About the Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
The ideal traveling companion
Canon's compact 10-18mm zoom lens and your EOS SLR camera with an APS-C sensor make a perfect match for capturing crystal-clear, wide-angle images wherever you roam. The lens' stepping motor (STM) and refined autofocus system give you virtually silent operation for smoother-looking videos with better sound. The built-in Optical Image Stabilizer helps keep your shots blur-free. And at just 8-1/2 ounces, this lens won't weigh you down when you're ready to hit the road. It's the perfect choice when you're not sure what's next — a dramatic landscape, a child's face out on the playground — or a candid group shot.
- EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM wide-angle zoom lens with 35mm equivalent of 16-29mm
- compatible with Canon APS-C format digital SLR cameras
- Optical Image Stabilizer minimizes the effect of camera shake for longer exposure times (up to four equivalent stops)
- stepping motor (STM) and newly designed focus mechanism provide smooth and quiet continuous autofocus for video recording and shooting photos
- one aspherical and one UD (ultra-low dispersion) lens element for excellent image quality throughout the zoom range
- available full-time manual focusing (automatically overrides autofocus)
- compact, lightweight design for outstanding portability
- constructed of 14 elements in 11 groups
- minimum focus distance: 8-3/4"
- minimum aperture: f22 (at 10mm)/f29 (at 18mm)
- filter size: 67mm
- lens is 2-7/8" long, 2-15/16" in diameter
- front and rear lens caps included
- weight: 8.5 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # 9519B002
What's in the box:
- EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM zoom lens
- E-67 II Front lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- Limited Warranty card
- Usage Precautions sheet
Customer reviews for Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
Overview: The Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5-5.6 IS STM lens is an ultra-wide angle zoom lens for Canon EOS cameras with an APS-C image sensor. It presents a field of view equivalent to that of a 16-28.8mm lens in 35mm photography. The lens features a built-in Optical Image Stabilizer (IS), as well as a Stepping Motor (STM) for smooth, quiet auto focus.
Image Stabilizer (IS): The built-in Optical Image Stabilizer can be used in the AF (autofocus) or MF (manual focus) modes. The Image Stabilizer gives the equivalent effect of a shutter speed four stops faster. Two 2-position switches located on the barrel of the lens allow you to turn the image stabilizer on and off.
Stepping Motor (STM): The EF-S 10-18mm lens is equipped with a Stepping Motor (STM) with lead screws that drives the focus lens, and also controls the focus lens during zooming. The STM and the newly-designed focus mechanism support the Canon EOS Movie Servo AF function to provides quiet, smooth auto focusing during video recording, as well as when shooting still images.
AF/MF Switch: A switch on the lens barrel lets you select Auto Focus (AF) or Manual Focus (MF). The rear focusing system, high-speed CPU, and improved AF algorithm allows high speed auto focus. Full-time manual focus allows you to manually focus with the focus ring, even while the lens is in AF mode.
Optional Hood and Filters: The EF-S 10-18mm lens has a 67mm mounting thread on the front of lens for attaching screw-on type filters. The optional EW-73C lens hood blocks out unwanted light, and protects the front of the lens from the elements.
- Focal Length: 10-18mm
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 16-28.8mm
- Lens Construction: 14 elements in 11 groups
- Maximum Aperture: f/4.5 at 10mm, f/5.6 at 18mm
- Minimum Aperture: f/22 at 10mm, f/29 at 18mm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 8.6" or 0.22 m
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 107° 30' to 74° 20'
- Vertical: 74° 10' to 45° 30'
- Horizontal: 97° 10' to 64° 30'
- Diameter: 2.924"
- Length: 3.238" (3.792" with lens caps)
- Weight: 8.5 ounces