About the Samsung LN32C530
The Samsung LN32C530 is a dependable, no-frills HDTV with a bright, vivid picture sized for a bedroom, office or den. Full 1080p screen resolution ensures that you'll see every detail in every high-definition show you watch. The built-in tuner receives free over-the-air broadcasts, including those in HD (antenna required). And if you're a cable TV subscriber, you can take advantage of the built-in digital cable tuner to view unscrambled channels without the need for a separate set-top box.
Plug in to all your video sources, from Blu-ray to a thumb drive
This set has three HDMI inputs for connecting the latest Blu-ray players, satellite or cable boxes, and video game consoles. A USB port offers a quick and convenient way to share photos and video clips. And there's also a PC input so you can put this versatile TV to work as a computer monitor.
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.
- 31.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- high-gloss black finish
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- 70,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- remote control
- Anynet+ simplifies control of compatible Samsung components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- meets ENERGY STAR® 4.0 requirements
- picture settings memory for each video input
Connections and Dimensions:
- 6 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 composite video
- 2 component video (one is selectable component/composite)
- 3 HDMI v1.3 accepts signals up to 1080p (60Hz, 24Hz)
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- USB port for photo/video/music playback
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 17-3/4"W x 8-3/4"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 30-7/8"W x 19-5/8"H x 3-5/8"D (21-1/2"H x 8-3/4"D on stand)
- weight: 24.3 lbs. with stand; 19.8 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- MFR # LN32C530
What's in the box:
- 32" LCD TV
- Pedestal base
- Pedestal shaft
- Pedestal neck
- Wireless remote control (BN59-00996A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 5' AC power cord
- Four M4 x 16mm screws
- Three M4 x 12mm screws
- M6 x 16mm screw (with attached lock-washer and flat-washer)
- Screen cleaning cloth
- User Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
- Stand Assembly instructions
- "Secure the TV to the Wall" instructions
- Warranty Sheet
- Important Safety Instructions
Customer reviews for Samsung LN32C530
Average review:3.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung LN32C530
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
Native Resolution: The LCD television displays all inputs (Antenna, Composite, Component, HDMI) at a resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080).
Video Inputs: The Samsung LCD TV features HDMI, Component, and Composite video inputs.
- HDMI: The three HDMI inputs(2 rear/1 side) can be used to connect a DVD player, Game console, HDTV or Satellite Set-top box with an HDMI output. The HDMI 1 input can also be used to connect a device with a DVI output (a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable is necessary). If a DVI-equipped device is used, a separate audio cable will also be needed from the device to the "PC/DVI Audio In" 3.5mm stereo audio jack. No audio cables are needed for an HDMI-equipped device. The HDMI input can also be used to connect a PC to this TV. The HDMI jack will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i signals.
- Component Video: The two Component Video inputs will accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. The Component Video 1 input can also be used as a composite video input (480i only).
- Side-Panel AV Input: The side-panel AV input consists of a composite video (480i) and stereo RCA audio inputs.
Wide Color Enhancer: The Samsung LCD television features a Wide Color Enhancer to provide natural, realistic colors.
Screen Sizes: You can choose one of the following picture sizes:
- 16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode.
- Zoom 1: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Zoom 2: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Wide Fit: Proportionally enlarges the picture to fit the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio.
- 4:3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with pillars on the left and right of the screen.
- Screen Fit: See the full image with no resizing when HDMI (720p/1080i/180p) or Component (1080i/1080p) signals are inputted
Note: Screen Size settings can be stored for each external device you have connected to an input of the TV.
Picture Control: You can make the following adjustment for an optimum picture:
- Automatic Picture Settings:
- Standard: suitable for a normal room
- Natural: suitable for an eye comfortable display
- Dynamic: suitable for a bright room
- Movie: suitable for watching movies in a dark room
- Manual Picture Settings:
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the LCD backlight
- Contrast: adjusts the contrast level of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the picture
- Sharpness: adjusts the edge definition of the picture
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint (G/R): adjusts the color tint of the picture
- Advanced Picture Settings:
- Black Tone: adjusts the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the screen contrast so that the optimal contrast is provided
- Shadow Detail: increase the brightness of dark images
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red, green, blue) intensity from -3 to +3
- RGB Only Mode: displays the Red, Green, and Blue color for making find adjustments to the hue and saturation
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available to create the image (Auto/Native)
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using one of four presets: Cool, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Flesh Tone: emphasize the pink flesh tone in a picture
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors
- Edge Enhancement: emphasize object boundaries in the picture
HDMI Black Level: You can select the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth when you have a component connected via HDMI to the television. You can select either Normal or Low.
Digital Noise Filter: If the broadcast signal received by your TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Noise Reduction feature to help reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen. You can select Low, Medium, High, Auto, or Off.
MPEG Noise Filter: This filter reduces MPEG noise of the picture. You can set the MPEG Noise Filter to Low, Medium, High, Auto, or Off.
Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture from optimum quality. Film mode is supported in TV, AV, Component (480i/1080i), and HDMI (480i/1080i).
Game Mode: When connecting the television to a game console, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience when selecting Game Mode.
PIP (Picture-in-Picture): You can watch the TV's tuner and one external video source simultaneously. The TV channel will be displayed in a sub-screen which can be moved to each corner of the television's screen.
|Main Picture||Sub Picture|
|External Input: Component (1/2), HDMI (1/2/3), PC||TV: Antenna input|
Note: PIP does not function in the same mode.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels. The Auto Volume feature can be set to Normal, Night or Off.
Sound Modes: You can choose from the following sound settings:
- Standard: Select the normal sound mode.
- Music: Emphasizes music over voices.
- Movie: Provides the best sound for movies.
- Clear Voice: Emphasizes voices over other sounds.
- Amplify: Amplify mode is for people who have difficulty hearing.
- Custom: Adjusts the 5-band EQ; 100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz.
Virtual Surround: This function provides a virtual 5.1-channel surround sound experience through the television's speakers (can be use in Standard sound mode only).
Dialog Clarity: Dialog Clarity emphasize voice while maintaining the background sound level (can be use in Standard sound mode only).
Audio Delay: The Audio Delay function corrects audio/video mismatch, when watching TV or video, and listening to a digital audio output using an external device such as an AV receiver. You can adjust the audio delay from 0ms to 250 ms.
Audio Outputs: The Samsung LCD television provides an analog and digital audio output.
- Digital Audio: The optical digital output on the rear panel will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM.
- Analog Audio: The 3.5mm stereo audio output allows you connect the TV to your home stereo.
PC-Capable: This unit has a 15-pin D-Sub (RGB) input that allows you to use it as a high-resolution computer monitor. Any HDMI input can also be used with a computer. The TV can be set to automatically adjust to the video signals received, or you can use the setup menu to adjust the screen quality and position.
Note: The Samsung LCD TV provides an optimal PC resolution of 1920 x 1080p (60Hz).
PC Input: This input consists of a stereo mini-jack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack. This jack allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection.
USB Port: The Samsung LCD television features a side-panel USB type-A port for playback of still images, video, and audio files stored on a USB Mass Storage Device (MTP not supported). Files must be formatted in FAT16/32. The TV can recognize up to 1,000 files in each folder.
- Video (MPEG-4) Playback: The TV supports the following Video formats (MPEG 1/2/4, DivX 3.11/4.x/5.1/6.0, XviD, H.264 BP/MP/HP, and WMV-9) up to a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080. Movie files are displayed in a folder and title list in either date or alphabetical order. The TV offers Play, Pause, Search, and Resume playback functions for compatible video files stored on a USB mass storage device.
- Still Image (JPEG) Playback: The TV supports JPEG still image files with a maximum resolution up to 15360 x 8640. JPEG still image files can be viewed as a slide show with background music or as a thumbnail view (up to 15 images). Still images can also viewed full-screen and zoomed or rotated.
- Audio (MP3) Playback: The TV supports MP3 audio files with a frequency rate of 32, 44.1, or 48 kHz. MP3 music files are displayed in a folder and track list, and can be sorted by Artist, Album Genre, or Mood. Music files can be repeated in a selected folder.
Note: The USB port can also be used to install future Samsung firmware upgrades that have been downloaded from Samsung's website to a USB thumbdrive.
Input Source Names: You can assign a pre-programmed name to each of the inputs. When input naming is completed, you will no longer have to remember which component is connected to each input when selecting a source to watch. Source names include VCR, DVD, Cable STB, Satellite STB, PVR STB, AV Receiver, Game, Camcorder, PC, TV, DVI PC, DVI, IPTV, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, and DMA.
Channel Labels: Each analog channel programmed into memory can be labeled with a name. Digital channels names are already assigned and cannot be edited.
Favorite Channel: You can create a list of your favorite channels and recall the list using the FAV.CH button on the remote.
Analog Channel Fine Tuning: The fine tuning feature allows you to manually adjust analog channels for optimal reception. A separate fine tuning setting may be put into the TV's memory for each analog channel.
V-Chip: The V-Chip automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can set up the parameters for the V-Chip using the TV Parental Guidelines, MPAA (movie) ratings, Canadian French, or Canadian English ratings systems. The V-Chip function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
On/Off Timer: The three On/Off timers allow you to program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a specific off time. An On/off timer can be set to repeat only once, everyday, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun. You can also choose the On Timer's content (TV, USB, or Antenna) and volume. The on and off timers work independently of one another.
ECO Settings: The Samsung LCD TV provides ECO settings to reduce the TV's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- ECO Sensor: To enhance your power savings, the picture settings will automatically adapt to the light in the room.
- Energy Saver: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, Auto, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- No Signal Standby: The TV will automatically switch to standby mode, if no picture is being received for a predetermined set amount of time (15, 30, or 60 minutes).
Auto Power Off: The TV will be automatically turned off after 3 hours of being left idle to prevent overheating (available only when the TV is turned on by the Timer).
Auto Protection Time: If the screen remains idle with a still image for a certain period of time (2, 4, 8, 10 hours) defined by the user, the TV's built-in screen saver is activated to prevent the formation of host images on the screen.
Melody: A unique melody plays when the TV is turned on and off. The melody volume is adjustable (Low/Medium/High), or you can turn this feature off if you prefer.
TV Only Remote: The supplied remote control is designed to only operate the Samsung LCD television. You can use the remote control up to a distance of about 23 feet from TV with a direct line of sight.
Anynet+: Anynet+ is a function that enables you to control all connected Samsung devices that support Anynet+ with the Samsung television's remote control. The Anynet+ system can be used only with Samsung devices that support the Anynet+ features. The Anynet+ feature must be turned on in the menu to function.
Swivel Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with the pedestal stand unattached. The pedestal stand consists of three individual pieces (base, shaft, and neck) that need to be assembled. The pedestal stand then attaches to the television using the supplied hardware. Once attached, the pedestal stand allows the TV to swivel 20° left or right. The television weighs 24.3 lbs with the stand
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is VESA 200 x 200 (200mm horizontal x 200mm vertical) in accordance with the industry standards set by the Video Electronics Standards Association. The threaded inserts require M6 (6mm) machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 19.8 lbs without the stand.
Detachable Power Cord: The 5' detachable AC power cord sits 0.625" from the rear-panel of the TV. The power cord's AC outlet plug sits 2.0" from the wall socket.
Kensington Lock: When mounting the monitor in a public place, you can secure it with an optional anti-theft device called a Kensington Lock. This TV has a slot on the rear panel to accommodate a Kensington Lock device.