About the Bose Professional FreeSpace® FS4CE
Flush-mount indoor/outdoor in-ceiling speakers
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
Flush-mount indoor/outdoor in-ceiling speakers
Bose® FreeSpace® FS4CE in-ceiling speakers feature a full-range 4-1/2" driver and a convenient thumb wheel transformer tap that lets you configure your system with several speakers powered by a single amplifier. And they're weather-resistant, so they can be used in indoor or outdoor spaces — anywhere you need background music and clearly audible announcements. For outdoor environments add optional white or black grilles.
Multiple mounting options
This versatile speaker has a couple of different install kit options. There's a Bose rough-in kit that helps you flush-mount it in drywall. If your business has a drop ceiling, a nifty Bose tile bridge will do the trick.
Part of a customizable Bose sound solution
The Bose Professional family of products offers speakers, amplifiers, processors and accessories that are designed to work together.
The lineup includes:
- A wide array of FreeSpace® speakers, subwoofers, and zone amplifiers
- in-ceiling EdgeMax™ speakers for placement in corners and near walls
- rugged PowerShare amplifiers
- clear, reliable Panaray® full-range driver arrays
- versatile ControlSpace® signal processors
- robust MB subwoofers
Our system designers can help you choose the right mix of products to customize a system that sounds amazing in your unique space.
- rugged in-ceiling design withstands installation in wet outdoor environments
- 4-1/2" full-range driver for background/foreground music and customer paging
- voiced for tonal consistency with other Bose® FreeSpace® DS components
- convenient thumb wheel transformer tap located on speaker face
- 70-volt taps at 2.5, 5, 10, 20 and 40 watts
- 100-volt taps at 5,10, 20 and 40 watts
- 8-ohm bypass for use with standard home stereo equipment
- 115° conical sound dispersion
- frequency response: 80-16,000 Hz (-3dB)
- recommended high-pass protection: 70 Hz with minimum 24 dB/octave filter
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- built-in steel backcan
Dimensions and warranty:
- overall dimensions: 10-3/4" diameter x 6-13/16" depth
- backcan dimensions: 8-3/4" diameter x 6-7/16" depth
- cutout diameter: 9-13/16"
- weight: 7.6 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # 841156-0410
What's in the box:
- 2 In-ceiling 70/100V speakers (white)
- 2 Grilles
- Two 6-pin Euroblock connectors
- 2 Connection covers
- Four 1/2" screws
- Cutout template
- Installation guide (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
- EN 54-24 Specifications link
Customer reviews for Bose Professional FreeSpace® FS4CE
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose Professional FreeSpace® FS4CE
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||N/A|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||80Hz-16kHz|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Bose FreeSpace FS4CE is a high-performance 70/100 volt, in-ceiling loudspeaker designed for foreground music and speech reproduction in a wide range of installed applications. The FS4CE speaker is an ideal choice for restaurants and bars, transportation facilities, houses of worship, retail applications, and can even be installed in wet outdoor environments. Made from durable polypropylene with a powder-coated aluminum grille, the FS4CE features a 4.5" full-range driver mounted in a ported enclosure that can deliver high output with a 115° nominal coverage pattern and a frequency response of 80Hz - 16kHz.
Shared Voicing: Shared voicing across the entire FreeSpace FS product line allows Bose FreeSpace loudspeakers to be integrated into the same system while maintaining consistent tonal quality.
Environmental: The Bose FS4CE speakers are designed for indoor or outdoor use and carry an IP55 weatherproof rating (per EN60529). The FS4CE speakers can also be installed in air plenum locations.
70/100 Volt: The FS4CE is rated for 40 watts RMS (160 watts peak) and can be used with both 70 and 100 volt systems. A tap bypass allows the speaker to operate in 8Ω, while a front dial allows tap settings to be made without having to remove the speaker from its mount. Accessing the front-panel tap dial is done by removing the grille. Tap settings include:
- 70 V: 2.5W, 5W, 10W, 20W, and 40W
- 100 V: 5W, 10W, 20W, and 40W
- Bypass: 8Ω
Connections: A front-panel 6-pin Euroblock connector with set-screw terminals is provided for speaker wire connections, accommodating wire from 18 - 14 AWG. This configuration allows the wiring connector to be accessed without having to remove the speaker from the ceiling. Two wiring knockouts - one vertical and one horizontal, allow the wiring to pass to the front panel, and can be used with an optional conduit clamp (not included). The 6-pin connector includes 3 pins for the Input wiring of the plug, and 3 pins for the Output, letting you "daisy-chain" multiple speakers together. Rubber connection-covers are provided for moisture protection in outdoor environments.
Mounting: The FS4CE speakers feature 3 integrated mounting arms that swing outward when tightened from the front of the speaker, supporting the speaker against the back of the mounting surface. A cable tab on the back of the speaker is provided for installing an optional safety cable assembly (sold separately).
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB): 80Hz - 16kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 70Hz - 17kHz
- Power Handling: 40W RMS/ 160W Peak
- Nominal Dispersion: 115° (1-10kHz)
- Maximum SPL: 111 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω (transformer bypassed)
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 V: 2.5W, 5W, 10W, 20W, 40W
- 100 V: 5W, 10W, 20W, 40W
- Driver: (1) 4.5" Full-range
- Diameter: 10.68"
- Mounting Height: 0.46"
- Mounting Depth: 6.48"
- Total Depth w/Grille: 6.94"
- Cutout Diameter: 9.80"
- Weight: 7.65 lbs. (each)
The Bose Professional FreeSpace® FS4CE replaces these items