About the Ring Mailbox Sensor
I ask my husband "has the mail come yet?" at least a couple times a week. With the Ring Mailbox Sensor, I could know as soon as it arrived. Ring sends real-time alerts to your mobile device whenever the sensor detects motion. You can also have that motion turn on your Ring lighting or trigger recording on your Ring cameras and doorbells. And if you have an Amazon Alexa device, you can have it give you a heads up when your mail has arrived.
A Ring Smart Lighting Bridge (sold separately) is required for use.
- motion detector sends alert via Ring mobile app when your mailbox is opened
- works with Amazon Alexa devices (sold separately) to announce when your mail arrives
- requires Ring Smart Lighting Bridge
- detected motion can trigger Ring Smart Lighting to turn on and Ring Doorbells or cameras to begin recording video
- can also be used to detect motion in sheds and other metal enclosures
- up to 120° field of view and 15-foot range for motion detection
- installs easily with included screws or adhesive tape
- weather-resistant for outdoor placement
- operating temperature range: -4°F to 122°F
- powered by 3 "AAA" batteries (not included)
- motion sensor: 2-1/2"W x 2-9/16"H x 1-1/2"D
- antenna: 2-9/16"W x 2-9/16"H x 1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # B08FBK3YVX
What's in the box:
- Mailbox motion sensor (black)
- Flat mounting bracket
- Wall mounting bracket
- External antenna with attached 17" cable (right angled MMCX connector)
- 8mm Drill bit
- 2 Mounting screws (length 1")
- 2 Plastic wall anchors
- 2 Dual-sided adhesive pads
- 8mm Rubber grommet
- 2 Adhesive-backed wire clips
- Quick Start
- Important Product Information
- Ring decal
Customer reviews for Ring Mailbox Sensor
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Ring Mailbox Sensor
Overview: The Ring Mailbox Sensor is a wireless motion sensor that alerts you when your mailbox is opened. The battery-powered sensor sends notifications to your smartphone or tablet through the Ring app. Notifications can also be sent to any Amazon Alexa-enabled device. The sensor requires the Ring Bridge (not included) to add it to your other Ring products. In the app, you can link the sensor to other Ring devices, such as Ring cameras, doorbells, or smart lighting to start recording or turn on a light. The Mailbox Sensor is powered by 3 "AAA" batteries (not included). It is weather resistant, and can be used in temperatures ranging from -4°F and 122°F.
Installation: The Ring Mailbox Sensor installs on the inside of your mailbox door. If the mailbox is made of metal, you'll need to install the included external antenna because the metal mailbox will likely block the wireless signal from the sensor. The external antenna will also provide extra range, if needed. The antenna should be installed on the outside of the mailbox, which requires drilling a hole (drill bit included) for routing the antenna cable. If you are not connecting the antenna, you will need to flip the internal switch (in the battery compartment) away from the octagon symbol. (Leave it alone if you are connecting the antenna.) There are two mounting brackets for the Mailbox Sensor -- a low profile one for using the included double-sided tape, and a mounting bracket for mounting it with the two provided screws.
Ring App: The free Ring - Always Home app pulls together all of your Ring devices, including the Mailbox Sensor. The app sends you an instant alert to your phone or tablet whenever your mailbox is opened. You can link together other Ring devices to trigger actions from Ring Doorbell Cameras or Ring Smart Lighting devices. The Ring App is available for Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 14.0 or later, and for Android devices running version 9.0 and up. The Ring desktop app has been discontinued, however, all of your settings and Ring features will be accessible in your account on Ring.com.
1 question already asked