About the Canon EOS R10 Content Creator Kit
All you need to get creative and produce polished content
All you need to get creative and produce polished content
This kit can help you create polished, professional-looking content, whether you're producing short clips or a deep-dive vlog. It features the compact, lightweight EOS R10 mirrorless camera, plus a versatile zoom lens, a stereo microphone, and a tripod/grip with a handy removable remote.
Versatile, compact, and lightweight mirrorless camera
The EOS R10 is a fantastic tool for content creators who want to take their creativity to the next level. It's got a sleek, lightweight design and an impressive feature set that includes a 15-frame-per-second mechanical shutter, 24.2-megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, and lightning fast autofocus. It's also the most affordable camera in Canon's R-Series mirrorless lineup.
A standard zoom to complement the R10
The included RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM lens gives you flexible shooting options to capture crisp, clear images of whatever comes your way. It's super-compact, retractable, and light, weighing in at a scant 4.6 ounces. This Canon lens is a perfect choice to mount on the R10 when you're not sure what's next — a bustling street scene, a selfie with your best friends, or a candid group shot.
With its low-noise, stepping motor (STM) autofocus system, this lens also excels at smooth autofocus and near-silent operation — especially helpful if you're shooting video with sound. Built-in image stabilization can help you take sharper photos, even in low light. Of course, the superb optical performance you've come to expect from Canon is still here in spades. Aspherical glass lens elements and special coatings make your images as sharp and artifact-free as they can be.
Handy grip with removeable remote
Canon knows how important ease of use and steady framing is for vloggers, photographers, and other content creators. That's why they designed the HG-100TBR to serve as both a camera grip and a mini tripod — perfect for the savvy videographer on the go.
Mount your R10 in horizontal or vertical orientation for a steadier grip. You can also extend the legs to create a small tripod to place on your table (or even on the ground for those cool low-angle B-roll shots).
The included Canon BR-E1 Bluetooth remote makes controlling your camera from a distance simple.
Upgrade your soundtrack audio quality
Want to hear a big improvement in your video's soundtrack quality compared with your camera's built-in microphone? The super-portable, lightweight Canon DM-E100 stereo mic included in this this kit will capture crisp, clear audio. It mounts to your EOS-R10's hot shoe and includes a furry windscreen to temper any wind noise if you happen to be shooting outdoors while it's blowing.
- Featured in our article: Best mirrorless cameras for 2023
- kit includes EOS R10 camera body, RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM lens, Canon HG-100TBR grip, and DM-E100 stereo microphone
- RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM lens:
- ideal for portrait, street-shooting, and everyday photography
- built-in image stabilization for sharp images at slow shutter speeds
- stepping motor (STM) provides smooth and quiet continuous autofocus for video recording and shooting photos
- 24.2-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- DIGIC X image processor for speedy operation and reduced noise at high ISO settings
- compatible with Canon RF lenses
- optional EOS mount adapters allow you to use Canon EF and EF-S lenses
- not compatible with Canon EF-M lenses
- built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allows easy file sharing and remote control from smart devices
- 3" 1.04-million-dot rotating LCD touchscreen with anti-smudge coating and brightness control
- 2.36-million-dot OLED electronic viewfinder
- provides 100% frame coverage
- self-cleaning sensor with dust deletion feature
- rechargeable LP-E17 lithium ion battery, charger, and neck strap included
- 4K at up to 30 frames per second
- HDMI micro (Type D) output lets you record cinema-quality video to an external monitor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II autofocus system for fast, accurate focusing
- 527 automatic AF zones
- subject tracking handed down from the R3 with people, animal, and vehicle detection
- included DM-E100 stereo microphone:
- stereo condenser microphone with unidirectional 120° pickup pattern for polished soundtrack audio
- compact and lightweight
- comes with windscreen
Exposure modes and controls:
- up to 15 frames per second in high-speed continuous shooting mode with the mechanical shutter
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, manual, and fully automatic exposure modes
- flexible-priority Fv mode lets you make changes to aperture, shutter speed, or ISO without having to change modes
- shutter speed range: 1/4,000-30 seconds
- ISO range: 100-32,000 (expandable to ISO 51,200)
- built-in flash
- also works with Canon Speedlite external flashes
- included HG-100TBR grip:
- compact grip and mini tripod for select Canon cameras
- ideal for vloggers, photographers, and other content creators
- includes detachable Canon BR-E1 Bluetooth remote for easy control
File formats and storage:
- records in RAW, JPEG, HEIF, and RAW+JPEG formats
- uses SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards
Connections and dimensions:
- USB (Type C) interface for fast data transfer and charging (cable not included)
- HDMI micro (Type D) output (cable not included)
- multifunction hot shoe for accessories with a digital connection
- 3.5mm stereo headphone jack
- 4-7/8"W x 3-1/2"H x 3-5/16"D (camera only)
- weight (with battery and memory card): 15.14 oz.
- microphone: 1-1/2"W x 3-7/16"H x 3-3/8"D
- microphone weight: 4.9 oz. (with windscreen)
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # 5331C079
What's in the box:
- The Canon EOS R10 Content Creator Kit consists of the following separately-packaged items:
- The EOS R10 Camera with RF-S 18-45mm lens box includes:
- Digital camera body
- R-F-5 Camera body cap (installed)
- LP-E17 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery with plastic terminal cover installed (7.2V 1040mAh 7.5Wh)
- LC-E17 Battery charger (8.4V / 0.7A)
- Accessory shoe cap
- RF-S 18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM zoom lens
- E-49 Lens cap (installed)
- Dust Cap RF (installed)
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty Card
- Registration sheet
- image.canon promo card
- The DM-E1D Stereo Microphone box includes:
- Stereo microphone for camera/camcorder
- Mounting foot cover (installed)
- Wind screen
- The Tripod Grip HG-100TBR box includes:
- Tripod Grip body
- BR-E1 wireless remote control
- CR2032 Lithium battery (installed)
- Wrist strap
- Long microphone bracket
- Short microphone bracket
Customer reviews for Canon EOS R10 Content Creator Kit
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EOS R10 Content Creator Kit
Features & specs
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||29-72mm|
|Live Stream Capable||No|
|SD Cards||SD, SDHC, SDXC|
|Image Stabilization||With IS lens|
|Highest Resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Video Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||15.14|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Package Overview: Canon's EOS R10 Content Creator Kit includes the EOS R10 digital camera with the RF-S 18-45 f/4.5-6.3 IS STM zoom lens, the DM-E1D Stereo Microphone, and the Tripod Grip HG-100TBR. The EOS R10 has a 24.2 Megapixel APS-C CMOS image sensor. It features the 54mm wide RF-mount, which is much larger than the EF-mount found on Canon DSLRs. The camera is compatible with RF-mount lenses, and with the EF-EOS R Mount Adapter (sold separately), you can use all of your EF and EF-S lenses.
24.2 Megapixel CMOS Sensor: The EOS R10's 24.2 MP CMOS sensor (22.3mm x 14.9mm -- APS-C) delivers images of up to 6000 x 4000 pixels. The DIGIC X Image Processor enhances still image processing and 4K and Full HD video capability to make your photos and movies sharp and clear.
3.0" LCD Touch Screen Monitor: The EOS R10 features a 3.0" color LCD monitor with approximately 1.04-million dots which allows you to view and shoot real-time images. The fully-articulating rear touchscreen flips out and rotates for framing shots from multiple angles. The LCD monitor offers 100% horizontal and vertical coverage and 7 manual brightness levels to choose from. In Live View, grid lines can be displayed in 9 sections (3x3), 24 sections (6x4), or 9 sections (3x3) with diagonals.
OLED Electronic Viewfinder (EVF): The Canon EOS R10 uses an eye-level viewfinder with 0.95x magnification (0.59x equivalent) for approximately 100% vertical and horizontal coverage. The OLED EVF has approximately 2.36-million dots. A -3.0 to +1.0m-1 diopter lets you adjust the viewfinder's image to your eyesight.
Self-Cleaning Sensor: Canon's Self-Cleaning Sensor Unit will automatically or manually remove dust that adheres to the low-pass filter. You can set it to perform automatically at power off, or you can manually activate the cleaning. The Dust Deletion feature obtains the coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter by a test shot, and any dust spots are erased on subsequent images.
Recording Media: The EOS R10 is equipped with a single memory card slot, designed for SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards. The SD card slot supports both UHS-I and UHS-II cards.
Still Image Recording Formats: The camera records still images in JPEG, HEIF, RAW and C-RAW. JPEG and HEIF images can be set to Fine or Normal compression (Image Quality). Simultaneous RAW + JPEG and RAW + HEIF recording are also possible. The image's aspect ratio can be set to 3:2, 4:3, 16:9, or 1:1. JPEG images will be saved with the set aspect ratio, while RAW and HEIF images will always be saved in 3:2 , Available image sizes include:
|Image Quality||Aspect Ratio|
|RAW/C-RAW/HEIF||6000 x 4000||6000 x 4000||6000 x 4000||6000 x 4000|
|Large ||6000 x 4000||5328 x 4000||6000 x 3368||4000 x 4000|
|Medium||3984 x 2656||3552 x 2664||3984 x 2240||2656 x 2656|
|Small 1||2976 x 1984||2656 x 1992||2976 x 1680||1984 x 1984|
|Small 2||2400 x 1600||2112 x 1600||2400 x 1344||1600 x 1600|
Movies: The EOS R10 can shoot UHD 4K footage at up to 30p, including oversampled 4K footage from 6K capture. There is also a 4K Crop Mode that lets you shoot at 60p. The videos can be shot at H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (8-bit) with 4:2:0 color sampling or H.265/HEVC (10-bit) with 4:2:2 color sampling. Audio is recorded with AAC compression. Resolution and frame rates are as follows:
|Movie Recording Mode||Resolution |
|Frame Rate (fps)||Video Compression|
|4K UHD||3840 x 2160||29.97, 23.98||IPB (Standard) |
|50.00, 25.00 (PAL)|
|4K UHD Crop||3840 x 2160||59.94||IPB (Standard) |
|4K UHD |
|3840 x 2160||29.97||ALL-I|
|Full HD |
High Frame Rate
|1920 x 1080||119.88||IPB (Standard) |
|Full HD||1920 x 1080||59.94, 29.97, 23.98||IPB (Standard) |
|50.00, 25.00 (PAL)|
|Full HD |
|1920 x 1080|| |
|Full HD |
|1920 x 1080|| |
|Creative Filters||1920 x 1080||29.97, 23.98||IPB (Standard) |
Image Stabilization: The EOS R10 does not have in-body image stabilization, however, attaching an RF lens with Optical Image Stabilization provides compensation for camera shake when shooting still images and movies. In addition, the camera has a setting for Movie Digital IS, which enables steadier images when shooting movies.
Drive Modes: The Canon EOS R10 offers the following Drive modes:
|Drive Modes||AF Operation||Mechanical Shutter||Electronic 1st Curtain||Electronic Shutter|
|High-speed Continuous Shooting +||One-Shot AF||Max. approx. 15 shots/sec||Max. approx. 15 shots/sec||Max. approx. 23 shots/sec|
|High-speed Continuous Shooting||One-Shot AF||Max. approx. 6.3 shots/sec||Max. approx. 7.7 shots/sec||Max. approx. 15 shots/sec|
|Low-speed Continuous Shooting||One-Shot AF||Max. approx 3.0 shots/sec||Max approx. 3.0 shots/sec||Max. approx. 3.0. shots/sec|
|10 sec. Self-timer/ |
|2 sec. Self-timer/ |
|Continuous Self-timer |
* The BR-E1 Wireless Remote Control (included with the tripod mount) lets you operate the camera from up to 16.4 feet.
651-Zone Autofocus System: The EOS R10 features a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system with a maximum of 651 zones (31 x 21) for shooting still images and 527 zones (31 x 17) for movies. The autofocusing area coverage is approximately 100% horizontal and approximately 100% vertical.
Focusing Modes: The camera lets you choose one of the methods for focusing:
- One-Shot AF: suited for still subjects, the camera focuses only once.
- Servo AF: for moving subjects when the focusing distance keeps changing. The subject will be focused continuously while the shutter button is pressed halfway.
- Manual Focusing: focusing manually using the focus ring on the attached lens
Subject to Detect: In the Autofocus menu, you can choose the type of subject you want the camera to detect. If you choose "People," the camera prioritizes faces or heads of people as the main subjects to track. If "Animals" is chosen, the camera detects dogs, cats, birds, and other animals, as well as humans to track. The menu lets you enable Eye Detection for people or animals to help focus on the subject. Otherwise, the camera determines the main subject automatically from the subject information detected. "Vehicle" subject detection can be used for detecting and focusing on vehicles, keeping your subject in clear focus for shooting motorsports.
Shooting Modes: The EOS R10's top-mounted Mode Dial lets you choose the shooting mode that's best for the subject and shooting conditions. There are two main zones, plus Custom Shooting and Movies:
- Basic Zone:
- Fully Automatic (Scene Intelligent Auto): The camera analyses the scene and sets the optimum settings automatically.
- Special Scene (SCN): Options are provided for specific types of scenes, such as Self Portrait, Portrait, Smooth Skin, Group Photo, Landscape, Panoramic Shot, Sports, Kids, Panning, Closeup, Food, Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control, and Silent Shutter.
- Creative Filters: Special effects can be added to your image using these Creative Filters: Grainy B/W, Soft Focus, Fish-eye Effect, Water Painting Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, HDR Art Standard, HDR Art Vivid, HDR Art Bold, and HDR Art Embossed.
- Creative Zone:
- Program AE (P): The camera automatically sets the shutter speed and aperture value to suit the scene's brightness.
- Shutter-Priority AE (Tv): In this mode, you set the shutter speed and the camera automatically sets the aperture value to suit the brightness of the subject. A slow shutter speed can create a blurred effect, while a fast shutter speed can freeze action.
- Aperture-priority AE (Av): In this mode, you set the desired aperture value and the camera sets the shutter speed automatically to suit the subject brightness. A low aperture number can create a blurred background (narrow depth of field), while a high aperture number can create a sharp foreground and background (wide depth of field).
- Flexible-Priority AE (Fv): This mode lets you set the shutter speed, aperture, and ISO speed manually or automatically, and combine these settings with your choice of exposure compensation.
- Manual Exposure (M): In this mode, you set both the shutter speed and aperture value as desired.
- Bulb (B): When Bulb is set, the shutter stays open as long as you hold down the shutter button completely, and closes when you let go of the shutter button. The Bulb Timer function lets you preset the bulb exposure's exposure time. Bulb exposures are for night scenes, fireworks, the night sky, and other subjects requiring long exposures.
- Custom Shooting Modes: Two options for setting and storing your custom shooting settings (C1 and C2)
- Movie Recording: The Movie Recording mode lets you shoot movies using auto exposure, manual exposure, and HDR (High Dynamic Range).
Metering Modes: The Canon EOS R10 offers real-time metering using the image sensor in 384 zones (24 x 16). You can select from the following metering modes:
- Evaluative Metering: The camera's standard metering mode suited for most subjects even under backlit conditions, after detecting the main subject's position, brightness, background, front and back lighting conditions, etc, the camera sets the proper exposure.
- Partial Metering: Effective when the background is much brighter than the subject due to backlighting, etc, uses approximately 5.8% of the frame at the center.
- Spot Metering: For metering a specific part of the subject, uses approximately 2.9% of the frame at the center.
- Center-weighted Average Metering: Metering is weighted at the center and then averaged for the entire scene.
ISO Speed: The camera's ISO speed can be is set automatically, or manually at the following settings: For still photo shooting, the normal ISO speed range is ISO 100-32000 in 1/3-stop or 1-stop increments. You can also select an Expanded ISO speed equivalent of ISO 51200 (H).
Picture Style: By selecting a Picture Style, you can achieve various effects matching your photographic expression or the subject. You can also adjust the Sharpness (with separate strength, fineness, and threshold parameters), Contrast, Saturation, Color tone, Filtering Effect (monochrome), or Toning Effect (monochrome) of each Picture Style. Picture Style selections include:
- Auto: Color tone is adjusted automatically to suit the scene. The image will look vivid, especially for blue skies, greenery, and sunsets in nature, outdoor, and sunset scenes.
- Standard: A general-purpose Picture Style to suit most scenes. The image looks vivid, sharp, and crisp.
- Portrait: Suited for close-up portraits, this Picture Style is for nice skin tones, making the image look softer. You can change the color tone to adjust the skin tone.
- Landscape: For vivid blues and greens, very sharp and crisp images.
- Fine Detail: Suited for detailed outline and fine texture description of the subject, and slightly vivid colors.
- Neutral: For natural colors and subdued images, no sharpness applied.
- Faithful: When the subject is photographed under a color temperature of 5200 K, the color is adjusted to match the subject's colorimetrical color, no sharpness applied. (recommended for users who prefer to process images on their PC)
- Monochrome: Creates black and white images
- User Defined 1-3: You can register your own Picture Style settings for Portrait and Landscape modes.
High Dynamic Range (HDR): You can take artistic photos having a high dynamic range and preserving detail in highlight and shadow areas. HDR shooting is effective for landscape and still-life photos. With HDR shooting, three images of different exposures are captured for each shot, then merged together automatically. The HDR image is saved as a single JPEG image. You can choose from several options: Natural, Art Standard, Art Vivid, Art Bold, and Art Embossed.
Multiple Exposures: You can shoot two to nine exposures to be merged into one image. If you shoot multiple-exposure images with Live View shooting, you can see how the single exposures merge while shooting.
White Balance: White Balance is for making the white areas look white. You can choose from the following white balance settings: Auto (Ambience priority), Auto (White priority), Daylight, Shade, Cloudy/Twilight/Sunset, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash Use, Custom, and Color Temperature.
EL/EX Speedlite Compatible: The EOS R10 has a built-in pop-up flash, and a multi-function shoe for attaching optional flash units. The camera features the acclaimed E-TTL II flash metering system. With any of the flashes in the EL/EX-series Speedlite line, E-TTL II provides reliable flash output whether shooting fill-in flash pictures in sunlight, or using flash in total darkness.
Wireless Functions: The camera features built-in Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n -- 2.4 GHz) and Bluetooth (ver. 4.2), which allow you connect wirelessly to a compatible smartphone, tablet, or computer. You can also wirelessly print images via Wi-Fi using a Pictbridge-compatible printer. Using the free Canon Camera Connect app on a compatible iOS or Android device, you can shoot remotely from a distance, with complete control of settings such as aperture, shutter speed, ISO, focus, and shutter release.
Note: The Canon Camera Connect app is compatible with iOS devices running iOS 15.0 or later, and with Android phones and tablets (version varies with device).
Single Image Playback: When playing back a single image, you can choose from these display options: No Information, Basic Information Display, or Shooting Information display.
Image Magnification: When viewing a still picture in single image playback mode, you can magnify the image to 2x, 4x, 8x, or 10x. While the image is magnified, you can scroll anywhere around the image.
Index Display: You can search for images quickly with the index display, showing 4 (2x2), 9 (3x3), 36 (6x6), or 100 (10x10) images on one screen.
Auto Rotation: Vertical shots can be rotated automatically so that they are displayed upright during playback.
Image Review: The image can be displayed on the LCD monitor immediately after you shoot. The review time can be set to off (not displayed), 2 seconds, 4 seconds, 8 seconds, or Hold, which keeps the image displayed on the LCD monitor until the camera is focused again.
Slide Show: You can view all images on the memory card one after another with the Auto Playback function (slide show). You can choose which recorded images will be displayed in the slide show by selecting All images, Folder, Date, File Type (movie, still image) or Rating. The display time interval can be set to 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, or 20 seconds.
Rotating Images: You can rotate an image by 90° or 270° clockwise in the LCD monitor.
Protect Images: You can select specific images from being erased accidentally.
HDMI Output: A Type D Micro HDMI connection is provided for connecting the camera to an HDMI-equipped TV. The camera automatically switches the output resolution to the capability of the HDTV, or you can set it manually to 1080p. The HDMI connection is not CEC-compatible.
Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0): A Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0) equivalent USB-C port is provided for connecting the camera to your computer. It can also be used to charge the battery inside the camera, and to power the camera. No USB cable is included with the camera.
Resize: Images shot with the camera can be resized to make the pixel count lower, and saved as a new image. You can only resize JPEG or HEIF Large, Medium, and Small 1 sized images. JPEG/HEIF Small 2 and RAW images cannot be resized.
Lens Overview: This Canon EOS R10 camera kit includes the RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM, a standard zoom lens designed for everyday use. It fits R-series mirrorless cameras, and was designed for cameras with the smaller APS-C image sensors. The lens offers 100% x 100% Dual Pixel CMOS AF coverage for APS-C sensors, found on the Canon EOS R7 and R10 cameras. On cameras with Full Frame sensors, the lens provides 80% x 80% Dual Pixel CMOS AF coverage in 1.6x crop mode. Its unique lens retraction mechanism keeps the lens short, making it ideal to carry with you wherever you go. Its Optical Image Stabilization provides up to 4 stops of correction on most cameras, and up to 6 stops with EOS-R cameras with In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS), such as the EOS R5.
Lens Construction: The lens is constructed of 7 lens elements in 7 groups, including 2 aspherical lens elements for superb image clarity from the center to the edges of the frame, and 1 Ultra-low Dispersion (UD) lens elements to reduce aberrations and distortion. The lens has Canon's Super Spectra Coating (SSC) minimizes ghosting and flare, and ensures a consistent color balance across all lens elements.
12-pin Communication: The Canon RF-series lenses feature a 12-pin communication system between the camera and the lens (compared to 8 pins for the EF-series). This 12-pin system is the fastest available for a Canon lens and camera combination, and provides faster AF, Image Stabilization, Digital Lens Optimizer, and more. In addition, the EOS R camera can display lens information directly to the viewfinder, making it easy to confirm the lens' focal length without looking away from your subject.
Dual Function Manual Focus/Control Ring: The RF-S 18-45mm lens features a dual-function manual focus ring/control ring. The electronic ring can be used for full-time manual focus, and has no physical limit to its rotation. In the connected R-series camera, you can switch the function of the ring to serve as a Control Ring. The control ring function lets you make a variety of adjustments, such as aperture, shutter speed, ISO speed, or exposure compensation.
Stepping Motor: The lens is equipped with a Lead Screw-type STM (stepping motor) that provides smooth and quiet auto focusing. When you press the shutter button halfway, the stepping motor rotates the lead screw which moves the focus lens in and out. Because it operates in near silence, no focusing noise is picked up by the microphone when shooting video.
Image Stabilizer (IS): The RF-S 18-45mm lens features Optical Image Stabilization (IS) when mounted to a Canon EOS R series camera. The camera and the lens share data to dramatically reduce blur caused by camera shake while shooting still images and videos. Image Stabilization can be turned on or off with the switch on the lens barrel. When paired with the Canon R5 or R6 cameras, which have In-Body Image Stabilization, the effect of Coordinated IS is equivalent to 6 stops. On other EOS R and RP cameras, the optical image stabilization effect is equivalent to 4 stops.
Optional Lens Hood: The optional petal-shaped EW-53 bayonet-type lens hood (sold separately) cuts out unwanted light and protects the front of the lens from rain, snow, and dust. When attached to the lens, the hood adds approximately 1" to the overall length of the lens. When not in use, you can reverse-mount the lens hood for storage.
Optional Filters: The RF-S 18-45mm lens has a 49mm mounting thread on the front of the lens for attaching screw-on type filters.
- Focal Length: 18-45mm (with APS-C sensors); 29-72mm (35mm equivalent)
- Maximum Aperture: f/4.5 (at 18mm), f/6.3 (at 45mm)
- Minimum Aperture: f/32
- Maximum Magnification: 0.16x (at 45mm)
- Aperture Design: 7-blade circular
- Angle of View (Diagonal): 74° 20' to 33° 40'
- Lens Construction: 7 elements in 7 groups (2 Aspherical lens elements, 1 Ultra-low dispersion (UD) lens element)
- Filter Diameter: 49mm (screw-on type)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 7.87 inches (at 18mm)
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.7", Length 1.7" (2.336" with caps)
- Weight: 4.6 ounces
Power Options: The EOS R10 is powered by the supplied LP-E17 Lithium-Ion battery (7.2V, 1040 mAh, 7.5Wh). The battery can be charged in the LC-E17 battery charger (included) in approximately 2 hours. The supplied battery performance specs are as follows:
|Still Image Shooting||Battery Life|
|Power Saving||Smooth||AE Shooting|
|Viewfinder||260 shots||210 shots||290 shots|
|Monitor||430 shots||350 shots||450 shots|
|Movie Shooting||Temperature||Available Shooting Time|
|Bulb Exposure||73°F||2 hours 40 mins|
|Live View||73°F||2 hours 50 mins|
|Movie Recording (Full HD)||73°F |
|2 hours |
1 hour 50 mins
|Movie Playback (4K)||73°F||3 hours|
Optional AC Power: With the optional DR-E18 DC coupler and the AC-E6N, you can connect the camera to a household power outlet and not worry about the battery becoming exhausted.
Optional USB Power Adapter: The optional USB Power Adapter PD-E1 lets you charge the LP-E17 battery pack inside the camera. The PD-E1 can also power the camera when not charging the battery.
Microphone Overview: The included Canon DM-E1D Directional Stereo Microphone enables you to achieve high-quality audio when recording videos with your compatible Canon digital camera. The microphone includes a slip-on "furry" wind screen to reduce wind noise.
Compatibility: The DM-E1D is compatible with Canon EOS digital SLR cameras that have the Multi-Function Shoe. In addition to the R10, the mic is compatible with the EOS R3 and R7, as well as the XF605 Professional Camcorder.
Multi-Function Shoe: Canon's Multi-Function Shoe provides a simple solution for mounting and connecting the DM-E1D microphone. The mic has a mounting foot and a sliding lock for a secure mount on your camera. The Multi-Function Shoe also supplies a digital audio connection between the camera and microphone, as well as the power to the microphone. The lack of wires means the audio signal path is less susceptible to noise or interference.
Directivity: The microphone can operate in either mono or stereo. Adjusting the microphone settings requires pressing the Menu button on the back of the mic, and using the touchscreen LCD on the back of the EOS camera. There are three Directivity settings:
- Shotgun (Mono): The Shotgun (mono) setting is recommended for recording subjects directly in front of the camera, such as for interviews, single performers, or for relatively distant subjects including birdwatching.
- 90° (Stereo): The 90° Stereo setting is for everyday situations, and for small musical groups, or a single subject with some adjacent sound.
- 120° (Stereo): The 120° Stereo setting is ideal for recording large groups of singers, or an orchestra, where sound is coming from a wide area. It is also an ideal setting for picking up natural sounds of nature all around you.
Sound Recording Level: There are three Sound Recording Level settings in the camera's menu: Auto, Manual, and Disable. In Manual, you can adjust the sound recording level as needed, and view a level meter in the camera's LCD screen. When Disable is selected, the camera will not record sound through the microphone.
Other Settings: Once you are in your camera's Sound Recording menu, you can enable/disable the Wind Filter and the Attenuator. The Wind Filter reduces noise picked up in the microphone from wind hitting the microphone. Enabling the filter also reduces the bass response of the microphone. The Attenuator automatically suppresses distortion caused by sudden loud noises.
Wind Screen: The DM-E1D comes with a slip-on wind screen to help reduce the effect of wind noise in the microphone.
- Type: Back electret condenser stereo microphone
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz to 10,000 Hz
- Sharp Directivity: Shotgun (mono)
- Single Directivity: 90° (stereo), 120° (stereo)
- Shotgun (mono): -16 dBFS (94 dBSPL@1 kHz)
- 90° (Stereo): -18.7 dBFS (94 dBSPL@1 kHz)
- 120° (Stereo): -20 dBFS (94 dBSPL@1 kHz)
- Operating Temperature: 32°F - 104°F
- Operating Humidity: 85% or less
- Dimensions: Width 1.5", Height 3.424", Length 4.323"
- 4.9 ounces (with wind screen)
- 4.65 ounces (without wind screen)
Tripod Grip Overview: The Canon HG-100TBR Tripod Grip is compatible with select Canon EOS and PowerShot cameras, and is a handy accessory for capturing selfies, and high or low angled shots. You can pull out the fold-out legs to use the grip as a tripod. The head can tilt forward or backward, and lock into any of 10 positions. It can also rotate 360° and lock into place in 4 positions (0°, 90°, 180°, and 270°).
Bluetooth Remote: Included with the Tripod Grip is the BR-E1 Wireless Remote Control that lets you control the camera from a distance of up to 16 feet. The remote can be clipped into the main body of the Tripod Grip or removed and used as a handheld remote. The remote connects to the camera via Bluetooth (2.4 GHz). With the remote you can operate the camera's power zoom and AutoFocus feature, and switch between immediate release (still images), 2-second delay release, and movie shooting. Once you have set the shooting mode, pressing the large release button activates the shutter (or begins movie recording). During movie recording, pressing the release button will stop the recording. The BR-E1 is powered by a user-replaceable CR2032 Lithium battery.
Microphone Brackets: The Tripod Grip includes two microphone brackets, a long one and a short one. With the brackets, you can mount a shoe-mount type microphone to the tripod grip.
Dimensions: The HG-100TBR Tripod Grip has the following dimensions:
- As a grip:
- Handle Diameter: 1.473"
- Length: 7.289"
- Head: 1.261" x 1.971"
- As a tripod:
- Width: 6.5"
- Height: 5.75"
- Depth: 6.75"
- Weight (w/o remote): 5.8 ounces
- Weight (w/remote): 6.4 ounces
Canon EOS Software: The EOS R10 does not include any software in the box. The following software, available for Windows and Mac, can be used with the camera and is available for free download from the Canon website:
- Digital Photo Professional: Recommended for users who mainly shoot RAW images. You can view, edit, process, and print RAW images at high speed. You can also edit JPEG images while retaining the original images.
- EOS Utility: The EOS Utility is software for communication with your EOS R10 camera. You can download images to your computer from the camera's memory card, as well as set various camera settings. You can also shoot remotely from the software.
- Picture Style Editor: This software lets you edit Picture Styles and create and save original Picture Style files.