About the Canon PowerShot PICK
Smart PTZ camera finds and takes the best shots
Smart PTZ camera finds and takes the best shots
The Canon PowerShot PICK smart pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) active tracking camera uses AI to pick and take shots from anywhere you set it.
Canon's PowerShot PICK PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) camera is smart and easy to use. It's battery powered and lightweight, and it fits in your pocket. This unique camera uses a specially developed algorithm to automatically search for faces of people nearby.
You simply place the PICK facing the general area you want to shoot, and it takes shots — at your command, or when it recognizes certain people or actions you choose during setup.
Forget about the camera and get in the picture
When you set up the PICK using Canon's free Mini PTZ app (required), you can select options for its built-in AI, including shooting frequency, zoom range, and more. And since you don't need to hold or activate the camera, you — the photographer — are free to be in the shot more naturally than ever.
The PICK can automatically recognize up to 12 people you specify during setup. It can track action, like a kid bouncing across a hopscotch grid. It can even recognize when people smile, and more.
App and voice control
For more direct control, you can use the app to take shots manually. Or use your voice. Just say "Hello Pick," and give it simple voice commands — take a photo, record a video, change subjects, or stop capturing.
The Canon Mini PTZ app is required for the initial setup and to access certain features.
- smart pan-tilt-zoom camera automatically follows the action, capturing photos and videos
- 1/2.3-inch 12-megapixel CMOS image sensor
- 19-57mm optical zoom lens (35mm equivalent)
- 3x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom
- maximum aperture f/2.8
- pans 170° in both directions and tilts 110°
- recognizes up to 12 people you specify during setup
- built-in image stabilization
Connections and control:
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® connectivity
- remote and voice control through the free Canon Mini PTZ app for Apple® and Android™ devices
- phone pairing through Canon Mini PTZ app required for initial setup and access to certain features
- requires smart phone with Bluetooth and iOS 12 or higher, iPadOS 13 or higher, or Android 8.0 and up
- records photos and video to microSD memory cards (16GB card included)
- built-in rechargeable battery
- USB-C charging or constant power
Dimensions and warranty:
- 2-1/4"W x 3-1/4"H x 2-1/4"D
- weight: 5.85 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # 4828C013
What's in the box:
- PTZ camera (black)
- 39" USB charging/data cable (USB-C plug on each end)
- Warranty sheet
- SanDisk Ultra 16 GB microSDHC card (separately packaged
- Anker 20W USB charging adapter (separately packaged)
- User Manual
Customer reviews for Canon PowerShot PICK
Average review:1.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon PowerShot PICK
Features & specs
|LCD Screen Size||N|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||19-57mm|
|Sensor Size||1/2.3" CMOS|
|Highest Resolution||4000 x 3000|
|Video Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||5.85|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Canon PowerShot PICK Active Tracking PTZ Camera (4828C013) is a compact camera that automatically detects, tracks, and takes photos and videos of people. The camera's built-in facial recognition and smart technology automatically captures moments and memories while they happen. Just place PICK on a flat, stable surface and its Pan, Tilt, Zoom (PTZ) and turn it on. In addition to the Auto Mode, you can record using voice commands or remotely through the dedicated app. The PowerShot PICK is bundled with a USB-C interface cable, a SanDisk 16 GB microSD card, and an Anker USB power adapter.
Image Sensor: The camera is equipped with a 1/2.3" CMOS image sensor with 12.8-million total pixels, and 11.7-million effective pixels.
Optics: The PowerShot PICK has a 3x optical zoom lens with a focal length of 3.4mm (W) - 10.2mm (T), and a 35mm equivalent of 19-57mm. The maximum aperture is f/2.8 (W) - f/5.0 (T). The lens has a shooting distance of 7.874" at wide angle and 11.811" at telephoto. The angle of view is as follows:
- Horizontal: 84.7° (W) - 33.8° (T)
- Vertical: 68.7° (W) - 25.7° (T)
- Diagonal: 97.5° (W) - 41.6° (T)
Pan Tilt Zoom: The camera searches for faces and smiles, and adjusts the frame composition with its Pan, Tilt, and Zoom mechanism. The top of the camera rotates on its base, panning from -170° (left) to +170° (right) for a total of approximately 340°. The lens can tilt up and down from -20° (up) to +90° (down), or a total of 110°. In addition to the 3x optical zoom, the camera features a 4x digital zoom for still images and movies.
Facial Recognition: The camera uses facial recognition to search for subjects to shoot. You can register up to 12 faces using the dedicated app. When you turn on the camea, it will look for people's faces, prioritizing those that are registered. When the camera detects a person's face, it will begin tracking that person, keeping him/her in the frame.
Recording Media: The camera records still images or moving images with stereo audio on microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC memory cards, including UHS-I cards. Still images are recorded in JPEG format, and the movies are recorded in MP4 format. You should consider using a high-capacity microSD card when shooting automatically. When set to Active, the camera may capture up to 8 GB of images. The camera has no built-in memory, and a 16 GB memory card is bundled with the camera.
Still Images: The PowerShot PICK can record 12MP still images in 4:3 aspect ratio with a resolution of 4000 x 3000 pixels, or 9 MP images in 16:9 at 4000 x 2248.
Movies: Movies are recorded in Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 59.94, 29.97, and 23.98 fps. Maximum recording time per movie is 29 min 59 sec. Stereo audio is recorded via the two built-in digital microphones. There is no connection for an external microphone.
Saving Images: Recorded images stored on the memory card can be saved to your smartphone, tablet, or computer. In the Playback menu, you can select single or multiple images for saving to your smart device, mark as Favorites, or delete. To save you images/movies to your computer, you can select and download them using the USB interface cable. The images can also be transferred to your computer using a card reader.
Shutter Speed: The camera has an electronic shutter using the image sensor for still photo and movie recording. The shutter speed is set automatically, and varies from 1/16000 to 1/8 seconds for still images, and 1/16000 to 1/30 seconds for movies.
ISO Speed: The camera automatically sets the ISO speed during shooting. For still images, the ISO speed varies from 100 to 6400. During movie recording, the ISO speed is set between 100 and 3200. Settings for auto shooting and remote shooting are the same.
Voice Commands: You can control the camera by using voice commands. After speaking the wakeup phrase, you can take a photo or start a movie by using your voice. Movies initiated by voice command will stop automatically in two minutes. In the Settings menu, you can choose from several different languages of voice commands.
Wireless Communication: The Canon PowerShot PICK communicates with your smartphone or tablet via Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n; 2.4 GHz) or Bluetooth (Ver. 4.1). To pair the camera to your wireless LAN, you can press the Wireless Communication button on the side panel.
Note: When not connected to a wireless LAN, you can use the Wireless Communication button as a shutter button.
App Control: The PowerShot PICK is controlled via the Canon Connect App for Mini PTZ Cam (iOS 14.0 or later, Android 8.0 and up). Other than the power button, there are no controls on the camera. When connected to the camera via Wi-Fi, the app provides the following features:
- Set up Automatic Shooting, including shooting frequency and person search
- Remote Shooting with a live view on a smartphone/tablet, and control of pan, tilt, and zoom actions
- View still photos and movies and save them to the smartphone/tablet
- Notifications from camera (guidance and error information)
- Create highlight movies
- Firmware updates of the camera
- Set up webcam function
App Screens: The dedicated app features several main screens:
- Home: The Home screen shows images of the registered faces, as well as thumbnails of recorded images. From the Home screen, you can directly select the other screens, view messages from the camera, and turn the Auto shooting mode on or off. You can also view the battery status of the camera from the Home screen.
- Playback: From the Playback screen, you can view thumbnails of images stored on the camera's inserted memory card. The images are separated into several categories. You can also see the list of registered faces.
- Shooting: The Shooting screen provides controls for recording still images or movies. Below the large live view image are controls for panning, tilting, and zoom (PTZ). You can turn tracking on or off. The top of the Shooting screen indicates the number of remaining images on the memory card, and the battery status.
- Highlights (iOS only): The Highlights screen, only available on iPhone or iPad, lets you choose on a calendar the dates for selecting images for a highlights reel.
- Settings: The Settings screen allows you to set up the camera to shoot the images you want:
- Auto Shooting: choose the frequency for automatically shooting still images and/or movies
- Geotagging: when enabled, you can add GPS information (latitude, longitude, elevation) from a smartphone to your images
- Aspect Ratio: You can set the aspect ratio of still images to 4:3 (4000 x 3000) or 16:9 (4000 x 2248).
- Video Recording Quality: Movies can be shot in 60 fps, 30 fps, or 24 fps.
Webcam: The Canon PowerShot PICK can be used as a webcam by connecting the camera to a computer via a wireless LAN access point. You'll need to install the Wireless Webcam Utility for Mini PTZ Cam software on your computer. The camera can then be used as a video source for many video conferencing and streaming applications.
Battery: The PowerShot PICK is equipped with a built-in Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (not user replaceable). The battery charges via the camera's USB-C port using the included USB cable. The minimum charging requirement is a USB PD (Power Delivery) compliant power source providing a minimum of 5V, 1.5A. A 20-watt PD-compliant USB power adapter is bundled with the camera. The estimated battery life depends upon the set shooting frequency:
|Shooting Mode||Shooting Frequency Setting||Estimated Battery Life|
|Automatic Shooting||Low|| |
5 hours 00 min
|Medium||3 hours 30 min|
|High||2 hours 00 min|
Tripod Socket: In addition to placing the camera on a flat surface, you can mount it to a tripod. A standard 1/4"-20 tripod socket is provided on the bottom panel.