About the Garmin Tread® Audio Box
A hideaway controller for your side-by-side
A hideaway controller for your side-by-side
The compact controller from Garmin gives you multiple ways to enjoy your music when you're enjoying the outdoors. Tune into AM/FM radio, plug a player into the AUX input, or pair up a device and enjoy your tunes via Bluetooth streaming.
You can control the volume, source, lighting, and more with the included wireless remote or you can download the free Tread app and use your phone. And, of course, this audio system is designed to work seamlessly with your Garmin Tread powersports navigator.
- built-in amplifier (100 watts RMS/200 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth connectivity
- AM/FM tuner
- IP67-rated for weather resistance
- dimensions: 8.3" x 5.1" x 2.2"
- wireless remote included
- does not play CDs
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # 010-02646-01
What's in the box:
- Amplifier/LED controller (installed 15A mini-ATC fuse)
- 10-Wire speaker/power harness
- 16-Wire RGB harness
- 7" Pre-amp harness
- Remote control (installed CR2032 battery)
- Remote control mounting ring
- 5.5' Wire antenna with Motorola connector
- 3' 8-gauge power wire
- 3' 8-gauge ground wire
- Eight 10" wire-ties
- 12 Crimp connectors
- Instruction manual
- Safety and warranty information
Customer reviews for Garmin Tread® Audio Box
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin Tread® Audio Box
Overview: The Garmin Tread Audio Box with LED controller features a built-in 4x100W RMS amplifier, AM/FM tuner, Auxiliary input, Bluetooth audio streaming, RGB LED lighting control, and includes a wireless remote control. The Garmin Tread Audio Box carries an IP67 weatherproof rating and can be wirelessly integrated with an optional Garmin Tread GPS navigation device (sold separately).
Wireless Control: The Garmin Tread Audio Box offers two methods for control:
- App: The Tread Audio Box can be controlled through your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone using the Tread App, available for iOS and Android devices.
- Remote Control: A wireless remote control is provided for operating the Tread Audio Box. Controls include Track Forward/Back, Volume +/-, Source selection, and Play/Pause. For the AUX source, Track buttons will increase/decrease the signal gain, and the Play/Pause button can be used to Mute the signal. The compact remote control includes a mounting bracket with adhesive backing that can easily be mounted on a dash, console, or other flat surface. The control operates on a single CR2032 battery (included), and wirelessly connects to the Audio Box with an operating range of approximately 33'.
- Tread GPS Navigation (optional): The Tread Audio Box can also be integrated with an optional Garmin Tread GPS navigation device (sold separately), letting you control your audio, music settings, and more from the navigator's screen.
Amplifier: The Garmin Tread Audio Box hideaway amplifier and controller features a compact class-D amplifier with four speaker outputs that can each provide 100W RMS (200W peak) @ 4Ω.
2-Zone Speaker Outputs: The Tread Audio Box features four speaker outputs, grouped into two Zones (1&2) with two speaker outputs for each. Using the Tread app on a paired device, you have selections for Loudness, Subwoofer Filter, Bass, Middle, and Treble for each zone independently, as well as naming each zone.
Note: Zones 1 & 2 cannot play separate input sources.
Pre-Amp Outputs: The Tread Audio Box includes a pair of full-range RCA pre-outs for running to an outboard amplifier (sold separately). The stereo pre-outs are tied in with the Zone 1 speaker outputs. The Audio Box also includes a single mono Subwoofer pre-out for connecting an optional powered subwoofer or sub amplifier (both sold separately). A variable low-pass filter can be set using the Tread app from a paired device.
Input Sources: The Garmin Tread Audio system provides multiple options for playback:
- Bluetooth Audio: The Tread Audio Box lets you pair your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone for audio streaming. A Bluetooth button, with corresponding LED indicator, on the Audio Box is used to initiate pairing. The system has a Bluetooth wireless range of up to 30'.
- Auxiliary Input: A pair of AUX RCA input jacks lets you connect a portable playback device to be played through the system.
- AM/FM Tuner: The Tread Audio Box features a built-in AM/FM tuner for playing for favorite stations. A 5.5' FM wire antenna is included.
RGB LED Lighting Control: The Tread Audio Box can be used to power and control your RGB LED lighting using the Tread app or from an optional connected Tread navigation device. You can set the LED Color, sync the lighting to your music or the speed of your vehicle, and display a call sign color during a group ride. Four sets of RGB wiring are included:
- RGB 1&2: These two outputs provide Red, Green, and Blue negative (-) wires along with Black (+12V).
- Addressable LED 1&2: These two outputs can be used with optional addressable LED types WS2812B and WS2813 (sold separately). Each 3-wire output provides a Red (+5V), White (ground), and Green/Black (Data) line.
USB: A front-panel micro-B USB port is currently not used.
Power: The Tread Audio Box requires +12VDC and Ground connections to your vehicle and features two screw-terminals for attaching the included 3' power and ground cables. Each 8-gauge cable is terminated with a 0.17" ring terminal on one end, for connection to the Audio Box, and a 0.34" ring terminal on the other end for connection to the battery/ground or a distribution block.
Mounting: The Garmin Tread Audio Box's compact size allows it to be mounted in tight spaces. Four integrated mounting tabs are provided for mounting it to a flat surface (mounting hardware not included). The Audio Box carries an IP67 weatherproof rating making it ideal for outdoor conditions.
Tread Audio Box Dimensions:
- Width: 8.11"
- Height: 2.20"
- Depth: 5.12"
Wireless Remote Control Dimensions (w/ mount):
- Diameter: 2.55"
- Depth: 0.43"