About the Simplified MFG RPS1
Seamless switching with lots of options
Seamless switching with lots of options
This problem-solving switcher lets you easily choose between connected HDMI sources. But unlike basic switchers, the Simplified MFG RPS1 offers resolution scaling and frame rate adjustment for increased display compatibility with your TV, monitor, or projector.
The RPS1 lets you feed up to four HDMI sources to your display via a single HDMI cable. The included component video-to-VGA adapter even lets you connect an analog video source to your system.
- A/V switcher with 4 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output
- included component video-to-VGA adapter lets you connect an analog video source to an all-digital display
- supports HDMI 2.0b and HDCP 2.2
- passes 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) content at up to 60 frames per second
- selectable output resolutions between 480i/p and 4K
- 3.5mm stereo mini analog output for sending signal to an optional sound system
Control and connections:
- front-panel input selector lets you manually switch between connected HDMI sources
- automatic source switching when signal from a connected HDMI source is detected
- selectable output resolution and frame rate for compatibility with a range of TVs, monitors, and projectors
- support for smart EDID ("HDMI handshake") management
- RS-232C and IR (infrared) remote connections for use with optional third-party controllers
- AC power adapter included
Warranty and dimensions:
- 11-3/8"W x 1-5/16"H x 4-3/8"D
- weight: 1.94 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # RPS1
What's in the box:
- 5x1 Presentation switch
- IR Remote control (installed CR2025 battery)
- AC Power supply w/attached 59" DC cord (12VDC/1A output)
- 3 Outlet adapters (N. American/EU/UK)
- One 3-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector
- One IR receiver w/attached 59" cable (terminated in a 3.5mm TRS plug)
- Adhesive pad for IR receiver
- 9" VGA adapter cable (male VGA connector on one end and RGB RCAs on the other end)
- 11" 3.5mm-to-RCA audio cable
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 4 Mounting screws
- Owner's manual
Customer reviews for Simplified MFG RPS1
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Simplified MFG RPS1
HDMI Scaler: The RPS1 by Simplified MFG is a multi-input switch & scaler with 4 HDMI and 1 VGA input, with a single HDMI output. Each input can be scaled to nearly any resolution up to 4K@60Hz. The RPS1 is perfect for installations where the display is of unknown make/capabilities and for use with projectors or displays that cannot display the original format of the content. Its also good for fixing scaling issues, frame rate issues and can be used to adjust brightness on displays.
Inputs & Output: The Simplified MFG RPS1 is outfitted with four HDMI 2.0/1.4b inputs, one VGA input (YPbPr, CVBS), and one HDMI output. A converter cable is included for the VGA input that features a male VGA connector on one end and RGB connectors on the other end. The RPS1 supports up to 18Gbps video bandwidth.
HDCP 2.2/1.4 Compliant: The Simplified MFG RPS1 is HDCP 2.2 compliant and is backward compatible with HDCP 1.4. HDCP is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
Video Up-Scale, Down-Scale, & Pass-Through: The Simplified MFG RPS1 accepts wide range of video resolutions from 480i up to 4K@60Hz (4:4:4) and up-scales to 4K@30/60Hz. It can also down-scale input signals to 720@50/60Hz , or pass-through the native resolution. It even offers frame rate conversion up to 4K@30Hz. The RPS1 will automatically scale any video input signal to match native resolution of the display or any connected HDMI device. Or, the output can be set to specific resolution (480i to 4K).
Picture Adjustments: An on-screen menu lets you adjust the picture Contrast, Brightness, Color, Sharpness, and Tint. It also lets you change the Aspect Ratio to 4:3 or 16:9. When using the VGA input, additional adjustments include Horizontal & Vertical Position, Size, and Phase.
Audio Outputs: The RPS1 by Simplified MFG offers HDMI audio pass-through, as well as an analog audio breakout.
- HDMI Audio Pass-Through: The Simplified MFG RPS1 will pass-through an LPCM 2.0CH HDMI audio signal.
- Analog Audio Breakout: In addition to HDMI audio pass-through, the RPS1 has a 3.5mm analog minijack port for a 2ch stereo audio breakout.
On-Screen Menu & RS232 Control: The RPS1 can be configured via the on-screen menu using the included hand-held IR remote control, or using RS232 commands via the 3-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) input. Control functions include manual set up of EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) and video output resolution, as well as picture settings.
IR Input: A 3.5mm IR input is provided for controlling the RPS1 via a third-party control system.
USB: A rear-panel USB-A port can be used for system firmware updates.
AC Power Adapter: The included AC power adapter (12VDC/1A output) plugs into the RPS1 HDMI scaler/switch and into an AC wall outlet or surge protector.
Mounting: Two mounting brackets are provided for mounting the RPS1 to a flat surface, either vertically or horizontally.