About the Shure BLX14R/MX53
Freedom of movement
Freedom of movement
Shure's BLX14R/MX153 wireless system includes the MX153 earset microphone, a BLX1 bodypack transmitter, and the BLX4R single-channel receiver. This package will connect you to your PA system, while giving you the freedom of movement you need to perform at your best. It's ideal for situations where a lavalier microphone has caused problems in the past, as the earset microphone gives you more usable headroom before feeding back.
It's simple to set up the system's transmitter and receiver. Press the Group button on the receiver and it automatically scans for the clearest group and channel. Then just set the transmitter to the same group and channel settings and you're ready to go. You can also set the Group and Channel manually, plus you can run up to 12 systems simultaneously depending on channel availability and RF environment.
The BLX4R receiver features a multi-function LCD display and audio status LED indicator lights that allow you to monitor the audio level. Its output level control lets you match the receiver's output to your system. XLR and 1/4" connectors give you multiple options when connecting to a PA. Rack-mount adapters are included so you can integrate the system into your PA setup.
Great sound and comfort
The MX153 earset condenser microphone features a omnidirectional polar pattern and a foam windscreen to cut down on wind and breath noise. Its flexible, lightweight design fits over either ear and gives you hours of wearing comfort.
Light weight and long life
The BLX1 bodypack transmitter completes a light and portable wireless solution. Two 2 AA batteries provide up to 14 hours operating time. Power and battery status LEDs keep you informed, and an adjustable gain control helps keep your signal clear.
The BLX14R/MX153 system offers understated appearance and freedom of movement, delivering Shure sound quality in a simple package.
When considering a wireless system, you'll want to pick the frequency band with the least interference from local TV stations. Shure's Wireless Frequency Finder will show you the TV stations in your area, along with a list of recommended channels. Choose the frequency band that gives you the most open channels.
- package includes:
- MX153 earset microphone
- BLX1 bodypack transmitter
- BLX4R single-channel receiver
- rack-mount kits, antennas, carrying bag, two AA batteries
- operating range: 300' (line of sight)
- battery life: up to 14 hours with 2 AA batteries
- transmitter LED indicates battery status
- locking transmitter and receiver controls
- receiver XLR and 1/4" outputs
- frequency response: 50-15,000 Hz
- gain adjustment range: 26 dB
- BLX1: 4-3/8"W x 2-1/2"H x 15/16"D
- BLX4R: 7-13/16"W x 1-5/8"H x 6-7/16"D (without rack mount adapters)
- BLX1: 2.6 oz.
- BLX4R: 2.2 lbs. (without rack mount adapters)
- MX153: 0.7 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # BLX14R/MX53-H10
What's in the box:
- BLX4R Single-channel receiver (H10 frequency band)
- BLX1 Bodypack transmitter
- Earset microphone w/ 4' cord (terminated in a TQG/TA4F connector)
- 3 Windscreens
- Zippered hard-shell case
- Short rackmount arm
- Long rackmount arm
- Two 4.5" 1/4-wave receiver antennas (male BNC terminal)
- Two 21" antenna cables (male BNC terminals on each end)
- 2 Female BNC couplers (female BNC terminals on each end)
- 2 Internal star lock washers
- 2 Hex lock nuts
- 4 Rubber washers
- Hardware pack (2 Hole-plugs / 4 Plastic washers / Four 20mm screws / Eight 12mm screws)
- PS24US Power supply w/ attached 73" DC cable & 74" AC cable (12VDC/400mA output)
- 2 AA batteries
- Zippered storage bag
- BLX4R User Guide
- MX153 Instruction manual (Eng / Span / Fren / Others)
- Safety instructions
- Limited Warranty sheet
Customer reviews for Shure BLX14R/MX53
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shure BLX14R/MX53
Overview: The Shure BLX14R/MX53-H10 Wireless Microphone System consists of the BLX4R rack mount wireless receiver, an MX153 Earset microphone, and a BLX1 bodypack transmitter. You can operate up to 12 compatible systems per frequency band (depending upon your region). The system operates on the H10 frequency band (542 to 572 MHz), and has a transmitting range of approximately 300 feet.
BLX4R: The BLX4R rack mount wireless receiver features one-touch QuickScan frequency selection to help you find the best open frequency for less interference. You can also manually change the group and channel assignments, if needed. It has an XLR mic-level output, as well as a 1/4" instrument-level output jack. The BLX4R is simple to set up, and has a microprocessor-controlled internal diversity antenna system with two removable 1/4-wave antennas. It has two LED indicators: an Audio LED to indicate the strength of the incoming signal (glows green for normal and red for overload), and a Ready LED to indicate the system is ready for use and receiving the transmitter signal. The BLX4R has an LCD display with detailed RF and audio metering. It is powered by the supplied 12-volt DC power supply, and comes with hardware to rack mount the receiver in a 1U rack space. For better reception when rack-mounting, hardware and extension cables are included to locate the antennas on the front of the rack-mounting brackets.
MX153 Microphone: The Shure Microflex MX153 is a professional subminiature earset microphone capable of delivering exceptional speech clarity in a discreet, low-profile form. With an extremely comfortable over-the-ear design, the MX153 is ultra-lightweight, stable, and features a Kevlar reinforced soft-flex cable. The MX153 is an ideal microphone for corporate presentations, houses of worship, A/V conferencing, and live sound reinforcement. The Microflex MX153 features a condenser cartridge with an omnidirectional polar pattern, offering superior clarity and enhanced plosive protection with no proximity effect. Built-in CommShield Technology helps protect the mic from interference caused by cellular RF devices and digital bodypack transmitters. The MX153 also features improved gain-before-feedback over standard lavalier type microphones.
BLX1: The MX153 microphone is paired with a BLX1 bodypack transmitter. It is powered by 2 "AA" alkaline batteries (included), which provide approximately 14 hours of battery life. The BLX1 has independent group and channel buttons for easy setup. The transmitter has a convenient clip for attaching it to a belt or pocket.
- Operating Frequency: 542-572MHz (H10)
- Frequency Response:
- BLX4R Receiver/BLX1 Transmitter: 50-15,000 Hz
- MX153: 20-20,000 Hz
- Maximum SPL (MX153): 107 dB
- Gain Adjustment Range (BLX1): 26dB
- RF Transmitter Output (BLX1): 10mW, typical
- BLX4R: Width: 7.755", Height: 1.646", Depth: 7.375", Weight: 8.5 oz.
- MX153: Diameter: 0.21" (0.375" w/ windscreen), Length: 4.0", Weight: 0.7 oz.
- BLX1: Width: 2.52", Height: 4.33", Depth: 0.83", Weight: 2.6 oz.