (AC power required). But it features a mono-RCA subwoofer input if you prefer a more traditional wired setup. If you're connecting to the AMBEO Max, you'll need to go with a wired setup and use this sub input because the Max does not support a wireless connection. (Subwoofer cable sold separately.)
For folks who are all about that bass, you can even sync up to four AMBEO Subs to an AMBEO Plus for maximum low-end impact.
- designed to work with the Sennheiser AMBEO Max and AMBEO Plus sound bars (sold separately)
- wirelessly sync up to four AMBEO Subs to an AMBEO Plus sound bar
- connect one sub using a wired connection with the AMBEO Max sound bar
- 8" long-throw woofer powered by a 350-watt Class D amplifier
- sealed (acoustic suspension) enclosure
- built-in microphone works with AMBEO sound bar's auto-room calibration technology
- control sub with Sennheiser Smart Control App
- mono-RCA subwoofer input (cable not included)
- 10-5/8"W x 14-7/16"H x 10-5/8"D
- weight: 18 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # 700151 SW02 Black-US
What's in the box:
- Wireless powered sub
- 6' AC power cord
- Quick Guide
- Safety Guide
- Compliance Information
- Connection Card
Customer reviews for Sennheiser AMBEO | Sub
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sennheiser AMBEO | Sub
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||350|
|Frequency Response||27-80 Hz|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||Fixed|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||None|
|App Control||Apple iOS, Android|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
AMBEO Sub: Add the AMBEO Sub to the Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar Plus (sold separately) for bigger and more impactful bass. The Sennheiser AMBEO Sub houses an 8" long-throw cellulose cone woofer powered by a 350W class-D amplifier for deep and accurate bass response down to 27Hz.
Wireless or Wired Connectivity: The AMBEO Sub can wirelessly connect to the Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar Plus via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) with a wireless range of approximately 32.8'. It also features a mono-RCA input, if you prefer a hardwired connection from the Sennheiser AMBEO Sub to the AMBEO Soundbar Plus.
- The AMBEO Sub does not support wireless connectivity to the Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar Max. However, it can be connected via a mono-RCA subwoofer cable to the AMBEO Soundbar Max (sold separately)
- Even though the AMBEO Sub has a mono-RCA input, it is not designed to be used with any other soundbar or speaker, other than the Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar Plus or AMBEO Soundbar Max.
AMBEO Virtualization Technology: The Sennheiser AMBEO Sub employs a upward firing 8" long-throw woofer and utilizes AMBEO' 3D virtualization technology to radiate sound into the room and reflect bass off the wall and ceiling for an immersive and impactful sound performance.
Auto Self-Calibration: The AMBEO Sub works in conjunction with the AMBEO Soundbar's auto room calibration system to auto calibrate the subwoofer to your room's acoustic characteristics for the best bass performance possible.
Smart Control App: The Smart Control app (for Apple iOS 13.0+ and Android OS 8.0+) provides multiple audio and EQ settings for the Sennheiser AMBEO Sub. The Smart Control app connects wirelessly to the AMBEO Sub via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy).
Mounting & Placement Options: The Sennheiser AMBEO Sub should be placed on the floor and to the left or right side of the AMBEO Soundbar. The wireless powered sub can be positioned up to 32.8' away from the soundbar. The AMBEO Sub should be placed at least 5.9375" from the wall.
- The radiation angle of the 8" long-throw cellulose cone woofer leads upwards. Do not place any objects on top of the wireless powered sub and do not cover it.
- Placing the subwoofer in the front area of the room will result in optimal sound mixing between the speakers. Placing the subwoofer in the rear area of the room minimizes the localization effect.
- If you are using more than one subwoofer (up to 4 are possible), place the subwoofers on one side/wall. It is possible to distribute the subwoofers in the room instead, but in this case the bass performance may not be optimal.
Multi-Sub Array Compatible: Multi-sub array compatibility allows you to wirelessly connect up to four AMBEO Subs to a Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar Plus for a large scale bass performance, and calibrate them individually for optimal sound. The wireless BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) connection ensures you can keep your room clean and neat without the need for subwoofer audio cables.
- Multi-Sub Array feature only works with a wireless BLE connection (not wired).
- The Multi-Sub Array feature is not compatible with the Sennheiser AMBEO Max.
Auto On/Off: The AMBEO Sub does not have to be switched on or off manually. Instead, it automatically switches on and off with the AMBEO Soundbar. If the AMBEO Sub is wirelessly connected to the AMBEO Soundbar Plus and the soundbar switches off, the AMBEO Sub will automatically switch off after approximately 5 minutes. If the AMBEO Sub is connected to the AMBEO Soundbar Plus or Max via a subwoofer cable and senses no audio signal, the AMBEO Sub will then switch off after about 15 minutes.
Detachable AC Power Cord: Even though the Sennheiser AMBEO Sub is wireless, it still requires an AC power outlet connection. A detachable 6' AC power cord (C7) is included that plugs into the back of the wireless powered subwoofer and and AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
3 questions already asked