About the Austere V Series Active Premium HDMI Cable
In today's 4K-based home theaters, conventional HDMI cables sometimes struggle to deliver a flawless picture over lengths greater than a couple meters. Austere's 5-meter HDMI cable uses state-of-the-art active technology to provide optimal visual and audio performance. This cable meets the highest standards of 4K specifications to maximize the picture and sound quality from your audio/video gear.
This is a directional cable: the "source" and "TV" ends are clearly marked to avoid hookup confusion.
Should you get a Premium HDMI cable?
At lengths of a few meters or less, any well-made "high-speed" HDMI cable should work fine in most 4K applications. But if you're connecting an Ultra HD Blu-ray player to a 4K TV — especially a longer run — a Premium HDMI cable will guarantee flawless performance.
- active design uses a signal processing chip to ensure more reliable signal transmission over greater distances
- powered by the HDMI connection to the source device; no external power required
- latest HDMI version 2.0b features:
- full 4K HDR support (meets or exceeds 18 Gbps bandwidth)
- supports up to 32 channels of audio, and up to 1536 kHz audio sampling rate
- ARC (Audio Return Channel) for sending Dolby® Digital sound from a TV back to an A/V receiver
- supports bi-directional Ethernet communication with compatible components
- directional design — connection ends are labeled to reduce installation error
- silver-plated copper conductors produce exceptional audio quality and performance
- unique LinkFit connectors provide a snug grip so that cable stays connected
- extra-thick 30 micro-inch gold-plated contacts resist corrosion, eliminate resistance build-up, and increase signal reliability
- warranty: lifetime
- MFR # 5S-4KHD1-5.0M
What's in the box:
- 16.4' HDMI active cable (terminated by a male HDMI type-A connector on each end)
Customer reviews for Austere V Series Active Premium HDMI Cable
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Austere V Series Active Premium HDMI Cable
5-Series HDMI Cable: Incorporating Austere's aDesign philosophy, the 5-Series HDMI cable is designed with innovative technologies and materials for audio/video performance and long-lasting durability. The HDMI cable's pure-gold connectors remove the worry of oxidation occurring - giving you a long-lasting, high-performance AV experience. Austere's unique LinkFit HDMI connectors are engineered to produce an internal grip that holds tight for optimal audio/video performance. In addition, the 5-Series HDMI cable uses Kevlar reinforced windings and a WovenArmor jacket for super flexibility and greater strength.
HDMI 2.0b: The 5-Series HDMI cable meets HDMI version 2.0b specifications with support for 4K/60Hz and HDR (High Dynamic Range) video at 18Gbps maximum bandwidth, as well as high-resolution multichannel audio. It also supports bi-directional Ethernet communication and ARC (Audio Return Channel).
Active HDMI Technology: State-of-the-art active HDMI Cable technology provides optimal visual and audio performance at cable lengths up to 16.4' (5.0M). This active HDMI cable is directional, which means each HDMI connector is specifically labeled for "TV" or "Source". Make sure you plug the appropriate HDMI connecter into the appropriate device to avoid signal loss.
Note: Do not use any intermediate cables or adapters between the connections, as the signal transmission performance maybe attenuated.
aDesign Philosophy: Austere's aDesign philosophy begins with a passion to create products with purpose and style. Dedicated to much more than just value and functionality, it's a commitment to create products that are designed with intent, from the superior materials to the injection of colors. aDesign is the consistent standard upon which the Austere design team honors and respects those core values.
Lifetime Guarantee: Austere creates products that perform to the highest expectations every single time and are backed with a lifetime guarantee to never break and never fail, ensuring Austere products perform to your expectations every time.