About the Dynamat En-Wall Enclosure System
Improve the performance of in-wall speakers
Improve the performance of in-wall speakers
In-wall speakers are a great option for rooms where floor space is limited, or where you simply want a clean look. But sometimes the sound from your in-wall speakers can end up leaking into the next room. That's where Dynamat's En-Wall speaker isolation system can help.
This three-piece system helps an in-wall speaker deliver focused, well-balanced sound in your listening space while reducing audio bleed-through to the adjacent room. You'll get more sound where you want it, and less noise and vibration where you don't.
How it works
The sound-damping materials in the En-Wall system are flexible, so you can install it in existing or new construction. Each package includes the supplies you need to isolate one in-wall speaker in a 4"-deep wall:
- SoundSnake — bendable, multilayer barrier that wraps around the outer edges of the speaker
- DynaXorb back-wave foam — installs on the drywall behind your speaker to eliminate back-wave noise and distortion
- Dynamat Xtreme — self-adhesive vibration damping sheets for applying directly to inner drywall surfaces
I recommend wearing gloves if you need to cut your Dynamat Xtreme to size (there are sharp edges). I also recommend using one of Dynamat's roller tools to help smooth out the Dynamat during installation.
- reduces the amount of sound and vibration passing through the wall to the adjacent room
- helps ensure well-balanced sound in your listening space while protecting against dust and dirt
- included installation components absorb unwanted noise while controlling cabinet resonances
- includes the supplies you need to isolate one in-wall speaker in a 4"-deep wall
- warranty: 60 days
- MFR # 50504
What's in the box:
- One 1.5" x 3.5" x 54" SoundSnake with Dynil
- Four 6" x 6" DynaXorbs
- One 12" x 18" Dynamat Xtreme
- Two 4" x 10" Dynamat Xtremes
- Instructions/Specifications sheet
Customer reviews for Dynamat En-Wall Enclosure System
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dynamat En-Wall Enclosure System
Overview: En-Wall Enclosure Systems significantly reduce wall vibration, projects more clear sound into the room, & reduces unwanted noise transfer through walls. En-Wall combines Dynamat Xtreme, DynaXorb, & the SoundSnake to damp, diffuse, & decouple in-wall speakers. En-Wall encases in-wall speakers creating an optimal acoustic environment for delivering premium sound quality.
- Dynamat Xtreme: Dynamat Xtreme helps to dampen wall vibration. Dynamat Xtreme is a very thin, light-weight, constrained-layer vibrational damper. Dynamat Xtreme has a self adhesive peel & stick backing with a high level of tack that conforms & fuses easily to drywall.
- DynaXorb: DynaXorb is a black, energy absorbing, & sound diffusing advanced polymer square. Dynaxorb eliminates speaker back-wave noise & distortion. Dynaxorb eliminates back-wave speaker distortion that colors sound & confuses imaging by using a combination of energy absorbent material & the technology known as "faceting".
- SoundSnake: The SoundSnake is a two-layer acoustic decoupler which consists of Foam & Dynil. Its designed to go around the outer edges of the in-wall speaker and between the wall-studs. The SoundSnake works to prevent unwanted noise transfer outside the room while creating an optimal acoustic environment in the room.
Note: The En-Wall Enclosure System is available for 4" walls (15450504) and 6" walls (15450506).
Better Sound: In-wall speakers have to operate in spaces of every size. Long, narrow spaces create sonic cancellations. En-Wall Enclosure Systems surround in-wall speakers with optimal acoustics that smooth & balance the frequency response.
Stops Sound Migration: An in-wall speaker sends the same sound at the same volume into the wall structure as it does into the theater room. This migrating sound can create annoying noise in adjacent rooms. En-Wall Enclosure Systems damp the vibration & decouple the structure. The results are dramatic. Isolating your theater room is now possible with En-Wall Enclosure Systems.
Retrofit or New Construction Installation: En-Wall Kits are designed for easy retrofit or new construction.
- Step 1: Before you start, make sure you have chosen the proper size of the En-Wall Kit based on your wall thickness (4" or 6").
- Step 2: For retrofit installation, first remove the in-wall speaker.
- Step 3: Prepare the surface by wiping the dust, dirt & debris from the area behind the in-wall speaker opening.
- Step 4: Place Dynamat Xtreme on a flat surface, and attach the DynaXorbs to the aluminum face with the provided super glue adhesive.
- Step 5: Fold the Dynamat Xtreme/DynaXorbs as needed to pass through the in-wall speaker opening.
- Step 6: Remove the release liner & attach the Dynamat Xtreme/DynaXorbs assembly to the clean drywall making sure that it adheres properly. Be careful not to drop the Dynamat Xtreme/DynaXorb in the wall cavity.
- Step 7: Slide the SoundSnake through the hole & position one end against a wall stud. Insert remainder of SoundSnake to create a rounded corner enclosure. Position the speaker wire behind the SoundSnake against the back wall. Finish by joining the ends of the SoundSnake together.
- Step 8: Install (re-install) the in-wall speaker.
- Appearance: Black butyl core with 4 mil aluminum constraining layer, self adhesive with release liner
- Mass: 0.45lb/ft²
- Adhesive Peel Strength: 42.6 lbs/1"
- Thickness: 0.067"
- Temperature Range:
- Optimal Performance: -14°F to +140°F
- Resistance: -65°F to +300°F
- Dimensions: (1) 12" x 18", (2) 4" x 10"
- Appearance: Black polymer 6" x 6" square
- Mass: 0.34 lbs per 6" square
- Rebound Resilience: <15% tensile strength
- Thickness: 1/4"
- Density: 69.6 lb/ft³
- Recommended Adhesive: Super Glue
- Dimensions: (4) 6" x 6"
- Thickness: 1.5"
- Mass: 0.16 lb/ft²
- Density: 2.0 lb/ft³
- Tensile Strength: 15 psi
- Tear Strength: 1.9
- Thermal Conductivity (R): 1.9 (Hr-ft²-deg.F/BTU)
- Standards: Meets UL94 HF-1
- Temperature Range (Resistance): -40°F to +225°F
- Appearance: Black flexi-vinyl barrier
- Color: Charcoal Gray
- STC (Sound Transmission Class): 28
- Mass: 1 lb per square foot
- Thickness: 0.09"
- Standards: Meets UL94-V0
- Chemical Resistance: Resistance to water & mineral oils
- Temperature Range (Resistance): -40°F to +220°F
Note: SoundSnake dimensions measure 1.5" (W) x 3.5" (H) x 54" (L)
1 question already asked