About the Yale Real Living Assure Lock SL Key-free Touchscreen Deadbolt (YRD256) with Z-Wave®
When my dogwalker lost his key to my house, I had to remember to leave mine in the lockbox for him until I could get to the hardware store to make another one. It took longer than I care to admit. With this electronic smart lock, I'd never have to worry about lost keys ever again.
Yale's Real Living Assure Lock is available in oil rubbed bronze (shown), satin nickel, or bright brass.
Just like the standalone version — this lock's capacitive touchscreen adds a coded entry option to your home. But this version also includes Yale's Z-Wave Network Module, which allows it to work with your existing Z-Wave hub — like SmartThings or Wink — to give you app control of your lock. Some hubs also allow the lock to work with your Amazon Alexa device for voice control.
Easy to install and use
All you need to replace your existing lock is a screwdriver — everything else to get you going is in the box. With the included Z-Wave network module, the lock can store up to 250 unique entry codes chosen by you. These codes are between 4 and 8 digits, and they can be created or removed at any time.
To lock the door, simply press any button. Or, enable the Auto Relock feature which relocks your door 30 seconds after it's been unlocked.
Installation suggestion: Yale has included a few features — like a low battery warning and a 9V battery jumper — to help prevent you from being locked out, but without a keyed option, a lockout is still a possibility. Because of this, Yale recommends using this product in locations with more than one point of entry.
- electronic door lock replaces existing deadbolt with just a screwdriver (not included)
- voice guidance walks you through setup and customization
- create up to 250 unique passcodes between 4 and 8 digits in length
- backlit numbers on capacitive touchscreen are easy to see
- unlock the door with app or passcode
- locks with one touch
- includes Yale Z-Wave Network Module for smart home integration
- compatible hub is required for use
- monitor, lock, and unlock from anywhere
- receive notifications and view access history
- features may vary based on Z-Wave controller
- fits doors 1-3/4" to 2-1/4" thick
- doors with thickness of 1-3/8" require a thin door gasket (sold separately)
- fits doors with a backset distance of 2-3/8" or 2-3/4" (measurement from the edge of the door to the center of the bore hole)
- face bore hole: 2-1/8"
- edge bore hole: 1"
Specs and warranty:
- powered by 4 replaceable "AA" batteries (included)
- expected battery life: 1 year
- 9V battery (not included) can be used as backup
- because there is no keyed option, Yale suggests using this product in locations with more than one point of entry
- exterior: 3-9/16"H x 2-9/16"W x 11/16"D
- interior: 6-7/8"H x 3"W x 2-1/8"D
- warranty: limited lifetime warranty for finish and mechanical; one year for electronics
- MFR # YRD256ZW210BP
What's in the box:
- Touchscreen escutcheon (Oil Rubbed Bronze)
- Interior escutcheon (Oil Rubbed Bronze)
- Mounting plate (attached to Interior escutcheon)
- Deadbolt latch assembly
- Strike plate
- Two 3" Strike plate security screws
- 3 Machine screws (#8-32 x 5/16")
- 4 Strike plate and deadbolt screws (#7 wood and #8-32 machine combination screws)
- 2 Screws (gold) for 1-3/8" door (M6 x 36mm)
- 2 Screws (black) for 1-3/4" door (M6 x 44mm)
- 2 Screws (silver) for 2-1/4" door (M6 x 55mm)
- 4 "AA" alkaline batteries
- Yale Z-Wave Smart Module
- Smart Module Installation Guide
- Installation and Programming Instructions
- Door marking template
- "Before You Begin" sheet
- Important Information on Product Returns
Customer reviews for Yale Real Living Assure Lock SL Key-free Touchscreen Deadbolt (YRD256) with Z-Wave®
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yale Real Living Assure Lock SL Key-free Touchscreen Deadbolt (YRD256) with Z-Wave®
Overview: The Yale Real Living Assure Lock SL Key-Free Touchscreen Deadbolt (YRD256) with Z-Wave Plus is a smart lock that replaces your existing deadbolt door lock. The lock offers keyless entry through the use of the touchscreen keypad. No keys are required (or included). With the included Yale Smart Module, you can lock, unlock, and monitor the door lock from anywhere through Yale's Z-Wave Plus Network, including Samsung SmartThings hub. Some hubs on the network even allow you to activate the lock with your voice using Amazon's Alexa. You can store up to 250 unique entry codes, between 4 and 8 digits, to gain entry to your door. Without the Smart Module installed, there are only 25 possible entry codes. The Yale Assure Lock SL is powered by 4 "AA" alkaline batteries (included). It is available in Satin Nickel, Polished Brass, and Oil Rubbed Bronze finishes.
Door Compatibility: You can install the Yale Assure Lock SL on doors with a thickness of 1-3/4" to 2-1/4". A special order thin door gasket kit must be used for doors 1-3/8" thick. The door should have a backset distance of 2-3/8" or 2-3/4" (from the edge of the door to the center of the bore hole), with a face bore hole of 2-1/8" and an edge bore hole of 1".
Installation Overview: Once you have removed the existing door hardware, you should use the included template to be sure your door is compatible (with the proper door thickness, backset placement, and bore hole size). The new latch and strike plate are installed in the bore holes. There are two components of the door lock -- the external escutcheon with the touchscreen, and the internal escutcheon with the thumbturn. The external unit is mounted to the door and attached to the inside mounting plate on the other side with the long through screws. The two units plug together via the 10-pin cable attached to the touchscreen keypad unit. The internal escutcheon mounts to the mounting plate via three short screws. Once the hardware is installed and tested mechanically, you can insert the Yale Smart Module and the 4 "AA" batteries into the slot in the battery compartment. Programming the Smart Lock involves setting the Master PIN and as many User PINs as you need.
Battery Override: When battery power is low, the keypad's Low Battery Warning indicator will glow red. Should you completely lose battery power, you can touch a 9-volt battery to the Battery Override terminals on the bottom of the keypad to wake up the lock, enter your PIN, and unlock the door. Once inside, you can replace the four AA batteries in the indoor unit.
Other Programming Features: In addition to setting the Master PIN and User PINs, you can program these other convenient features:
- Automatic Re-lock: You can program the Smart Lock to automatically re-lock after a preset amount of time: 30 seconds (default), 60 seconds, 2 minutes, or 3 minutes. You can also disable the feature, as well.
- Inside Indicator Light: The indoor escutcheon has an LED indicator to show you at a glance if the door is locked or unlocked. The default setting is "disengaged."
- One Touch Locking: When the latch is retracted, you can press any key on the touchscreen to immediately lock the door. The default setting is "engaged."
- Privacy Button Setting: Privacy Mode disables all PIN codes and puts the lock into a "do not disturb" mode. By default, this feature is disabled, and you must press the privacy button (on the indoor escutcheon) for more than 4 seconds to enable it.
- Audio Mode: When a PIN is entered correctly, the Smart Lock will sound a confirmation tone. If you wish to defeat the tones, you can disable the feature through programming.
- All Code Lockout: This mode restricts access to all users except with the Master PIN code. When one of the other PIN codes is entered, the touchscreen flashes 8 times, and beeps 3 times.
- Network Settings: You can allow the Smart Lock to connect with a network controller. You can program the lock to join or exit the network through the programming menu.
Warranty: The Yale Real Living Assure Lock SL is covered by a Limited Lifetime warranty for the finish and mechanical operation of the lock. The electronics are covered for one year. These warranties apply to the original owner only.
Dimensions: The Yale Assure Lock SL's main components have the following dimensions:
- Outdoor Escutcheon: Width 2.607", Height 3.567", Depth 0.614" (1.766" w/mounting tabs), Weight 10 ounces
- Indoor Escutcheon: Width 2.771", Height 6.416", Depth 2.179", Weight 1.61 pounds (w/batteries and Smart Module)
1 question already asked