About the Sony PS-LX310BT
Play records wirelessly
The Sony PS-LX310BT has Bluetooth built in, so you can make a wireless connection with a compatible speaker or headphones (not included).
Play records wirelessly
Wireless music listening is the name of the game these days. The Sony PS-LX310BT has Bluetooth built-in, so records can be part of your wireless system. Pair it with a compatible Bluetooth speaker or a pair of headphones for listening during quiet hours.
Phono preamp built in
If you want to make a wired connection to your existing system, or a pair of powered stereo speakers, this turntable's switchable built-in phono preamp ensures compatibility with a wide variety of audio gear. Set the output to "Phono" if you're connecting to a dedicated phono input or a separate phono preamp. Or set it to "Line" if you're connecting directly to a standard line-level audio input.
Digitize your record collection
The turntable's Type-B USB output lets you connect to your computer and make digital copies of your favorite albums, so you can take them with you on road trips or your daily commute (free 3rd-party Audacity software recommended.)
The PS-LX310BT is fully automatic. It can start and stop hands-free, and the tonearm will return to its resting place when it reaches the final groove of the record. Just set the "size" switch to 7-inch or 12-inch and the player does the rest for you.
Selectable gain switch
Albums from different eras and different engineers are recorded at varying levels. To help with that, there's a three-position gain switch on the back of the turntable, so you can compensate when you're using Bluetooth or the phono preamp (it won't work when the switch is set to "Phono"). The Mid setting offers flat gain, Low is -4dB, and High bumps output by +6dB.
- Featured in our article: Best turntables for 2024
- switchable built-in phono preamp
- when switch is set to LINE, turntable must be connected to a standard line input (labeled AUX, CD, or TAPE)
- when switch is set to PHONO, turntable must be connected to an outboard phono preamp or dedicated phono input
- Bluetooth® output for wireless connection to speakers or headphones (not included)
- automatic start, stop, and tonearm return
- three-position adjustable gain switch
- settings: Low (-4 dB), Mid (0 dB), High (+6 dB)
- USB (Type B) output for connection to a computer (cable not included, sold separately)
- Mac- and PC-compatible Audacity software for digitizing records is a free download
- anti-resonance die-cast aluminum platter
- includes factory-installed moving magnet cartridge
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds with electronic speed change control
- attached RCA audio cable
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17"W x 4-3/8"H x 14-1/2"D
- weight: 7.7 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # PSLX310BT
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth-enabled turntable
- Tonearm w/ catridge and stylus (pre-installed)
- AC power adpater (attached 59" DC cord)
- 45RPM adapter
- Dust cover
- 2 Hinges
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty Information
- Online Product Registration
Customer reviews for Sony PS-LX310BT
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony PS-LX310BT
Features & specs
|45 RPM Adapter||Yes|
|Power Cable||Detachable (12-volt DC adapter)|
|Materials and Construction|
|Tone Arm Shape||Straight|
|Tone Arm Material||Aluminum|
|Tone Arm Lift||Auto/Button|
|Frequency Response||Not given|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||50|
|Wow and Flutter||0.1|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Turntable Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Turntable Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Cartridge Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Cartridge Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Aluminum Platter & Tone-Arm: The Sony PS-LX310BT turntable features a belt drive mechanism with an aluminum die-cast platter. Robust yet lightweight, the platter stays stable as it rotates for clearer playback of your music. Featuring a new straight design and sturdy aluminum construction, the tone arm boosts traceability for stable playback, rich, clear sound and powerful bass.
2-Speed (33-1/3 & 45 RPM): The Sony PS-LX310BT supports playback of 33-1/3 & 45 RPM records (45 RPM adapter is included). There is a speed switch on the turntable which lets you select between 33-1/3 or 45 RPM.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Sony PS-LX310BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 4.2, allowing you to wirelessly stream your vinyl record soundtracks to a Bluetooth-enabled wireless speaker or headphones. You can pair up to eight speakers/headphones with the turntable, but only one speaker/headphone can be connected and played back at a time. The turntable has a Bluetooth wireless range of approximately 33' (10 meters).
Note: The audio level of will be controlled from your Bluetooth-enabled speaker or headphones. Make sure your Bluetooth-enabled speaker or headphones have an adjustable audio level. Do not connect with speakers and headphones that do not feature an audio level adjustment.
Switchable Built-in Preamplifier: In addition to Bluetooth wireless connectivity, the PS-LX310BT provides a stereo RCA output with an attached 52" stereo RCA cable for a wired connection to your home receiver, integrated amplifier, or powered speakers. The built-in switchable stereo phono/line-level preamplifier permits use of the PS-LX310BT turntable with stereo systems having either magnetic-phono inputs or line-level (Aux) inputs; also allows convenient use of the turntable with most powered speakers.
USB-B 2.0 Output: The Sony PS-LX310BT is also fitted with a USB-B 2.0 output to connect the turntable to your computer or laptop (including Windows or Mac), so you can rip your favorite vinyl tracks to your computer using a USB-B to USB-A cable (sold separately) and recording software (not included).
- Software Requirements: You will need to install a recording software (not included) on your computer to record audio tracks from the turntable. If no recording software is installed, you cannot record audio tracks, even if you connect the turntable to your computer. Sony recommends the downloadable Audacity recording software.
- Computer Requirements: The turntable's USB port supports connection of a Windows PC with latest service pack (7/8.1/10; 32/64-bit) or Mac computer (OS X 10.9-10.11 / macOS 10.12-10.14). The standard driver software of Windows and Mac is supported; no installation of a dedicated driver software is needed.
Note: The USB output can only be used for recording, not for playback.
One-Step Auto Playback: Thanks to the "One-Step Auto Playback" function, the turntable will automatically lower the tone arm, find the groove and get your vinyl music playing when your press the "Start" button. And when the record ends or your press the "Stop" button, the tone arm automatically returns to its resting position.
Gain Select Switch: You can adjust the PS-LX310BT turntable's gain switch (located on rear-panel) to match the audio level of your record, so you can hear your music at its distortion-free best. During playback adjust the difference of the volume of your vinyl records. If the audio track was recorded on the vinyl record at a quiet volume, set the Gain Select switch to "High" to play at the appropriate volume level. If the audio track was recorded on the vinyl record at a loud volume, set the Gain Select switch to "Low" to play at the appropriate volume level. The turntable's Gain Select switch comes set to "Mid" by default for playback of most vinyl record soundtracks.
Note: The Gain Select switch is only effective when the turntable is set to Line-Level, Bluetooth, or USB-B output. The Gain Select switch is ineffective when the turntable is set to Phono output.
Dust Cover: The PS-LX310BT comes with a hinged dust cover to protect the turntable from dust and debris. The thicker dust cover muffles acoustic pressure from your speakers for better stability and less distortion. The dust cover can also be removed.
AC Power Adapter: The Sony PS-LX310BT comes with an AC power adapter that plugs into the back of the turntable and into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories tab).
25 questions already asked