About the Pro-Ject E1
An affordable, reliable turntable
The Pro-Ject E1 is built to last. It boasts a rigid, lightweight tonearm, a vibration-damping silicone drive belt, and a solid base that rests on vibration-absorbing feet. A pre-mounted Ortofon OM 5e cartridge is included, and tracking force and anti-skating are pre-set at the factory, so you can get set up and start playing records quickly. And you can switch from 33-1/3 to 45 RPM electronically, without having to make manual belt adjustments.
- anti-resonant ABS polymer platter with felt mat
- silicone drive belt provides excellent vibration damping
- 8.6" one-piece aluminum tonearm with low-friction, vibration-free bearing
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon OM 5e moving magnet cartridge
- tracking force and anti-skating are pre-set at the factory
- solid CNC-machined composite fiber plinth with shock absorbing feet
- damped DC motor
- electronic switching between 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds
- fully manual operation
- pre-attached RCA output cable
- speed variance: 0.7% (at 33-1/3 RPM), 0.6% (at 45 RPM)
- wow and flutter: 0.25% (at 33-1/3 RPM), 0.23% (at 45 RPM)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 65dB
Dimensions and warranty:
- 16-3/8"W x 4-3/8"H (with dust cover down) x 13-9/16"D
- weight: 7.7 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years (1 year warranty for the supplied cartridge)
- MFR # 9120122291801
What's in the box:
- Sub-platter (pre-installed)
- Tone-arm (pre-installed)
- Cartridge w/ stylus (pre-installed)
- Counter-weight (pre-installed)
- AC power adapter (attached 57" DC cord)
- 3 AC power plugs (US/UK/EU)
- 45RPM adapter
- Dust cover
- Stylus pressure gauge
- Two-point cartridge alignment protractor
- Instructions for Use
Customer reviews for Pro-Ject E1
Average review:3.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pro-Ject E1
Features & specs
|45 RPM Adapter||Yes|
|Materials and Construction|
|Tone Arm Shape||Straight|
|Tone Arm Material||Aluminum|
|Tone Arm Lift||Finger, Lever|
|Included Cartridge||Ortofon OM 5E|
|Tracking Weight||1.75 g (17.5mN)|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||65|
|Wow and Flutter||0.25|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Turntable Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Turntable Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Cartridge Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Cartridge Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Belt-Drive System with Electronic Speed Switching: The E1 turntable features Pro-Ject's proven manual belt-drive system with an electronically regulated, precision-speed AC motor. The precision-speed AC motor drives a silicone belt attached to a newly designed sub-platter with optinum damping for low-noise operation. The Pro-Ject E1 turntable supports 33 and 45 RPM speeds (45 RPM adapter included).
Anti-Resonant Platform: The stylish CNC-machined composite fiber plinth (available in high gloss black, high gloss white or walnut finish) is carefully manufactured to ensure there are no hollow spaces inside. The new ABS Polymer main platter is strengthened with specifically designed ridges in order to create an ideal, anti-resonant platform for your vinyl records. A felt mat is also included for added protection against unwanted resonance. In addition, the purpose-chosen turntable feet also do a good job of isolating the E1 turntable from ambient vibrations around your hi-fi system.
One-Piece Aluminum Tonearm: The lightweight and low friction 8.6" aluminum tonearm is optimized for the included Ortofon OM5e cartridge and will bring out its maximum potential. With its straight, 8.6" effective length and stiff aluminum construction, this one-piece tonearm also features low-friction bearings for absolute accuracy in use. Besides the clean and stylish looks, the integrated headshell won't cause any additional vibrations either, and is a big improvement over many other detachable, screwed-on or glued-on headshells.
Ortofon OM5e MM Cartridge: The Pro-Ject E1 comes supplied with a high quality Ortofon OM5e Moving Magnet cartridge, featuring an elliptical diamond stylus tip for true high-fidelity playback from your vinyl record collection. With its pre-adjusted tracking force and anti skating by Pro-Ject's experienced technicians in the factory, you know the turntable will sound its best.
Attached Stereo RCA Cable: The Pro-Ject E1 is outfitted with an attached 44" stereo RCA cable to connect the turntable to a Phono MM input of your integrated amplifier or receiver.
Note: The Pro-Ject E1 requires a Phono MM input. If your integrated amp or AV receiver does not feature a dedicated Phono MM input, you'll also need an external Phono MM preamp (sold separately - see Accessories List).
Hinged Dust Cover: The Pro-Ject E1 comes with a hinged, clear acrylic dust cover to protect the turntable and your vinyl records from dust build-up.
- Dimensions With Dust Cover Closed: 16.375" (w) x 4.375" (h) x 13.5625" (d)
- Dimensions with Dust Cover Opened: 16.375" (w) x 14.5" (h) x 15.5" (d)