About the Sony XA-NV300T
Seamless and efficient navigation
Seamless and efficient navigation
TomTom's IQ Route ensures the fastest route for your drive.
Plug Sony's XA-NV300T navigation module into their XAV-602BT DVD receiver, and hit the road with powerful navigational tools just a touch away on your receiver's screen. Unlike many car GPS navigators, the XA-NV300T uses TomTom's IQ Routes feature, which compiles driving information gleaned from millions of TomTom users to create routes that base your travel time on actual drive times, not posted speed limits. So when you know you need to get there quickly, you'll follow the most efficient route for that time of day.
The XA-NV300T navigates with the aid of maps stored on an SD™ card, so you won't have to worry about losing your data signal, as with smartphone-based navigation. Its Advanced Lane Guidance feature directs you to the correct lane before your exit, so you won't get caught in the wrong spot on a busy highway. You can customize your map colors, choose from 2D or 3D views, and even program routes with multiple stops.
- add-on navigation system for Sony XAV-602BT DVD receiver
- includes a GPS satellite antenna with cable
- utilizes TomTom IQ Route technology
- advanced lane guidance
- maps displayed on receiver's video screen
- 2-D and 3-D map views
- route customization options
- database upgradable through SD card slot
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # XA-NV300T
What's in the box:
- GPS module
- SD map card
- Magnetic GPS antenna (w/ attached 16.25' cable)
- Self-adhesive base
- 2 Velcro strips
- "How to download the latest map" instructions
- US Warranty Information
- Canada Warranty Information
Customer reviews for Sony XA-NV300T
Average review:4.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony XA-NV300T
Head Unit Compatibility: The Sony XA-NV300T add-on GPS module is compatible with Sony's XAV-602BT DVD receiver (158XAV602B, sold separately). It simply plugs into the receiver's rear-panel USB (type-A) input. The add-on GPS module's map screen will display on the Sony receiver's touchscreen monitor and voice prompts will be heard through your vehicle's speaker system. You will use the head unit's touchscreen monitor to operate the XA-NV300T's navigation functions.
TomTom Navigation (for US/Canada): The Sony XA-NV300T add-on GPS module features TomTom Navigation. TomTom navigation incorporates real world, real-time feedback, providing accurate mapping information. Maps of the United States, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, and Canada are installed on the included SD memory card. You must install the SD memory in the XA-NV300T prior to using navigation functions.
GPS Antenna: The XA-NV300T includes a GPS antenna with a magnetic base. The antenna should be placed on the roof of the vehicle. The GPS antenna features a 16.25' cable terminated by a proprietary connector which plugs into the add-on GPS module. A self-adhesive base is also provide in case you cannot find a flat metal surface for the antenna. The GPS antenna measures 1.3125" (w) x 0.5" (h) x 1.4375" (d).
Map Screen (2D/3D): Once the XA-NV300T add-on GPS module calculates your route, the map screen will appear. The map screen displays a real-time moving map illustrating your current position and intended route. Your route is marked with a red line, a blue arrow represents your current position, and a checkered flag marks your destination. As you travel, the XA-NV300T guides you to your destination with arrows on the map and directions at the bottom of the screen. The map screen also displays the current time, time left to your destination, current speed, and maximum speed. You can choose between a 2D or 3D map screen with a Day, Night, or Auto color mode.
Note: You can also choose to have the map screen run in the background, so you see and hear your source content while the navigation route is in progress. The unit will then mute the source, so you can hear navigation prompts when needed.
Text-to-Speech: In addition to the map screen, the navigation unit features loud and clear spoken instructions through your vehicle's speakers. When driving to your destination, the XA-NV300T will announce turn-by-turn directions, including street names and road numbers. You can choose between male and female voices in various languages. Your source audio will mute, while turn-by-turn instructions are heard through your vehicle's speakers.
IQ Routes: The XA-NV300T calculates your routes based on the real average speed measured on roads rather than the posted speed limits. IQ Routes takes into account the time of day you're traveling a road, and how rush hour traffic, pedestrian traffic, and traffic light changes can affect actual traffic speed. You will get a more accurate ETA and the fastest recommended route based on real world data.
Route Planning w/ Eco Route: Route Planning allows you to determine how the add-on GPS system calculates your planned route. You can choose from several different route types to suit your travel preference; Fastest route, Shortest route, or Eco route. The Eco route mode uses the driving data of millions of TomTom users, so the unit can indicate which routes are the most fuel-efficient to save you money and have a lower environmental impact. You can also choose to avoid or use the following road types; Highways, Toll-roads, Ferries, Car pool lanes, or Unpaved roads.
Advanced Lane Guidance: The XA-NV300T helps you prepare for highway exits and intersections by showing you which lane you should be in.
Drive To: The "Drive To:" menu is the simplest and most useful starting point in most situations. Given your current GPS position, you can use this to navigate to any given address, favorite location, recent destination, POI (Points Of Interest), and so on. You can choose from the following options.
- Home: Once your home location is stored in memory, it can be quickly be chosen as a destination.
- Favorite: The locations that you visit frequently can be stored as "Favorites". A Favorite can be chosen as a destination without having to enter its address each time.
- Address: This option lets you enter a City, Street Name/House Number, Zip code or Intersection to navigate to.
- Recent Destination: You can display a list of addresses, Points Of Interest, and other destinations that you've used recently.
- Points Of Interest: You can access approximately 7 million pre-loaded Points of Interest (POIs) including fuel stations, parking, hotels, restaurants, ATMs, and lots more. You can search POIs near your current location, along your route, near your destination, near your home, or in a specific city.
- Point On Map: You select a destination by simply tapping the map screen.
- Contacts: You can navigate to a contact you have saved in your paired Bluetooth-enabled smartphone's phonebook.
Route Information: If you already have a route planned, you can explore it in various ways by choosing "Route Information". You can choose from the following options.
- Route Instructions: This option provides a simple list of the turns involved and the distances or times between them.
- Map of Route: Using this option presents your calculated route on the map screen in its entirety
- Route Demo: This feature simulates visual and voice guidance of your route with a moving map.
- Show Destination: This option displays the destination point on the map.
Change Route: Once a route has been planned, you can change it using the "Change Route" menu. You can choose from the following options.
- Cancel Route: Simply cancels your calculated route.
- Re-calculate Route: Recalculate your current calculated route with new route planning options.
- Calculate Alternative: You can find an alternative route if you don't like the original route.
- Avoid Roadblock: If you spot signs of trouble (such as backed-up traffic), you can choose this menu option to navigate around the traffic backup.
- Travel via...: Choose "Travel Via" if you want to make sure the planned route goes past a particular location, perhaps to pick up or drop someone off.
- Avoid Part of Route: This menu option allows you to avoid intersections that are known for heavy traffic.
2 questions already asked