About the Primare CD35
A finely tuned CD player
A finely tuned CD player
Primare often separates the basic tasks of playing CDs, offering dedicated disc transports and a variety of components with built-in DACs. In the case of the CD35, all of the key ingredients — the disc drive, DAC, and output stage — work together to create beautifully balanced, natural sound. This is the finest CD player Primare has ever made.
The CD35's high-performance TEAC disc drive supplies a jitter-free signal to the digital output stage, which boasts its own discrete power supply, ensuring that the digital signal sent to the player's DAC is as noise-free as possible. The DAC is the state-of-the-art ESS ES9028Pro SABRE DAC. This 8-channel DAC chip is used in a double-differential mode here — four DAC channels per stereo channel — resulting in vanishingly low distortion and noise.
Attention to every detail, inside and out
The CD35 is no lightweight whether you're talking sound quality or build quality. Weighing 23 pounds, it's one of the heftier CD players we carry, yet its minimalist design gives it an air of visual elegance. Inside, carefully crafted ultra-short signal paths allow each individual component and sub circuit to operate sympathetically to achieve a cohesive whole.
The CD35's playback combines absolute accuracy with compelling musicality, which you'll experience whether you use the player's balanced XLR or unbalanced RCA outputs to connect to your gear. You can select either fixed or variable volume level — choose fixed mode for connecting to a receiver or preamp, while variable mode is the best option for connecting directly to an amplifier or powered speakers.
Stylish sound from Scandinavia
Founded in Sweden in the mid '80s, Primare relies on a talented team of designers to create its innovative high-end audio components. Among audiophiles, their equipment is admired both for its exceptional sound quality and its elegant appearance.
- plays audio CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs
- premium high-performance 32-bit ESS Technology ES9028Pro SABRE DAC
- 8-channel DAC configured to run in double-differential mode for stereo
- TEAC precision disc drive resists vibration and noise
- custom linear power supply combined with a switching mode standby supply (turned off when in playback mode to minimize noise)
- discrete analog output stage with a hand selected FET input section
- ultra-short signal paths with fewer, higher quality parts result in reduced distortion
- signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB
- remote control
- 1 stereo balanced XLR analog output
- 1 stereo unbalanced RCA analog output
- selectable fixed or variable volume for analog outputs
- 1 coaxial digital audio output
- 1 Toslink optical digital audio output
- 3.5mm IR remote control in/out can be used with an optional IR repeater system and compatible Primare products
- 3.5mm 12V trigger in/out for switching on the CD35 from another device, like Primare's I35 integrated amp
- RS-232 port for use with home automation control systems, like Crestron
- detachable power cord
Dimensions and warranty:
- 16-15/16"W x 4-3/16"H x 17-1/16"D
- weight: 23.1 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # PRIS30CD35BLK
What's in the box:
- CD player
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (C25)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Two 59" Mono-minijack cables
- AC polarity pen
- Thank You Letter
- Safety And Warning Notification
Customer reviews for Primare CD35
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Primare CD35
Features & specs
|CD Transport Only||No|
|Direct Track Access||Yes|
|Direct Disc Access||N/A|
|Network Music Streaming||No|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Stereo SACD Playback||N|
|CD Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||110 dB|
|SACD Frequency Response||Not Given|
|SACD Dynamic Range||Not Given|
|SACD THD||Not Given|
|Digital Optical Input||No|
|Digital Coaxial Input||No|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|USB Type-B Input||No|
|Analog RCA Output||Yes|
|Analog XLR Output||Yes|
|Digital Optical Output||Yes|
|Digital Coaxial Output||Yes|
CD35 CD Player: The Primare CD35 CD player combines a state-of-the-art TEAC dedicated CD drive and all-new reference balanced DAC stage feeding a finely tuned balanced analog output stage (with selectable fixed or variable output). Each component part of the CD35 (the drive, the DAC, the output stage) contributes to an audiophile-grade listening experience.
TEAC 5020A-AT CD Transport: At the heart of CD35 is a state-of-the-art dedicated TEAC CD drive supplying a jitter-free digital signal to an all-new DAC stage utilizing a superb-sounding eight channel ESS Sabre chipset to convert that signal to analog for delivery to a finely tuned output stage. The TEAC CD 5020A-AT is an isolated transport that is adjustable for precise, smooth tray loading, and low clamp noise. An internal interphase I2S and SPDIF digital audio interface combined with buffered memory is utilized for improved performance.
Note: The CD35 supports playback of CD-Audio discs; as well as CD-R/CD-RW discs with PCM music files (up to 44.1kHz). Its compatible with 8cm and 12cm discs. Not compatible with SACD or DVD Audio discs.
ESS Sabre ES9028PRO DAC: In order to allow for playback of virtually any digital source with absolute accuracy and musicality Primare selected the state-of-the-art ES9028PRO SABRE digital-to-analog converter (DAC), a 32-bit, 8-channel PRO series DAC based on ESS patented HyperStreamDAC technology for outstanding performance with 129dB dynamic range (DNR), and -120dB total harmonic distortion plus noise (TH+N). The ESS chip is used in a balanced D/A conversion scheme that feeds a discrete analog output stage with a hand selected FET input section.
Custom Linear Power Supply: The Primare CD35 utilizes a custom linear power supply that is combined with a switch mode standby supply (turned off when in playback mode to minimize noise) to deliver on demand the precise power needed.
Balanced & Unbalanced Analog Outputs: The Primare CD35 is outfitted with both balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA stereo analog outputs to connect the CD player to your receiver or integrated amplifier. Balanced connections guard against induced noise and allow long cable runs without compromising sound quality. You can select between a Fixed or Variable analog output.
Optical & Coaxial Digital Outputs: The CD35 is equipped with an optical (toslink) and coaxial (RCA) digital outputs that support 16-bit/44.1kHz PCM audio. The optical and coaxial digital outputs to not support Dolby Digital/DTS.
Remote Control: The Primare CD35 includes an IR remote; plus offers IR Input/Output connections, a 12V trigger in/out, and a RS232 port.
- IR Remote: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the Pirmare CD35 CD player. The IR remote offers the same controls that are located on the front-panel, as well as advanced playback, search, and menu functions.
- IR Input/Output: The IR input (3.5mm) and IR output (3.5mm) can be used with an optional IR repeater system (sold separately) and compatible Primare products.
- 12V Trigger In/Out: The 12V Trigger input/output (3.5mm) allows you to syncrhonize the CD35 CD player's power on/off with other components that also features a 12V Trigger input/output.
- RS232 Port: The RS232 port allows you to connect the CD35 CD player to a third-party home automation control systems, such as Crestron (sold separately).
Front-Panel Display & Controls: The front-panel display indicates elapsed and remain time. You can switch between elapsed time for the current track or entire disc and reamining time for the current track and entire disc. You can also adjust the brightness level of the display. Front-panel controls include Power On/Off, Play, Skip, Stop, Open, and Menu.