About the PowerBass XL-62SST
Versatile speakers with LED lights
Versatile speakers with LED lights
You're looking to upgrade the audio on your boat, ATV, side-by-side, or golf cart, and you don't have a lot of space to work with. These shallow-mount, LED-equipped PowerBass speakers offer the performance you want and the toughness you need. They're water-resistant and treated to resist punishing UV rays, so they'll perform for seasons to come.
Outstanding sound for outdoor fun
The folks at PowerBass know that the great outdoors is a tough environment for speakers. Enjoying an "adult toy" can get very noisy, so the speakers have to perform. They also need to withstand moisture, dirt, heat, cold, and blazing sunlight. That's why PowerBass designs their speakers to stand up to whatever you're going to get into.
Style, substance, and sound
These XL-62SST 6-1/2" powersports speakers are designed to bring great sound and RGB LED lighting to your outdoor adventures. They'll handle up to 60 watts RMS, so they'll cut right through motor noise and wind to give you the performance you're looking for. The durable 6-1/2" poly woofers and 1" titanium dome tweeters are protected by ultra-durable baskets and rubber surrounds.
Make your own light show
You can link up to 6 pairs of these speakers and control them all with one RGB remote control. The remote lets you switch between colors and effects and keep everything in sync with just a push of a button.
- marine-grade 6-1/2" shallow-mount speakers with LED lighting
- water-resistant woofer cone
- grille-mounted 1" titanium dome tweeter
- UV-resistant grille and speaker basket
- RGB illumination with selectable lighting effects
- over 20 selectable colors and over 19 different lighting effects
- thermoplastic polyurethane surround
- waterproof magnet cover
- remote control included
- stainless steel hardware included
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- frequency response: 65-20,000 Hz
- power handling: 60 watts RMS (120 watts peak)
- impedance: 3 ohms
- cut-out diameter: 5-9/16"
- mounting depth: 2-1/8"
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # XL-62SST
What's in the box:
- Two 2-way speakers (18" speaker wire and LED power wires attached)
- 2 Gray grilles (attached)
- Two 18' Lengths of 18-gauge speaker wire (each has bullet connectors on one end and bare wire on the other)
- Two 18' RGB Power cables
- 2 In-line LED Control RF receivers
- Wireless RF remote control
- CR2025 Battery (installed in remote)
- 2 Adhesive backed foam gaskets
- Eight 1-3/8" Stainless steel screws
- 8 Stainless steel speed clips
- Application guide
- powerbass digital media note
- 2 Window stickers
Customer reviews for PowerBass XL-62SST
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PowerBass XL-62SST
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
88 dB at 1 watt |
|Frequency Response||65 - 20k Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||60|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||120|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 9/16|
Infinite-Baffle Operation: The speakers are designed for infinite-baffle operation and can be installed in a variety of locations, without the need for a dedicated enclosure. If mounted in an enclosure, a volume between 0.2 ft³ and 0.5 ft³ is recommended.
Mounting Location: These speakers must be installed at least 3 feet (1-meter) away from any electromagnetic nautical equipment (compass, sonar, etc).
Illumination: The XL-62SST speakers have red, green, and blue LEDs on the back of the tweeter housings, to create a glow on the woofer cones. A 12 volt power supply is needed to turn the LEDs on and they are controlled using the included RF remote control. Up to 12 speakers (6 pair) can be controlled with one of the included in-line LED RF receivers. Choose between 20 different colors and 19 different lighting effects. If you do not want to use the remote control and only want to display a single color this can easily be done by connecting the black wire in the 4-wire RGB harness to +12 volts and connecting some combination of the red, green, and blue wires to ground:
- Red = Red
- Green = Green
- Blue = Blue
- Red and Green = Bright Green
- Red and Blue = Magenta
- Blue and Green = Aqua
- Red, Blue and Green = White w/ Blue Tint
- The two RF receivers will require 12 volt power and ground. To prevent battery drain install a switch on the +12V wire so you can turn off the RGB RF receivers when not in use.
- If you are not using the RF receivers and remote, you will need to connect the black +12V wire of the RGB extension harness to switched power either with a relay or switch to prevent battery discharge when using single color mode.
RF Remote and Receivers: The illumination is controlled by the included RF remote/RF receivers. The RF remote is powered by a CR2025 3V battery. Control functions include:
- Power On/Off: turns the RGB RF receivers on or off
- Dynamic Lightning Effect Mode Adjustment: switches between Static lighting or Dynamic effect mode, or switch between Effects when in Dynamic mode
- Dynamic Lightning Speed Adjustment: adjusts the speed up or down for the desired pattern
- Static Color Adjustment: switch to Static Color mode and select between 20 different colors
- Brightness Adjustment: increase/decrease brightness in Static Color mode
Note: Do not install the RF receivers in enclosed metal, as this will interfere with communication between them and the remote control.
Wiring: Each speaker is equipped with a total of six wires, two speaker wires that attach to your amplifier, and four LED power wires (Red/Green/Blue/Black) that attach to the included RF receivers. Each RF receiver has power and ground inputs and four LED power outputs (Red/Green/Blue/Black).
Grilles: The grilles are held in place by three screws. Because the tweeter and LEDs are mounted to the back of each grille, they should not be removed.
Size: The XL-62SSTs fit standard 6¾" speaker openings (approximately 5½" diameter), but the tweeter is taller than most speakers designed for car use, therefore they don't fit behind the factory grille in most car installations.
1 question already asked