About the Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
Fans of telephoto shooting will appreciate the high quality and extensive zoom power of this Canon EF lens. It may be less advanced than other lenses in the EF line, but when it's paired with a compatible EOS camera it still gives you the crisp photos that Canon users have come to expect.
Zero in on far-off objects — a bald eagle perched atop a distant tree, your favorite movie star shaking hands on the red carpet, you name it — for detailed shots with an up-close feel. And shooting just five feet from a subject, you can fill the frame with an object as small as a dollar bill. This kind of telephoto ability is an important part of any aspiring photographer's bag of tricks.
- f/4-5.6 III EF telephoto lens with 35mm equivalent of 75-300mm
- compatible with all Canon EOS SLR cameras
- minimum focus distance: 4.9 ft.
- constructed of 13 elements in 9 groups
- filter size: 58mm
- lens is 5-3/8" long, 2-13/16" in diameter
- weight: 1.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # 6473A003
What's in the box:
- EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III telephoto lens
- E-58mm Lens cap (installed)
- Back cover (installed)
- Limited warranty card
- Multi-lingual Instructions
Customer reviews for Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
Product Overview: The Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III lens is a telephoto zoom lens compatible with Canon EOS full frame and APS-C cameras. On cameras with an APS-C image sensor, the lens provides a 120-480mm equivalent focal length range.
Auto/Manual Focus: To shoot in Autofocus mode, set the focus mode switch on the lens to "AF". To manually focus the camera, set the switch to "MF", and focus by turning the focusing ring.
Aperture: The aperture is set with the camera's electronic input dial. The aperture will change according to the focal length. However, special operation is not required since the camera automatically reads the aperture change.
Optional Accessories (available from Canon): Compatible optional accessories include: LP1019 Lens case, ET-60 hood, and screw-in filters (58mm).
- Focal Length: 75-300mm
- Equivalent Focal Length (APS-C cameras): 120-480mm
- Filter Diameter: 58mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/4-5.6
- Minimum Aperture: f/32-45
- Magnification and Area:
- 75mm: 0.07x /367 x 555mm (14.6" x 21.6")
- 300mm: 0.25x /95 x 142mm (3.7" x 5.6")
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 32º 11' - 8º 15'
- Vertical: 18º 11' - 4º 35'
- Horizontal: 27º - 6º 50'
- Lens Construction: 13 elements in 9 groups
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 4.92 feet (59.04 inches)
- 75mm: 2.776" Diameter x 5.581" Length (6.214" w/lens caps)
- 300mm: 2.776" Diameter x 7.710" Length (8.368" w/lens caps)
- Weight: 16.8 ounces