About the Garmin HRM-PRO™
Accuracy above all
Accuracy above all
When you're into serious training, you need accurate heart rate data. Garmin's HRM-Pro premium chest strap heart rate monitor provides it. It's designed for multi-sport use, so it's just as home when you're swimming as it is when you're cranking out the miles on your bike. HRM-Pro is compatible with your favorite Garmin device, whether it's a watch or cycling computer, and it works with training apps like Zwift and Tacx® too.
HRM-Pro provides running dynamics info like vertical oscillation, ground contact time, and stride length, so you can improve your running efficiency.
- wearable heart rate monitor for swimming, cycling, running, and more
- compatible with Garmin devices and third-party apps like Zwift
- measures running dynamics, including vertical oscillation, ground contact time, and stride length
- stores data and forwards when watch is in range
- battery life of up to 1 year (CR2032)
- weight: 2.1 ounces
- water rating: 5 ATM
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # 010-12955-00
What's in the box:
- HRM-Pro heart rate monitor
- Quick Start Manual
- Important Safety and Product Information
- Use and care instructions
Customer reviews for Garmin HRM-PRO™
Average review:3.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin HRM-PRO™
Overview: The HRM-Pro is a premium heart rate monitor that wirelessly transmits heart rate data in real time to your compatible Garmin device, online training apps, or compatible fitness equipment at the gym. The device also captures running dynamics to help improve your running form. HRM-Pro features a 1.2"-wide strap with an adjustable length of 23.5" to 42". The lightweight heart rate monitor weighs only 2.1 ounces, and has a 5 ATM water resistance rating (50 meters).
Wireless Protocols: HRM-Pro pairs to compatible devices over ANT+ connectivity and Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy (BLE) technology. ANT+ technology (2.4 GHz) is compatible with many Garmin devices, as well as some fitness equipment. HRM-Pro can also be paired to your smartphone, tablet, smartwatch, or compatible fitness equipment via Bluetooth. To use the Activity Tracking features, the HRM must be paired through the Garmin Connect app, instead of the direct Bluetooth settings on your smartphone. Wireless range between the heart rate monitor and your device is approximately 10 feet (3 meters). Only 2 concurrent BLE connections are supported, while there is no limit to the number of concurrent ANT+ connections. You should stay at least 33 feet away from other ANT+ or Bluetooth devices while pairing the HRM.
Activity Tracking: While you're wearing the HRM-Pro, the activity tracking feature records your step count, calories, intensity minutes, and all-day heart rate. Activity data is sent to your Garmin Connect account whenever the monitor is awake and within range of your smartphone. If you wear the monitor only during an activity, turning on the "TrueUp" feature in the Garmin Connect app will allow your activity data to the daily summary section of the app.
During Swimming: The HRM-Pro records and stores your heart rate data while you're swimming. The data is not visible on your Garmin device while the monitor is underwater. You must start a timed activity on your Garmin device so that you can view the stored heart rate data later. During rest intervals (while you're out of the water), the heart rate monitor sends your average and maximum heart rate for the previous interval, and your real-time heart rate, to your Garmin device. You must be paired to your Garmin device via ANT+ rather than Bluetooth to record heart rate data while swimming.
Running Dynamics: When the HRM-Pro is paired via ANT+ to a compatible Garmin device, the device can be used to provide real-time feedback about your running form. The built-in accelerometer measures torso movement in order to calculate the following running dynamics:
- Cadence: Cadence is the number of steps per minute. The display shows the total steps (right and left combined).
- Vertical Oscillation: Vertical Oscillation is your bounce while running. The display shows the vertical motion of your torso, measured in centimeters.
- Ground Contact Time: Ground contact time is the amount of time each step spends in contact with the ground. It is measured in milliseconds. (Not available during walking activity.)
- Ground Contact Time Balance: Ground contact time balance is displayed as a percentage of the left/right balance of your ground contact time while running. (Not availabe during walking activity.)
- Stride Length: Stride length is the measurement, in meters, of the length of your stride from one footfall to the next.
- Vertical Ratio: Vertical ratio is the ratio of vertical oscillation to stride length, displayed as a percentage. The lower the number, the better your running form.
Power: The HRM-Pro module is powered by a user-replaceable CR2032 (3-volt) coin cell battery. Estimated battery life is 12 months, based on 1 hour Tri training per day.
Compatible Devices: The HRM-Pro is compatible with the following Garmin devices (as of August 2021):
- D2: D2 Bravo, D2 Charlie, D2 Delta, D2 Delta PX, D2 Delta S
- Descent: Descent Mk1, Descent Mk2, Descent Mk2i, Descent Mk2S
- Edge: Edge 1000, Edge 1030, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 130, Edge 130 Plus, Edge 25, Edge 520, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 530, Edge 810, Edge 820, Edge 830, Edge Explore, Edge Explore 1000, Edge Explore 820, Edge Touring Plus
- eTrex: eTrex 30x, eTrex 32x, eTrex Touch 35
- fēnix: fēnix 3, fēnix 3 HR, fēnix 3 Sapphire, fēnix 5, fēnix 5 plus, fēnix 5S, fēnix 5S Plus, fēnix 5X, fēnix 5X Plus, fēnix 6, fēnix 6 Pro and Sapphire, fēnix 6 Pro Solar, fēnix 6S, fēnix 6S Pro and Sapphire, fēnix 6S Pro Solar, fēnix Chronos
- Forerunner: Forerunner 245, Forerunner 245 Music, Forerunner 620, Forerunner 630, Forerunner 645, Forerunner 645 Music, Forerunner 735XT, Forerunner 745, Forerunner 920XT, Forerunner 935, Forerunner 945, Forerunner 945 LTE
- GPSMAP: GPSMAP 276Cx, GPSMAP 64csx, GPSMAP 64s, GPSMAP 64sc, GPSMAP 64st, GPSMAP 64sx, GPSMAP 65, GPSMAP 65s, GPSMAP 66i, GPSMAP 66s, GPSMAP 66sr, GPSMAP 66st
- MARQ: MARQ Adventurer, MARQ Adventurer Performance Edition, MARQ Athlete, MARQ Athlete Performance Edition, MARQ Aviator, MARQ Aviator Performance Edition, MARQ Captain, MARQ Captain: America Magic Edition, MARQ Commander, MARQ Driver, MARQ Driver Performance Edition, MARQ Golfer
- Montana: Montana 610, Montana 610t Camo, Montana 680, Montana 680t
- Oregon: Oregon 700, Oregon 750, Oregon 750t
- quatix: quatix 3, quatix 5, quatix 5 Sapphire, quatix 6, quatix 6 Titanium, quatix 6X Solar
- Rino: Rino 750, Rino 755t
- tactix: tactix Bravo, tactix Charlie, tactix Delta-Sapphire Edition, tactix Delta-Solar Edition, tactix Delta-Solar Edition with Ballistics
- VIRB: VIRB 360, VIRB Ultra 30, VIRB Ultra 30, VIRB Ultra 30 Aviation In-cockpit Bundle, VIRB Ultra 30 with Powered Mount, VIRB X, VIRB XE
- Other: Enduro, Swim 2
Optional Strap Extension: The HRM-Pro fits chest sizes from 23.5" to 42". If a longer strap is needed, adding the optional Strap Extender to the HRM will fit chest sizes out to 56".