About the Kicker 10ZX300.1
If you appreciate the difference between great sound and just blowing a lot of air, then you'll really like the way Kicker ZX amps play your music. This versatile Kicker ZX mono amp employs a low-distortion Class AB design that'll power a subwoofer for bass, or send the full range of your music or video soundtrack to a center channel speaker. It'll bring thrilling clarity and impact to your listening experience.
Of course, the Kicker 10ZX300.1 can play loud if you want, pumping up to 300 watts RMS to your sub for a low-frequency punch that'll really grab some attention. You can control the shape of the bass with the low-pass filter and bass boost to get the best fit for your car and your system.
Balanced differential inputs help prevent noise from entering your system, and also allow you to wire ZX amps to almost any receiver. This ZX amp is so dependable that Kicker normally warranties it for two years, but they'll extend that warranty to three years if you purchase the appropriate Kicker amp wiring kit with it.
- mono car amplifier
- 225 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- selectable low-pass filter (80 Hz, 24 dB per octave)
- switchable bass boost (12 dB at 40 Hz)
- fixed subsonic filter (25 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- Class AB technology (frequency response: 25-20K Hz)
- differential-balanced inputs eliminate noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs (speaker-level input requires an optional adapter)
- preamp outputs
- fuse rating: 20A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 13-1/2"W x 2-1/8"H x 9-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with the Kicker 09PK8 amp wiring kit)
- MFR # 10zx3001
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- Four 20-amp fuses (2 installed)
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Certified Power certificate
Customer reviews for Kicker 10ZX300.1
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 10ZX300.1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
225 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||300 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||25-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||96 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||80 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||20 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||---|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years*|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years*|
CEA 2006 Compliant: The ZX300.1's power and signal to noise ratio ratings are measured according to the strict standards dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the output ratings of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging.
Kicker Livin' Loud Certified Power Certificate: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum wattage of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, tested date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Dual Input Sensitivity Differential RCA Inputs: The ZX300.1 has one pair of RCA inputs which will accept either high or low level signals. The unit has an input level switch that allows you to select a low- or high-level input; a low-level signal from the stereo's preamp output is recommended. If the stereo lacks preamp outputs, you can use the unit's speaker-level outputs; attach RCA plugs onto the speaker wire (adapter item number 136XDCLR2S) and set the input level switch to HI.
Auto Turn-on Selection: The ZX-series offers three different automatic turn-on modes; select from:
- Remote Turn-on: connect a wire from the remote turn-on lead from your source unit to the REM terminal on the amplifier; this is the preferred turn-on method
- DC Offset Turn-on: the DC offset mode detects a 6-volt DC offset from the high-level speaker outputs when the source unit is turned on; if remote turn-on is not an option, this is the next best choice; the REM terminal will have +12V out for turning on an additional amplifier
- Signal Sense Turn-on: detects the incoming audio signal from your source unit and automatically turns the amp on; will not work if the input gain control is not set properly; the REM terminal will have +12V out for turning on an additional amplifier
Protection Circuitry: The ZX300.1's protection circuitry guards against damage and undesired operation. The amp is protected by thermal protection, voltage protection, and short circuit protection. The power indicator on top of the amp glows red when the amplifier is connected correctly and the protection has not been engaged. If the red Protection LED illuminates, the amp's protection circuit has been engaged and the amplifier is in protect mode until the problem is resolved.
Low-pass Filter: The internal low-pass filter's crossover point is 80 Hz and the slope is 24dB per octave. The crossover can be turned off so the amp can power a full range speaker; the subsonic filter remains engaged so the frequency response is 25 Hz to 20 kHz.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter allows the amplifier to block ultra-low frequencies that your subs can't reproduce, improving the efficiency of your speaker system. The filter is fixed at 25 Hz, and has a slope of 24dB per octave.
Bass Boost: The ZX300.1's bass boost circuit provides 12dB signal boost at 40Hz. The bass boost circuit is turned on/off using the switch on the right side of the amp.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 4 gauge wire)
- REM (remote turn-on): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 12 gauge wire)
- GND (ground): gold-plated screw set terminal (accepts up to 4 gauge wire)
- Fuse: two 20-amp ATO fuses
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Auto Turn-on Selection: 3-way switch (+12V, DC Offset, Audio)
- Input Level Switch: 2-way push button (Low, High)
- Speaker Outputs: gold-plated set screw terminals (accept up to 8 gauge wire)
- RCA Input: gold-plated RCA input jacks
- RCA Output: gold-plated RCA line output jacks; live when using line or speaker level inputs; not affected by internal crossover
- Remote Bass: RJ-14 jack for use with optional ZXRC remote bass level control
Amp Wiring Kit: Kicker recommends using an 8-gauge wiring kit with this amplifier.
Warranty Note: The warranty on this amplifier is 2 years parts and labor. If the amp is installed using a qualifying Kicker amplifier wiring kit, in this case item number 20609PK8, the warranty is extended to 3 years parts and labor. The amp and wiring kit must be purchased on the same invoice from an authorized Kicker dealer (Crutchfield for example) and the warranty extension is only valid in the USA.