- card reader for CFexpress Type-A and SD memory cards
- offers fast, reliable file transfer of high-resolution photos and videos
- connects to your Windows® or Mac® computer via USB-C
- high-speed USB-C-to-USB-A and USB-C-to-USB-C cables are included
- LED status indicator lets you know when a card has been inserted, and when it's being accessed
- slim, lightweight design for easy travel
- 2-3/16"W x 3-3/4"D x 1/2"H
- does not support Type-B CFexpress cards
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # MRWG2
What's in the box:
- CFexpress Type A / SD card reader
- 20" USB cable (Type A USB 3.0 on one end and USB-C on other end)
- 20" USB cable (USB Type C on both ends)
- Read Me First booklet
- Notice sheet
Customer reviews for Sony CFexpress Type-A and SD Memory Card Reader
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony CFexpress Type-A and SD Memory Card Reader
Overview: The Sony MRW-G2 Memory Card Reader is a portable compact device that allows you to read from and write to CFexpress Type A and SD Memory cards. The reader has a USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface, and plugs directly to your computer via one of the included cables: USB Type C to USB Type C, or USB Type A (3.0) to USB Type C. No AC power supply is required. The device, when loaded with a compatible memory card, can double as a USB flash drive.
Media Card Compatibility: The device is compatible with the following memory cards:
- CFexpress Type A cards (Type B not supported)
- SD / SDHC / SDXC cards, including UHS-I and UHS-II
- microSD / microSDHC / microSDXC, including UHS-I and UHS-II (adapter required)
USB 3.2 Gen 2 Interface: The MRW-G2 Memory Card Reader has a USB Type-C interface that supports USB 3.2 Gen 2. Two USB cables are included -- one with USB Type-C connectors at each end, and one with USB Type-C and USB Type-A 3.0 connectors. The reader supports SuperSpeed 10 Gbps transfer protocol via both the USB Type-C and Type-A connections. Faster data transfer can be obtained by connecting to USB Type-C ports supporting Thunderbolt 3, or USB 3.1 Gen 2 on your PC. It also supports USB 3.1 Gen 1, or USB 2.0 compatible devices.
Construction: The MRW-G2 is slim and lightweight, which lets you carry it with you in a pocket or purse. The card slot is recessed, making it more difficult to accidentally dislodge the card. The card reader has an LED that glows or flashes when an inserted card is being accessed. When the LED is lit, you should not eject the memory card or disconnect the reader from the computer to avoid data loss or damage.
- Dimensions: Width 2.168", Height 0.504", Depth 3.733"
- Weight: 3.45 ounces
- Operating Temperature Range: 41° to 104° F (no condensation)