About the Sony INZONE M9
Stay "in the zone" with immersive 4K
Stay "in the zone" with immersive 4K
The Sony INZONE M9 delivers crystal-clear 4K resolution to help you see more detail in your favorite games. This increased level of clarity sharpens your senses for competitive play and pulls you into immersive single-player experiences.
The M9 supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) to bring out additional contrast and depth when viewing HDR-encoded content, and it can display over a billion vibrant colors. With HDR now standard for next-gen gaming, this monitor can help your games look their very best.
Smooth, clear motion
The M9 features way more than just a pretty picture. It offers fast refresh rates up to 144Hz and an input lag down to an imperceptible 1 millisecond to ensure buttery smooth responsiveness. And support for VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) with G-Sync® keeps your picture looking solid when the on-screen action picks up the pace. No disruptive blur, ghosting, or screen tearing here. For a fighting game fan like me, this is huge. I need all the help I can get stringing together combos in King of Fighters XV.
This monitor also includes a pair of key features for FPS-lovers (myself included). FPS Game Picture Mode optimizes your brightness, and Black Equalizer reveals fine shadow detail. This combination helps you catch subtle visual cues while you're playing. Spot enemies faster, even when they're hiding in the shadows.
Perfect for the PS5
This monitor is designed to work seamlessly with the PlayStation 5, with support for Auto HDR Tone Mapping for more accurate color and details. And Auto Genre Picture Mode switches picture modes automatically depending on whether you're watching or playing, helping you get the best picture whether you're blasting Hive in Destiny 2 or watching the latest episode of the Rings of Power.
Optimize your settings with INZONE Hub
If you're playing on a PC, you can dial in your playing experience further with INZONE Hub. This optional downloadable software lets you manually tweak the little details of your game picture and audio to get them just where you want them.
- 27" screen (measured diagonally) with anti-glare coating
- 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- full-array LED backlight with local dimming for excellent picture contrast and black levels
- native 144Hz refresh rate for super-smooth gaming with compatible PCs
- IPS (In-Plane Switching) LCD display
- supports High Dynamic Range (HDR10, HLG) for improved contrast and brightness with HDR content
- DisplayHDR® 600 Certified for vivid HDR contrast at peak brightness (600 nits)
- over 95% coverage of the DCI-P3 color space for over a billion vibrant colors
- ultra-fast 1ms GtG (Grey to Grey) response times for lag-free gaming without blur or ghosting
- certified low blue light and flicker free for eye comfort
- Perfect for PlayStation 5® — Auto HDR Tone Mapping for PS5 for improved accuracy and color
- Auto Genre Picture Mode optimizes performance for games and movies
- automatically switches to Cinema Mode for movies and Game 1 Mode for games
- FPS Game Picture Mode optimizes brightness so you can spot your opponents faster
- Black Equalizer reveals fine shadow details to help you see what's hiding in the dark
- VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) and Nvidia G-SYnc® reduces stutter and frame tearing for smoother gameplay
- Auto USB Hub Switch lets you control up to two different PCs with one keyboard, mouse, and headset connected to the monitor (PCs and accessories sold separately)
- downloadable INZONE Hub software lets you customize your sound and picture settings
- compatible with Windows® 10 (64-bit) or later
- two HDMI 2.1 inputs
- supports 4K @ 120Hz
- DisplayPort&trade: 1.4 input
- supports 4K @ 144Hz
- USB-C input (DisplayPort Alternate Mode)
- three USB-A inputs
- USB-B input
- 3.5mm minijack headphone output
- rear light with customizable color display
- versatile tripod stand with adjustable height and tilt
- height range: 2-3/4"
- tilt range: 0 to 20°
- low-depth footprint leaves desk space for your keyboard, mouse, etc. (sold separately)
- cables can be tucked into the center pillar for a tidy setup
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 100mm x 100mm
- 24-1/4"W x 18-7/8"H x 9-13/16"D (with stand); 24-1/4""W x 14-5/16"H x 2-7/8"D (without stand)
- weight: 15 lbs. (with stand); 10.1 lbs. (without stand)
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # SDMU27M90
What's in the box:
- Gaming monitor
- AC power adapter (attached 58" DC cord)
- 21" AC power cord
- Tabletop stand bracket
- Tabletop stand legs
- 2 Screws (lock and flat washers attached)
- Operating Instructions
- Setup Guide
- Color Calibration Factory Report
- Warranty Information
- Online Registration Information
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Customer reviews for Sony INZONE M9
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony INZONE M9
4K IPS Panel: The Sony INZONE M9 is an ultra-HD gaming monitor that has 4x more pixels than a Full HD monitor for flawless images with crystal clear details and greater pixel density. The INZONE M9 employs an IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel that makes any seat the best seat in the house, with a clearer and more consistent image at wide viewing angles compared to conventional screens. IPS delivers authentic colors, virtually identical to the original image; even from off-axis viewing angle. Witness colors as true-to-life as nature intended, vibrant across even a large screen, with the stunning clarity of 4K resolution.
Note: The Sony INZONE M9 gaming monitor offers TUV Low Blue Light & Flicker Free Certification. Click here for more details.
Full Array Local LED Dimming: The Sony INZONE M9 gaming monitor employs a full array local LED dimming backlight system that delivers light exactly where it's needed so you see more depth in the shadows and highlights. You'll be able to spot your gaming rivals lurking in the dark and uncover objects in brightness with more clarity. The monitor's enhanced contrast across the screen opens up your view of the game like never before.
DisplayHDR 600 Certified: Thanks to DisplayHDR 600 certification, the Sony INZONE M9 reproduces scenes in vivid color with rich accurate contrast and high peak brightness of 600 nits. HDR delivers a much higher level of contrast between light and dark to produce an image that is more realistic and closer to what the content creator imagined. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
- HDR10: HDR10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and up to 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HLG: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
Note: This display monitor does not support Dolby Vision or HDR10+.
Rich & Vibrant Colors: With over 95% coverage of the DCI-P3 spectrum, the INZONE M9 gaming monitor brings out an extended range of over a billion rich, vibrant colors. More shades and hues create breathtaking scenes for immersive gaming. GtG (Grey-to-Grey) is a standard method of measuring response time, which is how long it takes to shift from one color to another. The response time of the INZONE M9 monitor is 1ms. Perform at a whole new level with less color ghosting and blurring, allowing you see what's happening with with absolute clarity so you can make lightning fast decisions and react immediately.
144Hz Refresh Rate with 4.6ms Input Lag Time: A refresh rate of up to 144Hz gives you that split-second advantage that makes all the difference in tracking opponents precisely. You'll get smooth, fast, and fluid game motion every time. The input lag time is 4.6ms, which was measured via the monitor's 4K/120fps HDMI 2.1 input and default settings. The actual lag time may differ in real-time usage environments or specific conditions.
ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode): The Sony INZONE M9 supports ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) which lets the display monitor automatically recognize when a gaming console or gaming PC is connected and in use.
VRR with NVIDIA G-SYNC: With a Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and NVIDIA G-SYNC compatibility, the Sony INZONE M9 monitor avoids stuttering delays and screen tearing. It dynamically adjusts the display refresh rate to match the variable frame rates of the gaming devices for smoother and more fluid gameplay in supported game titles.
Note: The gaming monitor does not support AMD FreeSync.
Optimized For PlayStation 5: Pair the INZONE M9 monitor with Sony's PlayStation 5 (PS5) console to maximize the potential of both components and get a fantastic gaming experience.
- Auto HDR Tone Mapping: The PS5 console automatically recognizes the INZONE M9 gaming monitor during initial setup and optimizes HDR settings. Even in high contrast scenes, you'll see crucial details and colors in the brightest and darkest parts of the screen.
- Auto Genre Picture Mode: The INZONE M9 gaming monitor optimizes the performance of games and movies on the Sony PS5 console; automatically switching to Cinema Mode when watching movies for expressive scenes and Game 1 Mode when playing video games.
AV Inputs: The Sony INZONE M9 monitor offers HDMI, DisplayPort and USB-C inputs for audio/video signal transfer. The gaming monitor will automatically select the input when a video signal is present. If there are multiple input signals, the inputs are selected in the following order of priority - HDMI 1, HDMI 2, DisplayPort, and then USB-C.
- HDMI 2.1: There are two HDMI 2.1 inputs that are HDCP 2.3 compliant. Both HDMI inputs will support up to a 4K (3840x2160) @ 120Hz video signal and PCM multichannel audio.
- DisplayPort 1.4: There is also a single DisplayPort 1.4 that will support up to 4K (3840x2160) @ 144Hz video signal and PCM multichannel audio.
- USB-C Port: In addition, there is one USB-C port that will support up to 4K (3840x2160) @ 144Hz video signal and PCM multichannel audio.
- Supported video resolutions include 3840x2160 (144/120/95/60/50/30/25/24 Hz), 2560x1440 (144/120/60 Hz), 1920x1080 (120/60/50/30/25/24 Hz), 1280x1024 (60 Hz), 1280x720 (50/60Hz), 1024x768 (60 Hz), 800x600 (60 Hz), 720x576 (50 Hz), 720x480 (60/59.94 Hz), 640x480 (60 Hz).
- 4K (3840x2160) @ 144Hz is only supported by the DisplayPort 1.4 and USB-C port.
Picture Adjustments: You can select the desired image quality from a variety of presets, manually adjust the image quality, or have the TV automatically adjust the image quality.
- Auto: When an HDMI source device is connected, the monitor's picture quality is automatically selected based on the playback content.
- Presets: Presets include Auto, Standard, FPS Game, Cinema, Game 1, and Game 2.
- Standard: This is the standard image quality mode. The Standard mode is selected by default.
- FPS Game Picture Mode: The FPS Game Picture mode optimizes brightness and contrast so you can see rivals clearly. This mode is the optimized for shooter games which adjusts colors, contrast, and tone overall.
- Cinema: The Cinema mode is suitable for when using the gaming monitor to watch movies and videos.
- Game 1/2: The Game 1 and Game 2 modes are used to save your manual picture adjustments.
- Manual: Manual pictures adjustments include Brightness (0-100), Contrast (0-100), Sharpness (0-100), Gamma (1.8/2.0/2.2/2.4), Local Dimming (Off/Low/High), Hue (0-100), Saturation (0-100), Color Temp (Neutral/Warm/Cool/Custom), and Aspect Ratio (16:9/Auto/4:3/Original).
Gaming Assist: You can make apply useful gaming assist functions like Crosshair, Timer, Frame Rate Counter, Adaptive-Sync, Response Time, and Black Equalizer.
- Crosshair: Crosshairs (cross marks) in the center of the screen are displayed. You can select between 8 crosshair shapes.
- Timer: You can set a timer to indicate the remain time of your game.
- Frame Rate Counter: The Frame Rate Counter display the frame rate per second in real-time.
- Adaptive-Sync (VRR): Synchronize the variable refresh rate (VRR) of this monitor with the frame rate of the video. When turned on, you can suppress the stuttering (lagging) and tearing (flickering) of the screen during the game.
- Response Time: You can even change the response speed of the display monitor's screen. Select from Standard, Fast, or Faster.
- Black Equalizer: The Black Equalizer adjusts the tone mapping only, so that you can find objects easily in the dark scenes. You'll be able to uncover detail in the shadows and spot rivals hiding in the dark.
INZONE Hub Software Application (for Windows PC): Quickly and easily adjust monitor settings with just a few clicks of the mouse using Sony's INZONE Hub Software Application. As well as tweaking settings, you can also assign specific picture modes and sound profiles of Sony INZONE headsets (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to individual PC applications and games.
- Operating System: Windows 11 Home / Pro, Windows 10 Home / Pro (64-bit)
- CPU: Intel Core i5 CPU or later (8th generation or more), AMD Ryzen 5 or more
- HDD/SDD: Free space of 400MB or more
Note: You can also update the Sony INZONE M9's software using your compatible Windows computer and Sony's INZONE Hub Software Application. You can check Sony's Support Site for the latest software updates.
Dual PC Connection: With the Auto KVM Switch (Auto USB Hub Switch), you can control up to two computers from a single keyboard, mouse and headset connected to one Sony INZONE M9 monitor. Now, you can enjoy instant gaming without having to change cables after finishing your work.
Audio Section: The Sony INZONE M9 monitor features built-in stereo speaker rated at 2 watts x 2 channels. It can also be connected wirelessly via Bluetooth to Sony's INZONE gaming headphones (sold separately). There is a 3.5mm headphone jack output that allows connection of almost any style or model of headphone.
- The Sony INZONE M9 monitor does not offer built-in Bluetooth. The Sony INZONE gaming headphones come with a Bluetooth transmitter that plugs into one of the monitor's USB-A ports.
- When headphones are connected via the headphone jack, Bluetooth, or USB, the speakers of the INZONE M9 monitor are turned off.
USB Upstream & Downstream Ports: The Sony INZONE M9 gaming monitor is outfitted with three down-streaming USB-A port and one up-stream USB-B port. The USB-A ports are used to connect USB peripherals such as a keyboard, mouse, and Bluetooth dongle (sold separately). The USB-B port is used to connect your computer.
Joystick Control: You can use the joystick on the right rear-panel of the display monitor to make adjustments to the volume level, brightness settings, input selection, as well as various other settings by displaying the on-screen menu.
Tripod Stand (Assembly Required): The unique, tabletop tripod stand provides total gaming comfort while optimizing desk space for your keyboard, mouse, and other peripherals. With a small monitor footprint, you'll have more desktop space. You'll be able to easily position an angle your keyboard and gaming mouse pad around or under the display monitor.
- Footprint & Weight: The tabletop tripod stand has a footprint width of 17.875" (w) x 9.875" (d). The display monitor weighs 15.0 lbs with stand attached.
- Adjustable Height & Tilt: The tripod stand allows you to change the height (up to 2.75") and tilt (0-20 degrees) of the display monitor to get the best view of your video games and competition.
- Cable Management: The tripod stand lets you hide the power and signal cables within the center pillar to keep your desktop clean ad neat.
Optional Wall Mount (Sold Separately): The tabletop tripod stand can be removed in order to wall mount the Sony INZONE M9 gaming monitor using an optional wall mount bracket (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The monitor features a VESA pattern of 100x100 with M4 (4mm) threaded inserts. The INZONE M9 monitor weighs 10.2 without the tripod stand.
Customizable Rear Lighting: The Sony INZONE M9 gaming monitor features built-in rear lighting effects. You can choose from a selection of rear lighting colors (up to 13) to match the display monitor with your game, room ambience, or mood.
ECO Mode: ECO mode allows the INZONE M9 monitor to consume less power by reducing the screen's brightness level.
AC Power Adapter: The included AC power adapter and cord plugs into the Sony INZONE M9 monitor and into an AC power outlet or surge protector/line conditioner (sold separately).
1 question already asked