About the CRUX ACP-WLX
The wireless option for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
The wireless option for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
If you've got a factory or aftermarket car stereo that includes wired Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, CRUX's ACP-WLX interface lets you convert it to wireless CarPlay or Android Auto. Just set and forget — simply plug the interface into the stereo's CarPlay/Android Auto-compatible USB port, follow the simple onscreen instructions, and bingo, you're good to go wirelessly. The ACP-WLX will remember your settings when you hop back in your vehicle. The ACP-WLX interface works with any factory radio with wired Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and with select aftermarket stereos with wired Apple CarPlay/Android Auto made by Alpine, Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Jensen, Boss, Dual, Axxera, and Stinger.
Wired or wireless
This CRUX solution includes the compact interface and cables you need to connect to your stereo's USB input. The ACP-WLX includes a pass-through USB port, so you can switch back to wired operation if you need to charge up your phone's battery. If you want to stay wireless, you may want to consider a wireless Qi charger to help keep your iPhone's battery replenished.
Compatibility notes: This interface only works with radios that offer wired Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. It is not compatible with factory radios that require the Apple CarPlay or Android Auto app to be downloaded. This interface is compatible with Sony aftermarket car stereos with a firmware update.
- plug-and-play interface that converts wired Apple CarPlay or Android Auto in factory and select aftermarket car stereos to wireless Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- compatible with select Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC, Alpine, Jensen, Boss, Dual, Axxera, and Stinger car stereos with wired Apple CarPlay or Android Auto (see Details tab for more info)
- Sony car stereos require a firmware update (See Details tab for update link)
- pass-through USB port allows wired CarPlay/Android Auto connection to charge phone's battery
- includes interface, USB-A to USB-C cable, USB-C to USB-C cable
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # ACP-WLX
What's in the box:
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto wireless dongle
- 12" USB-C to USB-A cable
- 12" USB-C cable
- Installation Instructions
Customer reviews for CRUX ACP-WLX
Average review:4.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the CRUX ACP-WLX
Wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto Dongle: The CRUX ACP-WLX Wireless Dongle converts wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in select aftermarket car stereos to wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Compatible aftermarket radios include Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC, Alpine, Jensen, Boss, Dual/Axxera, and Stinger. It also works with factory radios that have built-in CarPlay and Android Auto (not compatible with factory radios that require the Apple CarPlay or Android Auto app to be downloaded).
- Now compatible with Sony aftermarket head units via firmware update.
- CRUX does not guarantee compatibility with all Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible aftermarket and factory radio models from the brands listed above.
- The ACP-WLX Wireless Dongle cannot be used in conjunction with CRUX's Smart-Play Integration Systems for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
USB & Bluetooth Connectivity: The CRUX ACP-WLX features a USB-C port and comes with a 12" USB cable that plugs into your compatible factory or aftermarket radio's USB port that is used for CarPlay or Android Auto. You'll then need to connect your Apple iPhone (5S or newer) or Android smartphone (OS Lollipop 5.0 or newer) to the ACP-WLX via Bluetooth to gain wireless connectivity. Select your compatible radio's USB-enabled CarPlay or Android Auto source input for setup and playback.
- Compatible Wireless Apple CarPlay Devices: An Apple iPhone with iOS 9.0+ and 5GHZ WiFi can utilize Wireless Apple CarPlay with the CRUX ACP-WLX.
- Compatible Android Auto Wireless Devices: A Google or Samsung smartphone with Android OS 10.0+ or any smartphone with Android OS 11.0+ and 5GHz WiFi can utilize Android Auto Wireless with the CRUX ACP-WLX.
Note: The ACP-WLX comes with a 12" USB-C to USB-A cable and a 12" USB-C to USB cable. Only one cable will be used based on the type of USB connection on the back of your compatible aftermarket head unit or OEM radio.
Pass-Through USB Port: There is also a pass-through USB-A port on the CRUX ACP-WL that allows you to connect your Apple iPhone's Lighting-to-USB cable or Android smartphone's USB cable, so you can continue to charge the phone's battery while enjoying wireless CarPlay or Android Auto.
Warning & Disclaimer: The CRUX ACP-WLX must not be used by the driver for watching movies or videos while driving and operating the vehicle, which is also prohibited by law in many states and localities. CRUX Interfacing Solutions and Crutchfield shall not be held liable for any consequential, incidental and contingent damages arising from misuse, but not limited to material damage or personal injury resulting, directly or indirectly due to any unauthorized usage of this product.
End User Agreement: End user agrees to utilize this product in accordance with the above mentioned stipulations and in compliance with all Local, State and Federal laws. If user does not agree with any of the above safety warnings, end-user shall be legally bound to immediately discontinue use and return this product to place of purchase.
The CRUX ACP-WLX replaces these items
- plug-and-play interface that converts wired Apple CarPlay in factory and select aftermarket car stereos to wireless Apple CarPlay
- compatible with Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC, Alpine, Jensen, Boss, Dual, Axxera, and Stinger car stereos with wired Apple CarPlay
- pass-through USB port allows wired CarPlay connection to charge iPhone battery
35 questions already asked