About the Sony CRE-C10
Nearly invisible over-the-counter hearing helpers
Nearly invisible over-the-counter hearing helpers
Sony has long been an industry leader that's not afraid to try something new. With the recent 2022 FDA ruling that allowed hearing aids to be sold at an affordable price over the counter without a doctor's prescription, the company teamed up with the hearing experts at WS Audiology to produce their new CRE-C10 over-the-counter hearing aids. These hearing aids fit discreetly inside your ears, offer prescription-grade sound, and use an app that offers loads of sound adjustments to better tailor their sound to your ears.
Guided self-fitting and customizations
The Sony Hearing control app (available for iOS® and Android™) guides you through setting up and self-fitting your hearing aids. The assessment and setup take just a few minutes, after which the hearing aids are programmed to target the frequencies you have trouble hearing. You can make further adjustments after the assessment to customize the CRE-C10s' sound to your liking.
Smart, automatic sound optimization
One of the coolest features of the CRE-C10 hearing aids is that they actively analyze environmental noise and optimize their sound based on what's going on around you. The hearing aids also have manual and automatic directionality settings to help you focus on what you want to hear, making conversations possible even in loud environments.
Nearly three days of battery life
Each hearing aid boasts an impressive battery life of 70 hours on a single Size 10 battery. That's nearly three days of continuous use before the batteries need to be replaced. Once the batteries are depleted, changing them out is as simple as opening the battery door on each hearing aid, taking out the old battery, and popping in a new one.
Important notes: You must be 18 years or older to purchase this product. Designed for mild to moderate hearing loss. Please consult your physician to determine if these are right for you. More info is available at electronics.sony.com
- self-fitting over-the-counter hearing aids
- developed in conjunction with WS Audiology
- discreet in-ear fit makes hearing aids nearly invisible
- active noise reduction analyzes environmental sound and minimizes external noise
- prescription-grade sound quality
- You must be 18 years or older to purchase this product.
- Designed for perceived mild to moderate hearing loss.
- Please consult your physician to determine if these are right for you.
- More info is available at electronics.sony.com
App-based setup and controls:
- Sony Hearing control app offers guided self-fit and extra sound customizations
- automatic and manual directionality modes help focus sound while blocking out external noise
- battery life: up to 70 hours of continuous use
- each hearing aid takes a Size 10 zinc-air battery
- four sizes of ear tips included for comfortable fit
- Crutchfield does not accept payment from your HSA/HRA/FSA account
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # CREC10/2
What's in the box:
- Left and right hearing aids (black)
- Storage case
- 4 Pairs of Vented Click Sleeves (1 pair installed)
- Pack of 6 Zinc-Air Hearing Aid batteries (Size 10)
- Cleaning cloth
- Cleaning brush
- User Guide
- Safety and maintenance information
- Limited Warranty (US only)
- Sony Hearing Control app card with QR code
Customer reviews for Sony CRE-C10
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony CRE-C10
Overview: The Sony CRE-C10 is a self-fitting over-the-counter (OTC) hearing solution for those with perceived mild to moderate hearing loss. It has a sleek and discreet inside-the-ear design, and comes with four sizes of Click Sleeves to help you find the size that's right for you. The CRE-C10 hearing aids are powered by traditional hearing aid batteries (Size 10 Zinc-Air). The hearing aids can be customized to your personal hearing needs through the Sony | Hearing Control app. The CRE-C10 also includes a hard clamshell storage case, a cleaning brush, and a soft cleaning cloth.
Design: The CRE-C10 is designed in partnership with WS Audiology of Denmark, a global leader in the hearing aid industry. This FDA-registered medical device is designed to deliver prescription-grade sound quality to individuals that are experiencing mild to moderate hearing loss. The hearing aids are small enough to fit discreetly inside the ear canal. They come with a short 3/8" cord for easy removal. Each hearing aid is equipped with a single directional microphone for picking up sound for improved speech intelligibilty. The hearing aids automatically analyze and adjust to optimize the sound based on your surroundings. The self-adjusting hearing aids reduce wind noise when you're outdoors, and smooth out impact sounds that cause discomfort, such as when handling eyeglasses. Overall, the CRE-C10s provide an improved hearing experience, whether you're in a crowded room, or outside on a walk.
Click Sleeves: The CRE-C10 include four pairs of Click Sleeves in XS, S, M, and L sizes to account for different sizes of ear canals. You can try each size until you find the sleeve that fits the best, and is the most comfortable. The included sleeves have a vented design, which provides a more open sound through the two small openings on the tip. The soft silicone of the Click Sleeves provide a secure fit and all-day comfort. Both Vented Sleeves and optional Closed Sleeves are available for the CRE-C10 hearing aids.
Self-Fitting: Using the companion Sony | Hearing Control app, the hearing aids can be easily customized to your hearing. During setup, a 10-minute hearing profile check is performed to determine the nature of your hearing loss. A series of beeps at different volumes and frequencies are played through the hearing aids. Using the results of your hearing profile, the hearing aids are customized to your specific needs. In addition, you can adjust the individual loudness of each hearing aid, and the overall volume in the app. You can fine tune the settings when you're in different settings to help you hear better. The Sony | Hearing Control app is compatible with Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices, and requires iOS 13.0 or later. It also works with Android devices, and requires Android version 8.0 and up.
Battery Power: The CRE-C10 is powered by a standard Zinc-Air Size 10 hearing aid battery. A pack of 6 batteries is included. The battery delivers up to 70 hours of continuous use, or about 5 to 7 days of normal usage. The hearing aids will produce an audible alert signal to indicate a low battery. There is no on/off switch on the hearing aid. Opening the battery door effectively turn the device off, while closing the door turns it on. Zinc-Air Size 10 batteries are readily available at many retailers nationwide.
- Frequency Range: 100 - 8600 Hz
- Equivalent Input Noise: 20dB SPL
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
- 2% at 500Hz
- 3% at 800Hz
- 2% at 1600Hz
- 1% at 3200Hz
- Latency: 14 ms
- OSPL 90 (Peak): 114dB SPL
- HFA-OSPL 90: 108dB SPL
- Fitted OSPL 90: 103dB SPL
- Hearing Aid: Width 0.221", Height 0.473" Depth 0.698"
- Charging Case: Width 2.223", Height 1.016", Depth 2.948"
- Hearing Aid: 0.05 ounce (each)
- Charging Case: 1.05 ounces (empty)
Product Suitabililty: The CRE-C10 hearing aids are designed for adults 18 years and older with mild to moderate hearing loss. You should contact your primary care provider before using this product if you currently experience any of the following conditions:
- Severe hearing loss or deafness in at least one ear
- A steep decline in hearing ability within the last 90 days in one or both ears
- Active discharge within the last 90 days
- A visible deformity of the ear
- Pain or discomfort in the ear
- Significant ear wax accumulation